• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Possible with God

Staff Member
He replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God." Luke 18:27 CSB

Got any impossible situations in your life? Any depressing circumstances for which there is no human hope? At one time or another, we’ll all answer yes to such questions.

We who follow Jesus, however, always have hope. The baffling, bewildering, befuddling barriers to our own desires are totally within God’s power. “What is impossible with men,” to reiterate Jesus’ teaching, “is possible with God.”

Creating an entire universe from nothing was no problem to Him. Overseeing trillions of loving things doesn’t tax Him in the least. The Lord can certainly handle our impossible situations.

But read Jesus’ words one more time. Notice that what is “impossible with men” is not “guaranteed with God”…it’s simply “possible.” For His own wise reasons, the Lord sometimes says no to us, or perhaps “wait.” Whatever His response to the impossible situations that try our souls, we know well that God knows best.

In context, today’s scripture discusses the salvation of hard-to-reach people. If that’s your impossible situation, keep the faith. If it’s a health or financial or relational issue, keep praying and obeying. God may ultimately give you what you want, or He may redirect your hopes in a better direction. Whatever the case, never doubt that all things are possible with God.

Prayer: Lord, I know You can do all things. Please give me what I long for—or change those longings to align with Your will.

Someone shared this and it helped me tremendously with my attitude and outlook, so I'm passing it on

Instead of 'I have to '_'

I get to '_'

Instantly my face lit up.

God bless!