• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Prayer for help with procastination

I am 21 and still do not have my drivers license. I will be turning 22 in January. I always say that I'm going to get my license, but I always put it off. I've just started saving up for a car, but I obviously still need my license. I realize that I need to stop procrastinating. I pray that God changes my heart and shows me how to stop procrastinating. And I also want to begin to focus on God a lot more.

Heavenly Father, in the Name of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the working power of the Holy Spirit, I lift you up this child of Yours and with his petition about procrastination. U know his heart's desire to stop this habit Lord. I pray for your strength and help.Give him self
determination to do it for the glory of your name. Lord we thank you for whenever we ask anything according to your will, you will hear us. The thing he's asking Lord is your will.

Bless him Lord as he seek you continually. In Jesus name i pray. Amen

God bless you Brother.

Sister Rermielin

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1John 5:14

Last edited:
It's funny you mention wanting to get your liscense. (Pardon my spelling too I'm terrible with that word.) I just got mine though not 3 weeks ago and I put it off for years. I recieved my G1 which is a learning lisence here in Canada. I'm not sure what system you follow. But I got it when I turned 16 and I was so excited and determined to get my G2 which allowed me to drive alone and earn my own car. I failed my G2 twice when I was only 17 and I gave up and lost interest. For 4 and a half years I put off getting my G2 and it wasn`t until I recieved a letter in the mail stating I had 6 months left before my G1 expired and I would have to start all over again that i started to worry, I let panic set in and thought Òh no I`ve just started a new job, I don`t have money to get my G2 now and it`s winter in 3 months I need to do it soon driving in the snow is aweful. I waited anyway, I put it off again and again and even set myself to believe that I had to start from skratch. Than I got time...and something told me to go. I was scared because of my past failures and the day I took the test it was heavily snowing. Somehow and only by the grace of God did I pass.
I have to admit having the burden of getting my liscence taken off my chest was such a relief and it`s something I don`t have to panic about anymore. I have the freedom I need to get from point A to point B. I know it`s never pleasent going for your driving test but consider it a door and when you open it God will open more possibilities for you. If you want to know God more and you also want your liscence I`d say do it for God go and get it and than he`ll do something for you if you ask. Ask and you shall recieve. God is loving and he does notice our accomplisments in success. Ephesians 5:16 says `Make the most of every oppertunity for doing good in these evil days.`

Your sister in Christ. Becky

I am 21 and still do not have my drivers license. I will be turning 22 in January. I always say that I'm going to get my license, but I always put it off. I've just started saving up for a car, but I obviously still need my license. I realize that I need to stop procrastinating. I pray that God changes my heart and shows me how to stop procrastinating. And I also want to begin to focus on God a lot more.

Heavenly Father be with this brother and help him to achieve the desire of his heart. Amen