• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Politics or Spiritual Warfare?

Current events in USA about politics or spiritual warfare?

• Politics

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Spiritual Warfare

Votes: 60 73.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Administrator
Staff Member
With all the political tension going on in the USA, rioting, protesting, looting and crazy demands from the liberals such as "defund the police", do you think this is all about racism and politics or more about spiritual warfare between good and evil?

With all the political tension going on in the USA, rioting, protesting, looting and crazy demands from the liberals such as "defund the police", do you think this is all about racism and politics or more about spiritual warfare between good and evil?
I think the secular division is God's judgement more than anything, along with the plague. Spiritual warfare is in the trenches, the church, as it gives up historic truths for novelties that have crept in since the 1800s.

Active
I think the secular division is God's judgement more than anything, along with the plague. Spiritual warfare is in the trenches, the church, as it gives up historic truths for novelties that have crept in since the 1800s.
Matthew 24:10. In that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another. I believe that the changes in church beliefs today, are the start of the falling away. Ordination of women, Homosexual marriages, doctrine of wealth. etc.. All separation from God. 1 Corinthians 14:38, But if anyone ignores this, they will themselves be ignored.

Loyal
There's not an option to vote 'both'? I believe that everthing has a material and a spiritual dimension. We can't see the movement in the spiritual realms without special discernment or revelation, but we know that it is just as real and that Jesus is lord over all.

Active
There's not an option to vote 'both'? I believe that everthing has a material and a spiritual dimension. We can't see the movement in the spiritual realms without special discernment or revelation, but we know that it is just as real and that Jesus is lord over all.
When the church move against the will of God, as they are Hekuran, It can only be because of encouragement by the enemy of God, and that makes it spiritual! As for Jesus being Lord over all, Jesus is Lord over all those who lift him up as such. To those who don't, they serve another lord, the god of this world. When Jesus defeats the god of this world at the battle of armagedon He will then claim his rightful place as Lord over all. Until then, as Satan told Jesus "all this belongs to me it was given to me". The dominion of the earth was given to Adam by God. In switching his allegiance from God to Satan at the fall, everything of Adams came under the dominion of the one he gave his allegiance to, Satan, and God does not take his gifts back. That is why Jesus didn't question Satan's claim of dominion when being tempted. As for discernment, Christians are led by the Spirit of God and have discernment through him, if they don't have discernment they can't claim to be led by the Holy Spirit and can't claim to be Christian.

Last edited:
Loyal
Well i don't know what we can call it, It looks more like a "picturesque" view of the Book of Revelation chapters 5 and chapter 6 liken someone is about to come out of a shoot. "Like a race horse at the starting gate', "or a Bull at the launch gate with a cowboy on his back' or " the stirring of the horses at the beginning of a battle". and now days, I really do not think, anyone really knows anything about spiritual battles or warfare that is approaching us and has been attacking with so much technical skills of high mighty-ness, we no not know if we are coming or going.

Loyal
Why do you say refund the police is crazy? Redirecting funds towards social services, education, health seems to fall well short of lunacy

The ‘Defund The Police’ Movement Is Sweeping The Country—Here’s What It Really Means

Active
Why do you say refund the police is crazy? Redirecting funds towards social services, education, health seems to fall well short of lunacy

The ‘Defund The Police’ Movement Is Sweeping The Country—Here’s What It Really Means
Social services, education and health are for the enhancement of society, the police are for the protection of society, society have always funded them all and so they should. To take away the protection is madness, the evil in society would instantly take advantage of the opportunity that no police would offer, and we would all rue the day.

Loyal
Social services, education and health are for the enhancement of society, the police are for the protection of society, society have always funded them all and so they should. To take away the protection is madness, the evil in society would instantly take advantage of the opportunity that no police would offer, and we would all rue the day.
Defund the police is not saying to remove the police altogether, just to balance funding in favour of proactive measures rather than reactive crime-fighting approaches.

Loyal
Greetings

I do not feel it is police funding, I feel it is police attitudes!

I wish to just step aside here to show the bigger picture I am seeing, this is just my view.

The key to the latter days was turned and the door was opened on 14 May 1948, the latter days were conceived.

Now Jesus referred to these times as 'birth pangs' when we see happening what he said would happen.

Matthew 24:3-8 (NKJV)
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:11-14 (NKJV)

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Lawless will abound, this can include those who work in the law, we are also told there will be a hardening of hearts, this includes all people, it is evident in all walks of life now, and has been evident in the police since at least 1980's and long before with black people. The reason I am referring to the 1980's is because the way the police do there job has changed and become more aggressive.

Now I will take the UK as an example here, we will all no doubt have other examples, but up until 1980 in the UK, the police were considered to be like the TV program Dixon of Dock Green. Sorry guys, only those old enough will remember the program. A laid back type of policing to sum it up better I think. But in the 1980's Maggie Thatcher was in government, it was the time of miners on strike, the union voice was Arthur Scargill at that time, the government was determined to crush the miners and stop striking, the miners were determined to crush the government.

Suddenly the laid back policing became a battle, police were moved from all parts of the country, riot gear was used, I remember one copper saying, he got out because he saw so frightened, a laid back policing became worse than the from line in the army against an enemy. Change had occurred, but hardening of hearts, as prophesied had begun.

Since then things have changed, following the American pattern of dealing with policing, the uniforms have changed, the armoury has changed, the weapons to use and protect have changed and not for the better. Guns are now common place in the UK, as in USA and other countries, terrorism broke out and though in a lull whilst we have Covid-19, it is building again. ISIS have been regrouping in the mountains in Iraq, the under currents are strong.

I believe what we see with policing, is all part of the latter days of the end times, hardening of hearts at all level and all people of the world, increase in wickedness abounds.

The birth pangs are very strong, time is running out. We must keep our eyes in Jesus, in Him we can trust, is Word is Truth.

Shalom

Loyal
Defund the police is not saying to remove the police altogether, just to balance funding in favour of proactive measures rather than reactive crime-fighting approaches.

In many cases it is exactly what it means. No police dept at all. I have sat in on city council meetings. This isn't simply a reduction of headcount and equipment, it's a complete removal.
Maybe it's not this way in every city, but certainly the larger ones here in the Northwest US.

Active
Greetings

I do not feel it is police funding, I feel it is police attitudes!

I wish to just step aside here to show the bigger picture I am seeing, this is just my view.

The key to the latter days was turned and the door was opened on 14 May 1948, the latter days were conceived.

Now Jesus referred to these times as 'birth pangs' when we see happening what he said would happen.

Matthew 24:3-8 (NKJV)
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:11-14 (NKJV)

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Lawless will abound, this can include those who work in the law, we are also told there will be a hardening of hearts, this includes all people, it is evident in all walks of life now, and has been evident in the police since at least 1980's and long before with black people. The reason I am referring to the 1980's is because the way the police do there job has changed and become more aggressive.

Now I will take the UK as an example here, we will all no doubt have other examples, but up until 1980 in the UK, the police were considered to be like the TV program Dixon of Dock Green. Sorry guys, only those old enough will remember the program. A laid back type of policing to sum it up better I think. But in the 1980's Maggie Thatcher was in government, it was the time of miners on strike, the union voice was Arthur Scargill at that time, the government was determined to crush the miners and stop striking, the miners were determined to crush the government.

Suddenly the laid back policing became a battle, police were moved from all parts of the country, riot gear was used, I remember one copper saying, he got out because he saw so frightened, a laid back policing became worse than the from line in the army against an enemy. Change had occurred, but hardening of hearts, as prophesied had begun.

Since then things have changed, following the American pattern of dealing with policing, the uniforms have changed, the armoury has changed, the weapons to use and protect have changed and not for the better. Guns are now common place in the UK, as in USA and other countries, terrorism broke out and though in a lull whilst we have Covid-19, it is building again. ISIS have been regrouping in the mountains in Iraq, the under currents are strong.

I believe what we see with policing, is all part of the latter days of the end times, hardening of hearts at all level and all people of the world, increase in wickedness abounds.

The birth pangs are very strong, time is running out. We must keep our eyes in Jesus, in Him we can trust, is Word is Truth.

Shalom
Hi Paul, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your summary. I have, for the past fifty years, as a busker, been on the cusp of legality. Street music isn't illegal but there is the law of obstruction and other bye laws that can be used to move street entertainers along and the police are the authority that are authorised to do that. Many of my busking friends have told me stories of harsh treatment from the police, but in over fifty years, I have never met a bad policeman. It could be because my friends call the police pigs and filth while I call them sir. If you call a policeman a pig, he may take offence and act like one. Many young black lads have issues with the police and insult them, maybe if they were to treat the police as they would like to be treated things might change.

Loyal
Hi Paul, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your summary. I have, for the past fifty years, as a busker, been on the cusp of legality. Street music isn't illegal but there is the law of obstruction and other bye laws that can be used to move street entertainers along and the police are the authority that are authorised to do that. Many of my busking friends have told me stories of harsh treatment from the police, but in over fifty years, I have never met a bad policeman. It could be because my friends call the police pigs and filth while I call them sir. If you call a policeman a pig, he may take offence and act like one. Many young black lads have issues with the police and insult them, maybe if they were to treat the police as they would like to be treated things might change.

Hi Trevor,

I think you have been lucky brother, but I do take your point. As for myself, I once took a girl into the Trough of Bowland on my untaxed, uninsured Lambretta scooter, probably around 1964, I got caught, I was booked, the copper was polite, he allowed me to turn round and ride back the twenty mile or so home. I had a motor bike and was part of a group, around 40-50 of us grouped up, the coppers were abrupt, but some of the guys asked for it. But things changed from the 1980's, I know many who would agree they come over high and mighty even with not a word from the person they speak to. It does seem the bigger the group the more forceful they feel they have to be, demonstrations are getting more common, gangs are getting into the groups, so they beef up.

The point I was really trying to make is clear to see on the TV pictures, it is no longer the bobby on the beat, uniform officer, it is a 'dressed for action' at any time, geared up with an arsenal of tools to deal with hat ever they are confronted with. Not surprizing maybe when you look at the way the world has changed and hearts have hardened, increase in wickedness of all kinds.

Shalom

Loyal
As for cops attitudes, they are human beings just like the rest of us, in the fallen world we live in. In the little town I live in, sometimes the police do things they shouldnt, like ticket ppl to get a quota versus work toward the common good or do things that give certain people a break when they dont others. But their job is to keep chaos from reigning which is a noble thing, its just not all are called to do it. Some become law enforcement because they want to drive fast, have authority over others (enforced by a gun and liking it a bit too much), and look the other way for those they like. Others become law enforcement, because they want to be a protector with authority to help others without getting in trouble for taking the law into their own hands, and to keep chaos at bay. Currently the people behind the movements in a lot of the world, are trying to change the way law enforcement works, which could be good or bad depending on their methods. Many protestors are worse than any cops have been, and use the chaos to loot, and let out violent tendencies they dont like to keep bottled up. Most of the media and liberally controlled cities are more than willing to let chaos reign as long as it doesnt affect them personally, and then suddenly switch their tune if it does. It smacks of the same thing they accuse the cops of, picking and chosing who gets true justice and who doesnt. So far, the protestors are causing more trouble than the police have done. Defunding the police isnt the answer, sending only social workers out is a recipe for disaster, unless you arm them, and train them in the use of arms. And social workers are sometimes much more corrupt than the cops are. The best thing to do, is to investigate and punish the cops who do wrong. Yet its mainly in the cities that are liberally controlled who have the most corruption, and not weeding out the bad ones, often because they are just as corrupt and want some corrupt cops to do their bidding instead of whats always best for all.

Active
As for cops attitudes, they are human beings just like the rest of us, in the fallen world we live in. In the little town I live in, sometimes the police do things they shouldnt, like ticket ppl to get a quota versus work toward the common good or do things that give certain people a break when they dont others. But their job is to keep chaos from reigning which is a noble thing, its just not all are called to do it. Some become law enforcement because they want to drive fast, have authority over others (enforced by a gun and liking it a bit too much), and look the other way for those they like. Others become law enforcement, because they want to be a protector with authority to help others without getting in trouble for taking the law into their own hands, and to keep chaos at bay. Currently the people behind the movements in a lot of the world, are trying to change the way law enforcement works, which could be good or bad depending on their methods. Many protestors are worse than any cops have been, and use the chaos to loot, and let out violent tendencies they dont like to keep bottled up. Most of the media and liberally controlled cities are more than willing to let chaos reign as long as it doesnt affect them personally, and then suddenly switch their tune if it does. It smacks of the same thing they accuse the cops of, picking and chosing who gets true justice and who doesnt. So far, the protestors are causing more trouble than the police have done. Defunding the police isnt the answer, sending only social workers out is a recipe for disaster, unless you arm them, and train them in the use of arms. And social workers are sometimes much more corrupt than the cops are. The best thing to do, is to investigate and punish the cops who do wrong. Yet its mainly in the cities that are liberally controlled who have the most corruption, and not weeding out the bad ones, often because they are just as corrupt and want some corrupt cops to do their bidding instead of whats always best for all.
I think things might be a bit different in the UK Brad, British police are not armed, accept for the armed response teams. so they are more socialy integrated. It is changing though, as the government cut the police budgets, and whereas they used to walk the beat, they now drive around in cars and are seen on the streets only occasionaly, but as I say, I have yet to meet a bad one. I do believe however, that in a riot situation they can turn up the heat. As you say they are human beings, and strong young men, trained to handle trouble.

Loyal
I dont think thats true. None of the protesters have killed a man in cold blood by kneeling on his neck.
Now you are just being foolish or uniformed. People are being killed, rapped, brutalized, and just because the news you watch wont show it, doesnt make it untrue.

Loyal

And several black police officers have been killed, black business's have been trashed. Its not about social justice. When black ppl support conservatives, they are called uncle tom's. The most deaths of black people happen in chicago regularly, but its black on black violence, so it doesnt fit the narrative. More white people are killed by police than black people. That same kneeling on ppl by police happened to a white person who was killed by it, less than a year ago, no mention of it by most media. The kneeling of ppl on perps happen a lot and it doesnt always end in death, only once in awhile, sort of like tasers and gunshots. If black lives really mattered, they would be all over chicago trying to stop all the deaths there, but again it doesnt fit the narrative.

And all this doesnt include the millions of black babies that have been aborted, "killed", which is encouraged by liberals for their wonderful choice. The founder of planned parenthood hated blacks, and encouraged the clinics to bring in the black ladies to help out with her desire for there to be less of them.

Loyal
And dont you dare say, not to bring in abortion to this topic, its all related if you had the connection with the Holy Spirit that you should.

Loyal
I dont think thats true. None of the protesters have killed a man in cold blood by kneeling on his neck.

Perhaps.. but many have died. Does the method of death change the fact they are dead? Here are a few.
The policeman was terminated from his job, his wife left him, he is in a maximum security prison waiting sentencing in a high profile case.
What he did was wrong.. no argument there. But do two wrongs make a right? How many more have to die?