• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pray For My Son Joshua

My Dear Brothers & Sisters,
As you know from my last posting, my oldest son Joshua has gone out of state with my ex for two weeks out of state. My ex is an abusive and violent alcoholic and the last time Josh was with him, (two weeks ago) he beat him up in front of his friend. Joshua called me last night crying and concerned. He asked me to pray for him that the Lord would help him get through this next two weeks. He already wants to come home. My heart broke for him. He knows that his dad is going to be the same as he was last week, it is a pattern for him. Since this has been going on for so many years, I have asked the Lord for this revolving door of abuse to stop now. It is time for a deliverace and some supernatural intervention. I know that it is not the Lords will for my son to continue to suffer at the hands of someone who has no remorse for his deeds. You cannot reason with an unreasonable man. Although I pray for his salvation with all of my heart, I also pray for our deliverance from his abuse. I know that the Lord is going to do something very wonderful. I believe that our time of favour is here and so is our deliverance from this cycle of abuse.
Would you please pray for my son and his safety. That the Lord will not let Andy touch one hair on his head, and that when Andy drives drunk, that the Lord will protect all who are in the car with him.
After years of this kind of treatment, it is a comfort to know that soon my family will not have to suffer it anymore. My other two children and I are praying daily, hourly, for Joshua. We already miss him and wish that he was home where he belongs.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any prayers or other words of encouragement at my home e-mail: warriorseven@earthlink.net.
With all of my heart I thank all of your for your prayers. It is a great comfort to me and my family that we have someplace to go where other christians really care.
In Christs Love,
Knight1

Note: Many of my brothers and sisters in the Lord have mentioned putting Andy in jail and contacting the police and having him put away. I just wanted you all to know that I have tried that to no avail. The judge (a woman) said that Andy's drinking problem was not an issue when it came to his visitation rights and that if I witheld my son from seeing him that I would be put in jail! Also, I did call the police on him and when the police showed up at his house they said that even though he was drunk he was in his own home and then they left. After they left Andy beat up Josh and Eric! That is why I am asking for prayer and the supernatural intervention of the Lord. We have received no justice from the police or the courts. It is in God's hands now. I have done all that any responsible parent would do, unfortunately the laws of the land have failed us, but I know that God will not!

Last edited:
Dear sister I prayed for your son for protection. Know that you are loved and if you ever need to talk feel free to contact me. God Bless you sister. Your sister in Christ Bobbie

Knight1 . It is not right for your son to be under this kind of abuse . I will pray for you but I will also tell you that you need to have this man locked up by the police ! You have to take charge here and put a stop to this abuse .
Mike

God's blessings and prayers to you dear Sister. We know that God is full of compassion and mercy. He is also well able to deliver. He is the All Powerful One and sees your need. In fact He saw your need from before the foundation of the Earth and made provision for that need. We give Glory and thanksgiving to him as He intervenes in your life!

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Knight1 said:
Antiqua]the last time Josh was with him, (two weeks ago) he beat him up in front of his friend. Joshua called me last night crying and concerned. He asked me to pray for him that the Lord would help him get through this next two weeks. He already wants to come home.

Hi, Knight1!

I am praying.

Are you afraid of your ex-husband? Why not report this to the authorities?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Knight1, it sounds as if we have the agreement of "3 or more" for the safety of your son. That 3 strong cord cannot be easily broken. Each time doubt & fear tries to overcome you, praise God that He is keeping your son safe. No other can protect as He can.

I'm also going to be praying a little differently. Since the authorities have shown they have no interest in helping you (I had this happen with me personally too), I'm going to pray that your ex-husband's sins will be made evident. If he chooses to drink & drive, I pray that he will be stopped & tested for drunk driving & found to fail the test. That way, he will at least no longer be able to endanger the children in that manner. It also gives you greater leverage for any further action you might be able to take from that point on.

I'm not praying bad things upon him...just that he have to confront his sin.

May God hold you in the palm of His Hand during this time & give you a peace that passes all understanding.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Knight1 said:
It is in God's hands now. I have done all that any responsible parent would do, unfortunately the laws of the land have failed us, but I know that God will not!

Hi, Knight1!

Amen!

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
I'm also going to be praying a little differently. Since the authorities have shown they have no interest in helping you (I had this happen with me personally too), I'm going to pray that your ex-husband's sins will be made evident. If he chooses to drink & drive, I pray that he will be stopped & tested for drunk driving & found to fail the test. That way, he will at least no longer be able to endanger the children in that manner. It also gives you greater leverage for any further action you might be able to take from that point on.

Such a good idea! I will join in with this! The Bible tells us in Galations that we reap what we sow. It is one of the main ways that God has of causing us to face our sins and foolishness. May this happen for the father's welfare and the son's deliverance. Amen!

My heart and prayers go out for your son and your family including the ex. I too agree that this situation needs to be reported to the authorities asap.
May the Lord return to you your son safely and may his father get the appropriate help he needs, and your family be restored according to good and faithful will of the Lord.
Peace be with you,
John

awww sweetheart my heart truely goes out to you,I feel for you having a son myself,how awful for you,but you know what your sons angels are beholding the face of our heavenly father all the time,God is protecting him,and looking after you too.as for your ex well the bible verse its better for him to have a millstone tied up to him and drown in the deepest sea comes to mind,God hates child abuse with a passion and of course we are all here for you my sister..hugs darling of course we will pray for your son and you too xI think its a good idea trying to get the police involved again,i just wish the poor lamb could stay with you

That is a shame

I am a single man, and been single my entire life, I wish I had a son and wife, and I see these men who have them and treat them like dirt.

I am a single man, and been single my entire life, I wish I had a son and wife, and I see these men who have them and treat them like dirt.
well i guess im luckey in one way ,although my ex was abusive to me he never hurt my son,Im not saying hes a good father though because hes not really,but at least they love each other.