• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

prayer for guidance

Something is weighing heavy on my heart. The fact that I know some of my siblings are lost even though they claim to be reborn Christians. I need guidance in how to approach the matter with them. So far I have been uplifting my concerns to God and asked Him to show them that their chosen life of homosexuality is immoral. It is a bit complicated in explaining to them even though they gave their lives to Christ, continuing to live immorally in their relationships is wrong. In my heart I know they are not yet ready for the truth, and all I can do is pray for them; however, knowing the truth and not sharing it with them - my greatest fear is that something happens and I did not share the truth with them. I know one day we stand in front of God and account for our own sins - but I suppose the guilt of not sharing the truth with them is weighing heavy on my heart. But also I do not want to destroy work that may be happening in their lives at this stage. Not being close to them - in distance or relationship - complicates matters. Need prayer for guidance that God will guide me as to what to do. I do not want to do anything - walk anywhere - without God leading me.

Loyal
Pray for guidance and then call them and tell them you felt led to tell them your faith and why you think its (homosexuality) wrong, but do it in a kind way, and if they get hateful toward you, tell them you dont mean to offend, but you felt you had to say something or be held accountable yourself. Have scriptures ready if they think its okay and want you to prove it.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep praying till I feel it is the right time. God's timing is always better than ours. At the moment I feel they not ready to hear the truth. There is much more involved to this matter that is too complex to write. But I believe that God will reach them in ways that will only He knows at this stage; it is up to them to be willing to listen.

Do you think it is immoral my friend? And be honest I am not here to judge no man? Love is something that we feel and is not defined by its looks but it's confidence:)

Loyal
Do you think it is immoral my friend? And be honest I am not here to judge no man? Love is something that we feel and is not defined by its looks but it's confidence:)

So you think homosexuality is okay despite what scripture says about it otherwise? Just throw out scripture if it doesnt suit you?