• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pray for me! and let me pray for you!

Hey so this is my first day on this website however I want to reach out and ask you all to pray for me.

If some of you have the time to read this please do, and say a prayer for me, not once, not twice, but until I come back with my testimony to let you know how God has worked in my life.

I grew up very close to the Word of God, my father, uncle and grandfather were all pastors. However, I never really understood myself the power of God. I went off to college and made all the bad decisions you could think of. Drugs,sex, parties, basically wasting the opportunity God had set before. I started telling myself God wasn't real and that I could do whatever I wanted in life. I stopped praying, stopped going to church, and traded in that life for parties and women and trying to be the most popular on campus. It wasn't long before God stepped in. A week after my 20th birthday a girl i had been seeing told me she was pregnant. Fast Forward 1 year later, everything I had held close and that was important was gone. All my friends were gone, I lost my car, my job, and ended up somehow stuck in this city that was not my home, and my grades had gotten so low I was suspended from college, and I was fired from my job.

However, I am not scared, upset or fearful. Since my soon was born, (he's 16 months now) I feel God has cut me off from everything that was not good for me. I can sit here all day and tell you guys how I should not be where i am today, but God has done something great in my life. Though I am not in college right now, Ive been studying the word of God and have had the privilege and honor to build a relationship with Jesus. Though I don't have a job at the moment, God has kept my rent paid, kept food on the table, kept clothes on my back and has provided things for me that I should not have.

To sum this up, I want you guys to keep praying for. I do ask you pray that this storm I HAVE put myself in because of my own selfish ways and disobedience to God soon passes. But more than that, pray that my faith continues to increase. I feel I am very weak when it comes to trusting God. But please pray for my to have an increase of faith and a better understanding of God and his Word.

I will also be praying for you all as well, please don't hesitate to comment and leave your story or just leave a prayer request because when I am talking to God as much as I can throughout the day and I know as believers we all go thru things, but the beauty of being a believer in Jesus is that we always can make it thru those things.

I thank you all who read, and God Bless everyone

Almighty God, Lord, I ask you to keep guiding Carl in your path, thanks for letting him see how powerful you are, how you care about him every single day, making sure he has more than what he needs. That his faith may increase day by day. Keep him and his family always close to you, may your love always protect him from wrong ways, count him among your children and may your work, Lord, always continue to shine upon him. God, please help him raise his child on your path, that the legacy of his father and grandfathers may continue upon his legacy. Amen.

Almighty God, Lord, I ask you to keep guiding Carl in your path, thanks for letting him see how powerful you are, how you care about him every single day, making sure he has more than what he needs. That his faith may increase day by day. Keep him and his family always close to you, may your love always protect him from wrong ways, count him among your children and may your work, Lord, always continue to shine upon him. God, please help him raise his child on your path, that the legacy of his father and grandfathers may continue upon his legacy. Amen.
God Bless you .and thank you

Thank you Lord, for bringing Carl around to "Your way of thinking..." Not the outcome that he expected in life, but you Lord, are there to guide us through all life choices, good or bad, and give us the strength to persevere. God, I pray the You place Your hand, loving touch, and guiding eye all over this mans life, do a great work in his heart.

Staff Member
Greetings @ThankfulCarl

Committing you into the hands of the Lord
He loves you
And He wants only good for you

Keep thanking and praising Him for all your blessings

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD
Psalm 40:1-3