• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

prayer for Mike

Lord God, Your love in Mike's family is strong and unshakable. Grant that these feeble attempts, for whatever "earthly, human, and devilish" reason to bring disharmony and unrest, be stopped. Lord I come before You and beg You that this man Curtis have a candid encounter with You. Block Curtis from his malicious behavior and grant that he feels shaken in the way that he is trying to derail others. Bring him to his knees Father. Your word says that even the rocks will cry out. It seems this man's heart is stone and grant that it cries out to You. You can do this Lord.

God, care for Mike in his righteous anger, guard his heart. I thank You that he knows you so well. Grant that he is no longer provoked. Grant that he need not make any more calls.

Let the cowardly man's strength fizzle and wither, just as anything that is not of You can't sustain, grant that that time for it's power to die is now. Grant Mike use his energy to continue do so much good and keep the demons scared, not proud of their petty tricks. Grant that now all his time can be devoted to ministry to his youth, to being with his family focused on positive things. Give him new songs and ideas for preaching. Grow them out of his victory, Your victory, the defeat of Throne Grace Ministries.

In Jesus' name
Amen

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you for praying for the mods sister. God bless you

Acts 6:8-15

"Stephen was filled with grace and power and began to work miracles and great signs among the people. Then certain people came forward to debate with Stephen, some from Cyrene and Alexandria who were members of the synagogue called the Synague of Freedom, and others from Cilicia and Asia. They found they could not stand up against him because of his wisdom, and the Spirit that prompted what he said. So they procured some men to say, 'We heard him using blasphemous language against Moses and against God.'

"Having turned the people against him as well as the elders and scribes, they took Stephen by surprise, and arrested him and brought him before the Sanhedrin. There they put up false witnesses to say, 'This man is always making speeches against this Holy Place and the Law. We have heard him say that Jesus, the Nazarene, is going to destroy this Place and alter the traditions that Moses handed down to us.'

"The members of the Sanhedrin all looked intently at Stephen, and his face appeared to them like the face of an angel."

Lord there have been so many false witnesses against Mike and I pray that his face would shine like an angel for all to see, showing Your power and bringing You glory. Lord God, I know this goes against all our natural reactions and I pray for all of us, myself especially to shine for you when under attack or when our faith is under attack. Send Your angels to us Lord. When the enemy tries to shake our foundation, shake up and thwart his feeble attempts. Perhaps not feeble to us Lord, but with You Lord, laughable.

Lord grant Mike and his family joy. Grant them lots of laughter this week. Seep your humor into his youth ministry, grant that they too shine for You and cry with You - whatever season they are in Lord, grant that that they can laugh too. Continue to bless them creatively, through more films or skits, pour out Your Spirit among them. Show Yourself to them. Thank You for Mike's heart for the youth and grant him more and more of Your wisdom, grace, compassion, and discernment. Young people today have are confronted with so much. Equip Mike to perservere right alongside and amongst them.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Lord God,

Continue to watch over Mike and his family and bless their time together. Grant that their actions show their love for each other and remind them all of the wonderful little things unique to their relationships with each other. God I ask You would minister to their hearts individually and at the same time grant that they grow together for Your purpose. As Mike posted earlier

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (NIV, John 14:26-27)

Whatever it is that challenges them, send Your Spirit to remind them they need not be afraid of anything. Grant the love they have for each other continues to be perfected, for Your love will cast out all fear.

Lord let this fearless love spill out into their community, especially to the youth they minister to. Lord give the young people he and his family work with both boldness and gentleness. Spill that over to young people who may be out of the fold, who either are running away or feel ignored and rejected by You. Use them to be You, to show that You desire all to come to You.

God I thank You for your amazing heart for us. You are so patient with us and show us so much mercy. Oh God, give us hearts like that for each other and for all people. Teach us all to love like You.

In Jesus' name
Amen

Father God, once again I must praise You for the way You have made us and what pleases You - for it's sheer beauty and sweetness. I thank You so much for this opportunity to pray for Mike and just agree with his praise of the encouraging time to come together and workship You in the chat room. Thank You that we were able to attend and go before us all to prepare another time like that!

Jesus, I continue to pray for Your protection for Mike and his family. I lift up Michael Jr, Christine and Joel. Father you know all their needs and they are in such different stages of their lives. Grant that they can encourage each other and use the older ones' more recent experience to minister to the youngers' hearts and refresh the elder children with the youngers' perspectives. Grow them all in You and ever more to You.

Lord, Your word says of Samuel, "Yahweh was with him and did not let a single word fall to the ground of all that he told him." Grant that when You speak to Mike and his family, not a single word falls to the ground. Speak clearly and give them Your peace.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Isaiah 61

"He has sent me to bring the news to the afflicted
to soothe the broken-hearted
to procliam liberty to the captives,
to release those in prison
to proclaim a year of favor from Yahweh
and a day of vengence for our God,
to comfort all who mourn
(to give to Zion's mourners),
to give them for ashes as a garland,
for mourning-dress, the oil of gladness,
for despondency, festal attire;
and they will be called 'terebinghs of saving justice'
planted by Yahweh to glorify him.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
they will raise what has long lain waste,
they will restore the ruined cities,
and what has lain waste for ages past."

Lord God, I thank You for Mike, his love for You and those that he ministers to, for his family and I lift up his son Michael to You. I pray that You would make alcohol revolting to him. I pray he would turn from it as if it were poisen and grant that he is free from it. God I pray that if he needs to wrestle with You, he would do this fully sober. Send more Christians to him, that listen well, wait on Your Spirit, and love fully.

God I pray that his cries would be directed toward you. Begin to clear out that which comes between You and him and do a mighty work so that he is just before You. Lord whatever he needs to do, to cry, to scream, to unleash questions, to admit fears, to let go of hurts, whatever it is God, begin an overhaul that brings him before You where he is at.

Lord God as You work, grant that you encourage Mike and all of his family that You are a merciful God that will go to unimaginable lengths to retrieve us. You are a God that will transform all that is not right and make it so that it works for our best.

Grant that this is the part of Michael's story where he turns to You. Please Father God, do this work soon.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Last edited:
Thank you for lifting our son in prayer. May the Lord bless you and give you the desires of your heart, for all the prayers you have prayed for the people at Talk Jesus. You are a blessing.

Your sister in Christ,
Mary:girl_hug:

:rainbow:

Zephaniah 3:16-20

Zion, have no fear,
do not let your hands fall limp.
Yahweh your God is there with you,
the warrior-Savior.
He will rejoice over your with happy song,
He will renew you by his love,
He will dance with shouts of joy for you
as on a day of fesitval

I have taken away your misfortune,
no longer need you bear the disgrace of it.
I am taking action here and now
against your oppressors."

Father God,

I thank You for hope and for taking action for us, constantly watching out for us and working through us. Grant that Mike feels this truth even more and grant that he sees Your acts and senses strongly when You are working through him. Give him hope for his son and draw Michael Jr to yourself. Continue to do the work that you are doing and grant that now be the time he trun to You. God we long to rejoice over him and how much more do You! Father God cause circumstances to soften him and surround him in good fellowship.

Father I pray for good fellowship for Mike too and for his family. Just as you take joy in us, grant that Mike has songs of joy for You. Grant that his heart may be light at moments when he can break away and just rest with You. If his heart is heavy, grieve with him Lord and allow quick healing. Whatever the season he is in right now, be strong and present and send Your Spirit to guide and comoft him.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Thank you sister for all your prayers . I haven't needed prayer this bad in 15 years . I couldn't even begin to tell you about it all . Just thanks . Mike

Proverbs 15:30 and 16:24

"A kindly glance gives joy to the heart,
good news lends strength to the bones."

"Kindly words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the taste, wholesome to the body."

Father God,

I thank and praise You for Mike's counsel and good news for this body at Talk Jesus. I pray you would continue to guide him with You Spirit and grant that he is encouraged and blessed as well.

I thank You that he is a father that loves You, and that Your heart can be shown through him to teach others about Your love and especially to the youth Lord. Equip him and equip them with him to reach more for You.

God, reach out to Mike Jr. Soften his heart, grant he come home to You. Grant that he can be open to correction that he would not bury a feeling of conviction but that he would face it and break open to Your healing.

Bless Mike's marriage and entire family. Grant that Your good news would be a promise that becomes more real to them each day. As they work hard for You, grant them good full rest and recharge them in body as well as spirit.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Psalm 84

"How lovely are your dwelling places,
Yahweh Sabaoth.
My whole being yearns and pines
for Yahweh's courts,
My heart and my body cry out for joy
to the living God

Even thr sparrow has found a home
the swallow a nest to place its young:
Your alters, Yahweh Sabaoth
my King and my God."

Father God I thank You for being a refuge, that we don't have to worry about anything so careful is Your attention to us. Grant that Mike would be anxious for nothing, that all that he has to do he would trust will get done, and that as he works and goes through his day, he senses Your peace and provision.

Praise You God that You know all his needs and concerns and that You can work out every last detail. Renew and recharge him with supernatural strength and clear his mind. Grant that he gets good solid rest.

Father for his children, be with them and encourage them. Grant that Mike Jr's heart softens for You and grant that Christians on fire for You cross his path. Grant that a brother close in age to him would be able to minister to him and reflect You. Woo him to Yourself Lord.

Grant that Christine and Joel are encouraged and blessed as well. Be with them as they have fun with their friends and as they work at their studies. Grant that Your light and joy would permeate their spirits.

Thank You for Your goodness Lord and bless Mike's family.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Father God,

Thank You and praise You for giving my brother Mike a heart for prayer and grant that You continue to nurture that heart, protecting it from anything not of You. Father may he just continually meditate on all that is good as he brings the needs of the leaders on this site, his friends and family, and the world to Your throne. We often don't see Your response, but if it is within Your will, encourage him with a surprise this week, the kind of moment when prayer is answered and our souls are affirmed and a little amazed. You are an amazing God. Show Yourself to Mike and to his family.

Lord God I lift up Mike Jr to You. Draw him into Your word, as the Psalm says, gran that he "murmers his law day and night." Grant he is given peace after a surrender to You and pursue him avidly until he does surrender. Father, grant that be soon.

Encourage Christine and Joel as well. Bless them at school and in all their relationships, inspire their minds with creative thoughts and grant them sweet sleep. Encourage Mary and bless her time with all of her family. Grant that she and Mike get special time alone together, as busy as things can get, protect their time.

Watch over Mike and his family as they continue to grow in You.

In Jesus' name
Amen

Your prayers are not in vain . :love: God is restoring many things that were lost in the battles . May his abundant mercy be returned unto you as you have sown much into others . Peace and Grace be with you . :love: :boy_hug: Mike , Mary , Mike Jr. , Christine , and Joel .