• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Pray for physicial and spiritual healing and question

I receieved the Lord Jesus in 2008, and then baptized in water on Feb 2010, I have failed the Lord so many times, in my life , I have not left church never, but started involving in wordly activities such as video games, movies, lie to parents, and getting angry with famliy. In ocassions I would feel the conviction from God in my to repent and ask for forgiveness , but I have to say that as I started going away on my spiritual life(not praying, not reading and studying the bible) , taking part on wordly things, the presence and voice of the Lord in my heart have not speak in my spirit .

I have read that the Holy Spirit can be grieved and quenched , and also the Bible speak about an unpordannable sin , which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

In the Old testament, The Holy Spirit indwelt King Saul, but then departed from him (1 Samuel 16:14).
David ask God in psalm 51 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
There is more examples in the Old Testament . Which show the Holy Spirit indweling in prophets and kings, for example samson.

In the New testament
John 14:15-17
"If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--the Spirit of truth".

Ephesians 4:30
speaks about the seal of the Holy Spirit, but I am not sure if is refering to the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Have this happened to anybody, could this mean that I am lukewarmed, did God have left me ? I still feel the need for pray, I have prayed like never before, I am leaving all sinful thigs,

Please I ask you for your prayers and testimonies, and prayful thoughts, I feel very depress and confussed at the moment. I need the Lord peace .

God Bless You.
Ricardo

Last edited:
The fact that this is so heavy on your mind is an indicator that HE is even now working on you. Do not get discouraged; understand that He wants to move in your life. He gives conviction because He loves us. The enemy gives condemnatino because he hates us and wants to keep us feeling isolated from the only One who can help us.

Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

God works all things for the good even when we fail. If we but keep our eyes on Him we simply cannot loose.

Loyal
Praying for you brother. Seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and follow that guidance. Its not a heavy burden, its just that the old man in you wants to assert control in your life and regain the freedom to be irresponsible. Dont let him be your guide, he will lead you to slaughter.

The Holy Ghost Did not dwell in anyone ! Until after the Lord sent it back !

Joh_7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

i know there is reason in scriptures that some might think He did ? But He did Not !

Look man the fastest and easiest way to get very close to the LORD and Hear Him is fasting ! I found it Only takes three days water only and reading the Bible and praying to get though that 2nd day ! satan tries to stop us as he knows we will then be used in a much more perfect way by our LORD JESUS!
but i pray the LORD reveals whatever you need to know to be faithful and walking in His power to give Him glory and touch many lives ! in the mighty name of our LORD JESUS !

Isa_58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Every yoke means Everything and anything that coming between us and our LORD !

Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

Mar_2:20 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.
Luk_5:34 And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
Luk_5:35 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Fasting on just water is so important to GOD family here ! It needs to be preached more ! Then we would see the signs and wonders in many more lives and much more healings and miracles and glory to our LORD JESUS !

Loyal
I am also praying for you, Ricky! May God keep you always on the pathway leading closer to Him.