• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

prayer for Fellowservant

Lord Jesus, I thank You for my brother and grant him Your wisdom as he moderates for the site. May be be encouraged always, as Your word says,

2 Thessalonians 2:13-17
"But we must always thank God for you, brothers whom the Lord loves, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved by the Spirit who makes us holy and by faith in the truth. Through our gospel he called you to this so that you should claim as your own the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Stand firm, then, brothers, and keep the traditions that we taught you, whether by word of mouth of by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father who has given us his love and, through his grace, such ceaseless encouragement and such sure hope, encourage you and strengthen you in every good word and deed."

Grant that his good work here serve to strengthen him in his walk with You and grant that the team is knit together in truth and love. Grant they encourage each other and have that sure hope that You so graciously supply us. Bless him and all the leadership and this site Lord with the same sense of community and fellowship as that early church Paul wrote to and give us all hearts that have the same zeal and vision for Your kingdom and Your kindgom's family.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Lord Jesus, I thank You for Fellowservant and his eagerness to pray for so many people here on TalkJesus. I thank you for his encouragements and kindness that comes across so gently in his posts. Bless him as he moderates and draw him to those that are conflicted and to crys for help. Lord Your word says "the peace sown by peacemakers reaps a harvest of justice." Grant that Your will, justice, be done here through his witness and by Your Spirit.

Bless his marriage and his family, protect them from evil. Grant that he senses You close.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Lord God, thank You for planting wisdom and gentleness in Fellowservant and thank You so much for his response, echoing with others, to go to our knees where the Lord will fight the battle for us.

Give us that kind of faith, the kind that was with Jehoshaphat when facing the Cushites, who cried out to You, "Yahweh, you are our God. Human strength cannot prevail against You." Grant that our hearts have full confindence in Your victory and the humility, when You deliver us, to remember Who gave us success.

I thank You for the prayers Fellowservant faithfully offers to You, for all the battles he engages in for Your kingdom. The enemy cannot be happy about that Lord, so protect him - keep those times with You free of distraction. Grant that Your Spirit shows him what to pray for. God You are so good to us. Thank You for that Spirit - for knowing us all so well.

Bless all areas of Fellowservants life, especially be with his family and strengthen them in Your love.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Job 37
"Listen, oh listen, to the blast of his voice,
and the sound that issues from his mouth.
His lightning is hurled across the heaven,
it strikes to teh extremities of earth.
After it comes a roaring sound,
God thunders with a majestic voice.
He does not check his thunderbolts
until his voice resounds no more.
Yes, certainly God shows is marvels
and does great deeds that we cannot understand...
God is clothed in fearful splendor:
he, Shaddai, is far beyond our reach.
Supreme in power, in equity,
excelling in saving justice, yet no opressor--
no wonder then that people fear him:
everyone thoughtful holds him in awe!"

Father God You are mighty and yet You show us in creation who You are and that You care for us. Praise You Father for showing Fellowservant all the things that point us to You in Your creation. Continue to show Yourself to him, grant him insights into Your purposes and by Your Spirit. Grant that he can sit back and just delight in You as well God.

Bless Jon, Cordell and Jolie. Encourage them and provide for them. Grant that they look to the sparrows as the Gospel says and are filled with peace at how much more they are attended to. Grant they are all blessed with good fellowship both with each other and in the church.

Bless Fellowservants marriage and thank You so much for both their commitments and hard work on this site. Thank You for their hearts of prayer and grant that Your angels would be at work for them and for Your will.

In Jesus' name
Amen

Praise You Father for speaking to Fellowservant through Your word, through the powerful verses in the book of Hosea. Father thank You for Your incredible love for us, and for choosing a man who would love a woman and obey You, despite all circumstances where he was justified to leave her. You are so above reproach and You choose people who can and will obey You to do amazing and mighty works, who sometimes must grieve with You in ways that only You can understand. Lord, I know that all You do is for the greatest good and God, help us all to see Your purposes more clearly, take up our crosses with more determination, and obey Your Spirit more whole-heartedly.

I know that suffering can draw us close to You, but I also know You allow it for seasons. I pray that the season of physical suffering that Fellowservant has endured would be transformed to a season of freedom from pain and joy. You long to heal us, You long to see us restored, so do that work in his life, in his body. Father grant that he is also free from discouragement. Use the time that he has suffered for his growth and as a testimony to Your power, but now, Father, please draw him out of pain and into healing.

Hosea closes with
"Let the wise understand these words,
let the intelligent grasp their meaning,
for Yahweh's ways are straight
and the upright will walk in them
but the sinners will stumble."

Father God, grant that Fellowservant walk tall and strong as he grasps Your truths. Increase his wisdom, grant that he continues to so gently minister to others, and grant that he can do this even more and pain free. I know he will be praising You for the healing Father. So do a mighty, miraculous work.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Father God,

Please continue the work of healing in Fellowservant's body. Grant he is encouraged and recharged. Grant him energy and no pain. I thank You for the heart he has for prayer and just ask that you rush to answer his needs as well as those he loves. Continue to protect and bless Jon, Jolie, and Cordell and bless his time with Shelly.

as the Psalm says
"Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us,
as you hope has rested in You."

They love You Lord, pour out Your love in their lives even more abundantly.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Joel 2:23-26

Sons of Zion be glad,
rejoice in Yahweh your God;
for he has given you
autumn rain as justice demands,
and he will send the rains down for you,
the autumn and spring rain of old.
The threshing-floors will be full of grain
the vats overflow with wine and oil.

I will make up to you for the years
devoured by grown locust and hopper
by shearer and young locust,
my great army
which i sent to invade you.

You will eat to your heart's content,
and praise the name of Yahweh your God
who has treated you so wonderfully."

Father God, I again come to you on behalf of Fellowservants health and ask You completely restore him. Grant that you renew his energy and encourage his spirit. Grant that whatever the cause of his physical pain is would be taken out at the root, never to return. I praise You that You have a heart to replenish. Move now to replenish Fellowservant in physical strength - and any other places that that has taken a toll.

Send Your Spirit to dwell with him and Shelly and may they just continue to be ever more deeply in love with each other and with You. Grant that Jolie, Jon, and Cordell are also surrounded in love.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Daniel 2:20-22

"May the name of God
be blessed for ever and ever,
since the wisdom and power are his alone.
It is he who controls the procession times and seasons,
who makes and unmakes kings,
who confers wisdom on the wise,
and knowledge on those with discernment,
who uncovers depths and mysteries,
who knows what lies in darkness;
and light dwels with him."

Father God,

I thank You for the wisdom and discernment that You have given Fellowservant and that You use him to bless so many here. Continue to grant him these gifts and grant that You would shed light on his questions.

Heal his body, Lord. Your word says you control the seasons and not just the weather Lord, though even the wind obeys You, but Father also the seasons in our lives. Father grant that this season of pain is over, close that chapter so that he can live more freely and fully. Miraculously heal him and bless the things in his life that are leading him to health.

Father also bless his marriage and his children. Grant that Jolie, Cordell, and Jon would also be contually blessed with Your wisdom and discernment and grant You shed Your light into their lives, guiding them through any struggles, answering their prayers and questions.

Sometimes Your depths are so difficult for us, but Lord thank You for the amazing and unfathomable depths of this life and Your life. Grant that Fellowservant and his family have peace even with the most difficult mysteries, because of Your Lordship. Grant they feel Your nearness even as they sense Your greatness.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety weighs down the human heart,
but a good word cheers it up."

Lord,

Praise You Father for giving Fellowservant wisdom about the this world! As he has posted, "pleasures and cares of this life choke the word, we choke Christ out of our lives, as he is the word, when we act like this".

Lord free all of us from anxiety and worry or distraction of what seems to be good, but can be put too high on our priority list. Grant that only You are Lord of our lives and that we chase after You to meet all our needs.

God especially be with Jon, Jolie, and Cordell as they wait upon You. Grant them peace as they grow in You and claim You as Lord of their lives. Grant them good fellowship and that people around their age would sharpen and encourage them, giving them good words that cheers their hearts and edifies their lives.

Bless Fellowservant in all he does, continue to lead him by Your Spirit and give him wisdom. Bless his prayerful heart and keep him encouraged. If he is in pain, heal him. Bless him in his marriage and grant that he and Shelly have sweet times together.

In Jesus name,
Amen

fightngwrmwood said:
Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety weighs down the human heart,
but a good word cheers it up."

Lord,

Praise You Father for giving Fellowservant wisdom about the this world! As he has posted, "pleasures and cares of this life choke the word, we choke Christ out of our lives, as he is the word, when we act like this".

Lord free all of us from anxiety and worry or distraction of what seems to be good, but can be put too high on our priority list. Grant that only You are Lord of our lives and that we chase after You to meet all our needs.

God especially be with Jon, Jolie, and Cordell as they wait upon You. Grant them peace as they grow in You and claim You as Lord of their lives. Grant them good fellowship and that people around their age would sharpen and encourage them, giving them good words that cheers their hearts and edifies their lives.

Bless Fellowservant in all he does, continue to lead him by Your Spirit and give him wisdom. Bless his prayerful heart and keep him encouraged. If he is in pain, heal him. Bless him in his marriage and grant that he and Shelly have sweet times together.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Father God . I came together in faith , and according to your promises for my brother . I ask you Father for your blessing to be over all his house in Jesus name . Father , as this prayer goes forth , let all his enemies be scattered and I ask you Lord , to continue to meet all his needs that his Joy may be complete through Jesus Christ , our Risen Lord . Amen .