Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Pray for my daughter

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by vedasummers, Apr 13, 2008.

1. I don't understand how I get your email Gelly. You said via PM. Maybe there are things here I haven't learnt. I thank you for the love you are giving.

2. God bless you Im here if you need me and your in my prayers.
    May the Lord be with you in your time of need.

3. #23 Gelly, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2008
    hi i was just thinking of you//i been to church and i had a prayer said by my church for you all/and when i was praying/ ecclesiastes 3 v2;;8 came into my mind i felt i had to share that ,my email address/ (edited by LLJ) ,please stay in touch/im in london,god bless you all//psalm 23 brought a lot of comfort to me,when i was grieving.gelly

4. I thank everyone who have been holding us up in prayer. I really do feel it. I still don't know how to email you Gelly.

We took my grandson to a tennis tournament today and he did really well and it helped Nadine to think about something else.

We will get through this dreadful grief with God's help. I know He is doing that right now. He has shown us a lot of things in this terrible time. This is when we see Him in His full glory.

I know He has endless love for us.

I want to praise Him so much.

5. Thank you sister for the courage to share this, indeed God will make a way for Nadine and the boyfriend's family. Let me encourage you and Patricks family with this scripture Psalms 121:1 " I lift up my eyes unto the hills, from where comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth."

Look unto Jesus the alpha and omega. He's well able to heal, comfort and give us a fresh start. Be blessed my dear.

6. Thank you By His Grace and Gelly. You have been wonderful. I won't contact you Gelly because I never get any address. Don't worry about it.

Thank you again.

7. Hope for Suicides

Okay, I think the book, "Surprised by the Voice of God" by Jack Deere, chapter 12 has a personal account of his father's own suicide and what the Lord showed him about it. Very encouraging. The whole book is great.

8. blessings in the lord,im so happy you are getting some normality back in you lives,trust in jesus,his love endures forever,you have to send your email adress via private message to me,in my prayers,gelly x

9. I've just looked back on the postings. You are all such precious brothers and sisters, it moves me.

I will send my address Gelly.

Thank you June for the book title I will see if I can get it through Amazon.

Bless you all.

Veda

10. Gelly,

How do I post to you privately, I can't see where to go. Maybe you could pm me. You say you are in London, which Church do you go to? Thank you so much for getting prayers for us. My brother used to go to Holy Trinity, Brompton and now goes to St Paul's at Hammersmith, two wonderful churches. The Alpha course was started at Holy Trinity.

June,

I have ordered the book...thank you for telling me about it.

In His love,

Veda

11. Only Jesus!

I'm new here so first of all hello everyone! God can and will do it!!! He is the God that heals and its in His wings. So may the God of all comfort overshadow you and your family, Blessings to you!

12. Thank you so much Ablesd, so very kind.

13. Hi Veda. I will pray with you and your daughter. I am so sorry for the hurt she is going through right now. I pray that Gods peace and comfort will rein down on her and her boyfriends family. And I pray also that you will find some peace and comfort as well and the strength to help see your daughter through. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

14. Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much for your prayers for us, we need them so much, especially my daughter.

I would like to say to June that I tHank you June for the recommendation of the book, Surprised by the Voice of God. You and I had no idea what would come from my getting this book. It arrived today. Yesterday I spoke to a friend and voiced my concern that another missionary friend does not think Patrice is with the Lord because he committed suicide, she then, much to my shocked surprise, said she didn't know either. I thought this was quite a tactless thing to say to me at this stage, we are only just over 2weeks into grieving, talk about give me comfort!

After I came off the phone I was very deeply troubled, she had added to my huge burden. I turned to Jesus and said that I would like Him to give me a definite sign that Patrice is with Him, it had to be so strong that I would have no doubt. If I didn't get one I would have to assume that maybe my friends were right. Today that wonderful book arrived June and the Lord's voice resounded in my ears. I am so elated, I just can't describe it!!!

He is such a kind, loving, gentle and gracious Saviour.

PRAISE TO YOU DEAR LORD JESUS.:singing:

May He richly bless you all.

15. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi June,

Did you ever read this below? I posted it on 30th April...........

I would like to say to June that I thank you June for the recommendation of the book, Surprised by the Voice of God. You and I had no idea what would come from my getting this book. It arrived today. Yesterday I spoke to a friend and voiced my concern that another missionary friend does not think Patrice is with the Lord because he committed suicide, she then, much to my shocked surprise, said she didn't know either. I thought this was quite a tactless thing to say to me at this stage, we are only just over 2weeks into grieving, talk about give me comfort!

After I came off the phone I was very deeply troubled, she had added to my huge burden. I turned to Jesus and said that I would like Him to give me a definite sign that Patrice is with Him, it had to be so strong that I would have no doubt. If I didn't get one I would have to assume that maybe my friends were right. Today that wonderful book arrived June and the Lord's voice resounded in my ears. I am so elated, I just can't describe it!!!

He is such a kind, loving, gentle and gracious Saviour.

PRAISE TO YOU DEAR LORD JESUS.

16. Praise You, Jesus, for your precious comfort to our sister!

17. God Loves You

Dear Sister

Remember that GOD LOVES YOU, Cast You burden on him and he will solve

all you problem.Don't worry my sister Surely there will be a end to all your

problem. GOD BLESS YOU:embarasse

18. Thank you June for your response. It really was quite remarkable how God timed that book to arrive just after I asked Him to give me a sign.

Thank you Alex for your precious encouragement. It will take a long time for us to get through this particular problem, it is so big. My daughter Nadine is not doing well. I had to do an emergency call to our Chaplain yesterday morning, she had been up all Sunday night and was in a bad way in the morning. We thought of looking for a counsellor but he like me is not too keen. He says he would like to try to help Nadine himself.

God bless you.