• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Politics, Intrigue, Q-Allegations, and the Christian's Response

Active
Should Christians (born again believers) be involved in the political process, and if so to what extent.

I was once a political junkie, involved in local and state politics. As a political science undergrad and graduate, and son of labor union office holders, I thought the political process an interesting things to closely watch. Some have described it as watching sausage being made, and if your interest was de minimus I would agree. I saw it for more than what most people saw: the intrigue, the deal making, the political muscle being used left and right, activists lobbying as well as average Joe citizen, campaigning, the end products, etc.

I came away from politics after some years with a jaded view of politcs in general, but in people in particular, including myself, until one day I decided to have little to nothing ever again to do with it.

After I was born again, I felt all the more that politics was an evil business, no matter what political persuasion, and began to wonder if I was right to think so. That is until my pastor began to pull me aside or call me on my cell to talk about this thing called Q. I'd never heard of Q until that point. He told me he started following it on the recommendations of others close to him, and he was convinced it was all true. He said he followed Q every day and followed all the Q-Drops (those are clues left online for followers to dig into). I listened to all that he had to say, then I decided to check it out.

After my due dilligence, I told my pastor that I believed Q was a fraud and he was being deceived. I also told him the deception was drawing Christians in by the thousands because of the Q's frequent citation of scriptural passages and the use of Christian music in its postings. He did not like that I disagreed with him on Q, so he ceased communication with me. Now, he only says hello when we see each other, but that is all.

Anyway, I was curious what others thought about the entire Q-anon thing and whether Christians should be involved in the worldly political process, either local, state, and national, at all or, if so, to what extent.

Last edited:
Loyal
Dont know enough about Q to warrent a good or bad impression. But the only reason to hide yourself is because you are doing something that could get you in a lot of trouble. I would guess its someone either high up in the military or NSA or something like that. They can be right or wrong, I dont really care that much either way. It is good that secrets that are incriminating politicians come out, but without the will to act upon it by the justice dept, its futile. And its not like the media will search the truth of the matter. They are just propaganda for the most part pretending to be honest.

But... that being said, we the people are 'expected' to be involved as a voice of the people, and people that avoid that responsibility will let the corruptness get bigger and bigger, pretending its none of their business. Govt does a WHOLE lot more than what was intended, it literally controls what is considered good and bad through laws and enforcement of such laws. So keeping silent on bad moral issues means you not only are complicit in the implementation of bad morality laws, but you have no reason to complain. Now arguing excessively about politics and picking a party and seeing only good in that and not the bad, means you are deceived and causes more division. But not speaking at all on issues when morality is involved is like cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO.

Active
I came away from politics after some years with a jaded view of politcs in general, but in people in particular, including myself, until one day I decided to have little to nothing ever again to do with it.
There are worldly Christians and they are very much a part of politics and civil society.
Then there are spiritual Christians who have been called out of the world and are offended and dismayed by what they see and hear, but respond by preaching the gospel so that other people can also be saved from the world.

2Timothy 2: 1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, 2 and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier on service gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to satisfy the one who enlisted him.
5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
6 It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. 7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will grant you understanding in everything.
KJV 4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

There are so many numerous evils in this world, where do you start? With self, and then one person at a time > the church > the elect > the called out ones

Active
Dont know enough about Q to warrent a good or bad impression. But the only reason to hide yourself is because you are doing something that could get you in a lot of trouble. I would guess its someone either high up in the military or NSA or something like that. They can be right or wrong, I dont really care that much either way. It is good that secrets that are incriminating politicians come out, but without the will to act upon it by the justice dept, its futile. And its not like the media will search the truth of the matter. They are just propaganda for the most part pretending to be honest.

But... that being said, we the people are 'expected' to be involved as a voice of the people, and people that avoid that responsibility will let the corruptness get bigger and bigger, pretending its none of their business. Govt does a WHOLE lot more than what was intended, it literally controls what is considered good and bad through laws and enforcement of such laws. So keeping silent on bad moral issues means you not only are complicit in the implementation of bad morality laws, but you have no reason to complain. Now arguing excessively about politics and picking a party and seeing only good in that and not the bad, means you are deceived and causes more division. But not speaking at all on issues when morality is involved is like cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO.
Is voting for candidates that are nearest a Christian worldview enough, or should Christians be more active? If so, to what extent?

Active
You ain't gonna save the world. The fate of this world has already been written. You can read the book.
Only the souls of men and women shall be redeemed from this world, nothing else. No not even the Mona Lisa.

Active
You ain't gonna save the world. The fate of this world has already been written. You can read the book.
Only the souls of men and women shall be redeemed from this world, nothing else. No not even the Mona Lisa.
AMEN. God knows the beginning to the end. Should we not be involved in the political process at all? Is our Christian worldview a political irrelevance?

Active
AMEN. God knows the beginning to the end. Should we not be involved in the political process at all? Is our Christian worldview a political irrelevance?
I can only give a personal viewpoint - it is a vexed question because we have knowledge of what is to come, that fate of this world and of her peoples.
And I care deeply about the abortion issue.
So I do little things that do not get me too entangled in the world of politics and power.
I vote for what I deem to be the lesser of the available evils. But in the end they are all made of the same stuff.
And I support some ethical charities, like our pro-life abortion counselling charity, "Genesis Pregnancy Support" with money and resources.
Mostly one-on-one assistance with individuals. It is on the personal level that we can make a difference and share our testimonies to the gospel of salvation.
We cannot compete with the satanic industrial complex, but then God knows who needs to hear the gospel and often connects us with such a person (without us knowing at the time).
It is a fearful and terrifying truth that the road to perdition is broad and wide, but the road to salvation is narrow and difficult.
Makes me wonder at times what is the point of it all?

Active
I can only give a personal viewpoint - it is a vexed question because we have knowledge of what is to come, that fate of this world and of her peoples.
And I care deeply about the abortion issue.
So I do little things that do not get me too entangled in the world of politics and power.
I vote for what I deem to be the lesser of the available evils. But in the end they are all made of the same stuff.
And I support some ethical charities, like our pro-life abortion counselling charity, "Genesis Pregnancy Support" with money and resources.
Mostly one-on-one assistance with individuals. It is on the personal level that we can make a difference and share our testimonies to the gospel of salvation.
We cannot compete with the satanic industrial complex, but then God knows who needs to hear the gospel and often connects us with such a person (without us knowing at the time).
It is a fearful and terrifying truth that the road to perdition is broad and wide, but the road to salvation is narrow and difficult.
Makes me wonder at times what is the point of it all?
Amen brother. There is a point to it all: it's part of God's plan. Your time, your energy, reaching people that are lost in sin or befuddled by their circumstance in life, can and perhaps does work to save lives, either that life of the yet born or that life of the one you counsel. God is pleased when people are saved. And as we know, their is rejoicing in heaven when one lost soul comes to repentance and faith.

It's a complex matter, politics is. We see the good and the evil, often from the same pol in the same speech he or she gives. May we always be guided by our Holy and Magnificent God. Amen.

Active
It's a complex matter, politics is. We see the good and the evil, often from the same pol in the same speech he or she gives. May we always be guided by our Holy and Magnificent God. Amen.
Luke 4:5 And he [the devil] led him up, and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in a moment of time.
4:6 And the devil said to him, To thee will I give the whole of this authority, and the glory of them, because it hath been delivered to me; and to whomsoever I will, I give it.
4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship before me, it shall all be thine. - who or what are people worshipping?

Active
And then there are these guys = the religion of the ruling elites in the West

the-freemasons.jpg
and
cheshire-freemasons.jpg
we know who they worship

Loyal
Is voting for candidates that are nearest a Christian worldview enough, or should Christians be more active? If so, to what extent?
Politicians will say "anything" to get elected, so what they say doesnt mean much. You have to see what their past lives say about who they are, but looking (to be fair) for any conversion to be a better person. Older sinful ways are less important than more recent ones. Then last of all, ask the Holy Spirit for help. The Holy Spirit helps me daily with all kinds of things. For the 2016, I asked God for help, and He told me it didnt really matter, so I picked Carson, he wasnt a career politician, but was medical doctor, seemed pretty level headed, good morals. They only thing I wasnt sure about him was did he had the steel in him to deal with all the swamp and corruption or would he be another Jimmy Carter (a nice guy, but didnt accomplish much), because he wasnt strong enough of character? If I see something unfair from my point of view, I will send a letter or call my representitive or senator. And last of all, I speak up about the truth as I see it, often with the help of the Holy Spirit (but not always). But once I speak my peace, I wont argue continually, thats fruitless.

Active
I thought Q had made some claims about himself such as he is a government official with access to classified government information.
Except there was absolutely no proof of this claim. None given whatsover. His followers just took it on faith that HE was a high ranking gman with the highest level security clearance.

Loyal
I thought Q had made some claims about himself such as he is a government official with access to classified government information.
I dont know if he/she did or not, but it could be just as well assumed, people love to speculate.

Anyway, I was curious what others thought about the entire Q-anon thing

My older sister is into Qanon and other conspiracy theorists. I think they have deceived and misled a lot of people. With that said, I understand how conspiracy theories get started. For one, the U.S. Government is totally corrupt and dishonest. They fabricated wild stories about President Trump conspiring with Vladimir Putin. Those salacious LIES were spread by major media outlets. Those outlets have spread FAR more wild and untrue conspiracy theories and make Qanon look like the amateurs that they are.

Very well said. You get it!

Active
My older sister is into Qanon and other conspiracy theorists.
I would recommend the HBO special on this topic.

It's not as well structured as it could be, but it presents an interesting and comprehensive picture.

Rhema