• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

prayer for my health

Well its kinda a long story, but I'll try to make it short.
I was wondering if people could pray for me, Im struggling with 2 different things with my health right now, the first thing is that I just turned 21 and never once had my period(I know, too much info)and the 2nd thing is for about 2 months I was feeling some chest pain, not bad pain but any pain in your heart isnt good, So both things were foolish for me not going to the doctors and theres 2 reasons I kept puting it off, 1 was because I was scared and I didnt want my mom to worry, we are VERY close. Which I know that sounds backwards because I should have went all the more.
And the 2nd reason is because I was constantly praying for God to heal both the problems, and I felt if I went to the doctors, That was me saying "Oh well Gods not working i'll just go to the doctors" and I told my sis about it and she said its not like that and God talks about doctors in the Bible.
So any way it started with this one night, I just told God please make me go to the doctors if its what you want, and that night I went to the emergency room for both of the problems. The first tests they did for my chest pain was an EKG and an X Ray of my heart, and both were really scary,but they came out fine I've never done ant kind of tests, they also found I had a heart murmur, and the first doctor made it like you can have pain from a heart murmur and another docter made it like I shouldnt have pain from it and after a few other tests I got a ultra sound of my heart which I havent heard from yet. but its realy scary, I dont know how not to freak out the most and only thing that helps me is when I talk to God the whole time I'm there. Then as for the other thing, me not having my period, so far I did a blood test which I havent heard from, and a ultrasound of my pelvic, which I just got the results today, they basicaly said the ultrasound showed I have some kind of fluid filled thing the size of a grapefruit like behind my uterus, and I have cycts on my uterus. Today they did a internel pelvic exam, which was so embarassing it wasnt emberassing. And from that they said I have a small and misshappen uterus. And I have anther appointment on wednesday for a MRI of my pelvic. Sorry I wrote so much I'm just really worried and im trying to put all my trust in God but its hard to do that when I feel like hes mad at me and not hearing me. So please pray and maybe some inspirational bible verses or something.

Rachal, God is NOT mad at you! Get that through your head right now.

Continue to pray to God for healing and to guide your doctors in their treatment of you. Be sure to ask forgiveness of any sins you may have committed (knowingly or unknowingly, with the help of the Holy Spirit to reveal them to you).

You have done the right thing in getting professional help. Sometime God does do miraculous healings, but most of the time, He wants us to seek help from professionals. This is NOT a distrust of His love and guidance for you. If you aren't seeing the answer you THINK you should receive, it's Him letting you know that it isn't in His will that He, Himself wants to do it for you.

In other words, sometimes the answer is No.

Sometimes, He wants you to slow down.

And sometimes He wants you to wait on Him.

As for your chest pains, it's good you went to the ER, a person, no matter what age, shouldn't ignore such pain, and seek a doctor's help. That way, you will have more specific information and not have the anxiety or worry not knowing what's going on, and can pray specifically for help for your condition.

Now your delayed onset of menses: There are some girls who are 'late bloomers', so to speak, who start menstruating at a much late age than most girls. Here, again, it's good that you sought help for this when you went to the ER, as you have some serious-sounding conditions that have prevented your monthly periods. Now, again, you are informed what's going on, and can pray for specific healing from God.

Keep the faith, stay close to God, pray often, and give this over to Him for healing and restoration. We all go through trials and tribulations and God allows this to help us to grow in Him and refine us to His will for us. He never said it would be easy, and I'm not saying that either. Just remember: He is ALWAYS there for us!

Sent up a prayer for you and your mother.

God's timing is perfect & He gives sustanance 'til that timing comes.

Numbers 12:1-15 (NIV)

1 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. 2 "Has the LORD spoken only through Moses?" they asked. "Hasn't he also spoken through us?" And the LORD heard this.
3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

4 At once the LORD said to Moses, Aaron and Miriam, "Come out to the Tent of Meeting, all three of you." So the three of them came out. 5 Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the Tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When both of them stepped forward, 6 he said, "Listen to my words:
"When a prophet of the LORD is among you,
I reveal myself to him in visions,
I speak to him in dreams.

7 But this is not true of my servant Moses;
he is faithful in all my house.

8 With him I speak face to face,
clearly and not in riddles;
he sees the form of the LORD.
Why then were you not afraid
to speak against my servant Moses?"

9 The anger of the LORD burned against them, and he left them.

10 When the cloud lifted from above the Tent, there stood Miriam—leprous, like snow. Aaron turned toward her and saw that she had leprosy; 11 and he said to Moses, "Please, my lord, do not hold against us the sin we have so foolishly committed. 12 Do not let her be like a stillborn infant coming from its mother's womb with its flesh half eaten away."

13 So Moses cried out to the LORD, "O God, please heal her!"

14 The LORD replied to Moses, "If her father had spit in her face, would she not have been in disgrace for seven days? Confine her outside the camp for seven days; after that she can be brought back." 15 So Miriam was confined outside the camp for seven days, and the people did not move on till she was brought back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Matthew 9:20-22 (NIV)
20Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak.
21She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."
22Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

Too Late is Never Too Late with The Lord Jesus Christ:

Matthew 9:18-19,23-25 (NIV)
18While he was saying this, a ruler came and knelt before him and said, "My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live." 19Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples. ... 23When Jesus entered the ruler's house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, 24he said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him. 25After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up.

Acts 9:36-40 (NIV)
36In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which, when translated, is Dorcas[a]), who was always doing good and helping the poor. 37About that time she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upstairs room. 38Lydda was near Joppa; so when the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to him and urged him, "Please come at once!"

39Peter went with them, and when he arrived he was taken upstairs to the room. All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them.

40Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, "Tabitha, get up." She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up.

I am praying for peace, guidance, & healing for you.

I am joining in prayer for you my friend. Keep your eyes on Jesus but do not be afraid of Doctors. God Himself gave the herbs of the field as medicine and they can only apply the principles that He placed there for them to find.

Im just asking if you could pray for me more, I went to another appointment.And the Echocardiogram results were fine, but the results from the MRI showed that I had a septum in my uterus, which is pretty much a wall that goes down the middle of my uterus and is not supposed to be there, so she pretty much said I need surgery for them to remove it, I think the surgery is called a Laparoscopy when they put a tube with a camera in my stomach. And then another surgery to get that big mass removed too. Im really scared and im trying to put it all in Gods hands, and im not showing my fear because I dont want my mom to worry, shes realy worried but also trying to trust in God. She said I'm being really brave. So far the surgery isnt even scheduled yet, they said its not an emergency and we can schedule it when its best for us, I think it will be some time in april or may. Oh and because all the cysts on my ovaries they said I have polycystic ovarian syndrome,and even if I could have kids, theres alot of risk of having a baby when you have polycystic ovarian syndrome. A couple years ago I all the sudden wanted to adopt, so I think God definetly did that. I just cant wait for all these appointments to be over.

Last edited:
Active
For you Rachael89

Please read 1 tim 6:11-16 the need to perservere,in life we concern ourselves with so much,our time,our encouragement,and yes ourselves. We know what we understand,but we understand so little. When fear and worry look to grip us,we remember this 1 peter 5:7 as well as matt 11:28-30 by keeping our eyes fixed upon Jesus,we do not have to worry or fear,easy for some to say? true unless one has been given an example in there own life. I have 8 stents in my heart. i asked the Lord why? Do i not have enough faith? did I do something wrong? no,sometimes what happens is no one fault,but how we deal with it is! Deaut 31:6 be strong!! and of good courage!! same in Hebrews 13:5 we never give up! on God or us! because we are hidden with christ!! Col 3:3 The doctors came in, and said mark you may not make it. I said Rom 14:8!! they said why have you no fear? I said because Jesus is in me,does he have fear? they said no but you are not God either,I said John 14:12-14 the shut up!! operated, and here i am,my dear sister!! have no fear!! nor worry any! for you are the Lords! we decide if we wish to be afraid,I choose not to be,deaut 29:29 says the secret things belong to the Lord,and those things reveled belong to us! INDEED!! John10:10 Jesus said this to you! would you believe that!! or what the world says without Christ!! our choice! my prayers are with you,and so is the Lord!! I promise! and remember!! Titus 1:2 god is not a man that he can lie!! Lv in Christ to you! mark

Hey, Heres a little update, well ive been working on losing weight exscpecialy for the surgery so far I lsot 11 pounds and still going, ive been doing tons of excersize and dont have the chest pain anymore Im asking for people to pray that my surgery goes well, its on the 13th and for me not to be nervous thanks for all the prayers.

Last edited:
Father we thank You for a good outcome with this surgery, guide the Doctors hands and give them wisdom.
In Jesus Name we ask these things, believing we receive, amen.

What do you eat? Do you eat pork? shrimp, crab and fish w/o fins?

Lev 11:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
Lev 11:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
Lev 11:3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
Lev 11:4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
Lev 11:5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
Lev 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
Lev 11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Lev 11:8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
Lev 11:9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
Lev 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
Lev 11:11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
Lev 11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Isa 65:4 That sit among the graves, and lodge in the vaults; that eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;

If so maybe that causes bad health to you.

And do you rest? On the seventh day? Fully rest whole day?

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. And He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He had rested from all His work which God created to make.

Lord,i put rachael into your hands.May you lift her up and show her yourself through all these things. May she know you as father and feel peace in your protection. Praise you, almighty God! In Jesus name .Amen!

Last edited:
Praying for you Rachel.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6) In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy path.

Hey, Heres a little update, well ive been working on losing weight exscpecialy for the surgery so far I lsot 11 pounds and still going, ive been doing tons of excersize and dont have the chest pain anymore Im asking for people to pray that my surgery goes well, its on the 13th and for me not to be nervous thanks for all the prayers.

Num 6:24 May the LORD bless you and take care of you;
Num 6:25 May the LORD be kind and gracious to you;
Num 6:26 May the LORD look on you with favor and give you peace.
Amen...