• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Loyal
Itching Ears
2 Timothy 4:1-4 ESV

I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

This time has now come, if it never came before. We live in a time, at least here in America, when many of those who profess Christianity as their faith have accumulated for themselves teachers who say what they want to hear, that which suits their own passions (lusts). These teachers give them pleasing, feel good messages to make them laugh, and to make them feel comfortable, and at home, so that they will like the pastor and the church gatherings, so that they will want to come back to their meetings.

It is all about marketing. It is all about growing their churches, i.e. their businesses, the way of humans, not the way of God. So, the leaders of these churches with the feel good messages are following man’s methods for how to grow the church rather than following the ways of God, and allowing him to grow his church. And, these churches have pretty much all become clones of one another, all following the same marketing methodology for how to build their earthly kingdoms, and across multiple church denominations, too.

The customer base is the world. So, they gear the gatherings and the messages and the music around what the world is clamoring, only they may give a cleaner version of it than what the world gives. It is still of the flesh, though, and sensuality will shine through, no matter how much they try to make it look clean and pure. It is all about pleasing the customers, the ungodly, and drawing in large crowds of people. And, it is about discouraging the godly, too, for they don’t want anyone to be offended by the truth, lest they not want to come back.

Thus, they also dilute the gospel message to make it more acceptable and appealing to the flesh of humans. They have reduced the message of the gospel to nothing more than a mere acknowledgment of Jesus and acceptance of his forgiveness of our sins, and then they guarantee their responders that they now have heaven secured, no matter how they live their lives from this point on. But, what they are selling them is fire insurance, not salvation from sin, and it is a lie.

So, the church may brag of many salvations, i.e. of many people coming to faith in Jesus Christ, but oftentimes their faith is human faith, which is based on a lie, and so it is not saving faith at all, and these people are being given a false hope. For the faith they have is in a false promise which says that nothing has to change in their lives. They can go on living basically the same way they did before, and that change is optional, for, they say, God requires no repentance, no submission and no obedience to him or to his Word.

Readily Enough
2 Corinthians 11:1-4 ESV

I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

These preachers with the feel good messages are not only teaching another gospel, other than the one Jesus and his NT apostles taught, but they are teaching another Jesus. It isn’t that they are talking about a different person, they aren’t. They are just painting a different picture of who he is and was. They are creating a Jesus in their own minds and hearts which fits with their worldly viewpoints and with their lustful desires. The Jesus they present requires nothing of us at all other than to “believe” in him, only that belief has been reduced to a mere acknowledgment of him.

This was Paul speaking here. He was jealous for the church with a divine jealousy because the gospel he taught them led them to holiness, purity and to walking in Christ’s righteousness and holiness. It did not coddle their flesh. So, whether the gospel they were accepting was that of adding externals on to God’s grace or whether it was that of removing God’s requirements for salvation, still what they were receiving was of human flesh, created by man, and was not of God, and they were not to accept it.

The other Jesus and the other gospel which is permeating much of the church here in America, though, is not of legalism, but of libertinism. What they are teaching gives their adherents the sense that they can keep on in their sinful addictions and still have eternal life with God. They are teaching a false grace which gives free license to continue in sinful practices without guilt and without remorse, while teaching that God is pleased with us no matter what we do. So, Jesus is being painted as weak, tolerant, lenient and accepting of willful defiance against him, all in the name of “faith.”

Not Peace, A Sword
Matthew 10:34-39 ESV

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”

But, Jesus Christ is not weak. He is not tolerant (accepting) of sinful practices or false confessions of faith in him based on a lie, either. He did not die on that cross just so we could be delivered from hell and have the promise of heaven when we die, while we still practice sinning against him, with no desire to change. He died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; that we might no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave his life up for us. He who knew no sin became sin for us on that cross that we might become the righteousness of God.

Jesus did not come to the earth to bring peace to the world in the sense in which the world teaches peace. He did not come to bring all of the people of the world together as one, regardless of religion or religious practice or walk of life. He did not come to win the world to the world of big business, called “church,” via marketing methods or stage productions or comedy routines or diluted gospels or feel good messages, either. If he was to walk into most of today’s churches, he would probably get the boot, too, and be told to “go someplace else where you are a better fit,” because he is too radical.

Jesus Christ didn’t try to blend in with the world. He didn’t make nice with the world so that they would like him, either. And, he didn’t immerse himself in his culture and society so that the people would think he was one of them, and so they would listen to him and accept him. He stood out. He was different. He was holy and pure and righteous. And, he told people the truth about their sins, about judgment and about the punishment for sin. Yet, he also called them to repentance and to faith in himself.

If we love this world, or our lives of sin, or acceptance of others more than or in place of loving God/Jesus, then we are not worthy of him, to be called one of his disciples. Jesus asks that we leave it all for him, i.e. that we put him first, and that we follow him in obedience and in surrender to his will, and that we forsake our former lives of sin and any hindrances to our faith. He wants us totally abandoned to him, free from slavery (addiction) to sin, walking according to his Spirit, and living to his righteousness, for this is why he died. He died to change us, not just to forgive us.

The sword Jesus brought into the world was not a weapon of warfare in the physical realm, but it was a spiritual weapon to be used in spiritual warfare against our enemy Satan, and that is the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. It is the truth of God’s word which turns family members, one against another, because some believe the truth, and some don’t, and those who don’t will often persecute those who do. And, this persecution doesn’t just take place out in the world, but within the church, too.

But, it isn’t just that it is the truth, and that people oppose the truth, but it is that they don’t like what the truth teaches, because Jesus requires death to sin and living to righteousness. He requires we listen to him and that we follow him; that we leave our old lives of sin behind us, and that we follow him in death to sin. He said that if we hold on to our old lives, we will lose them for eternity, but if we lose our (old) lives, for his sake, that we will have eternal life with him (See: Lu. 9:23-25; cf. Rom. 8:1-17). So, we need to believe this, and we need to take it to heart, and follow the true Jesus.

Only in Him
An Original Work / February 19, 2014

Based off Isaiah 30

Woe to those who look to man’s help;
Who turn away from Jesus Christ;
Forming an alliance not in step with God;
Making their own plans, and praying not.

Willing not to listen to truth,
They close their ears to what is right.
Pleasing words are all that they’ll hear;
Feel good messages that bring cheer.

Trust in your Lord; turn from your sin.
Put your faith now ONLY IN HIM.
Do not turn to idols. They’ll not satisfy.
Jesus will save you. That’s why He died.

Your Lord will be gracious to you.
He cares all about you, ‘tis true.
He forgives you all of your sin
When you give your life up to Him.

Oh, how truly gracious He’ll be
When you bow to Him on your knees;
Turning now from your sin; walking in his ways.
He’ll lead and guide you all of your days.

Now you will sing praises to Him.
He delivered you from your sin.
You’ll tell others now of His grace,
So they may see Christ face-to-face.

Saturday, April 14, 2018, 8:20 p.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for this teaching from Your Word. Bring it home to our hearts, I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Loyal
Sue I agree with what you say, so let me ask you a few questions

1. Would publicly list any of these many false teachers? if not why? if so go ahead. if you would like to PM me that would be great also

Do you think these false teachers actually realize they are false or do you think they are just blind??

Loyal

1. Would publicly list any of these many false teachers? if not why? if so go ahead. if you would like to PM me that would be great also

Do you think these false teachers actually realize they are false or do you think they are just blind??

I believe some people innocently teach what is false because it was what they were taught. I don't know people's hearts, though, so I can't say how many know and how many don't. I know there are a lot who do know and who willfully deceive. From my experience, I have seen many who not only know they are doing wrong, but when confronted will choose the lie over the truth of God's word.

Loyal

Dave, I have named some names before, when I had specific things I could show clearly they were teaching or doing wrong, usually. And, usually as the Lord led me to do so, too. I could easily list off a bunch of names, but I would not want to do that off the top of my head and without praying about it first. And, I would want to have something I could show that they were doing or teaching wrong, too, and that would take some time, because I don't have a ready file to draw from. But, I believe each one of us is responsible to study the Word of God and to get to know the truth, and the Holy Spirit will then prick our consciences when something isn't right. But, we have to study the Word, and we need to be in the habit of examining what people teach against the Word of God, especially if we feel a nudge, then we should do the homework.

I will pray about this and see where the Lord takes me.

Loyal

Think Twice
Be careful

Who are you to judge another man's servant? Who is able to make them stand or fall? Believers? Think bro

Loyal
I would not put to much effort in my question I was just curios. I used to be big in naming names but it seems to do no good, like you said it is our own personal responsibility, naming names seems to do more harm then any good from what I have I seen

Loyal
I would not put to much effort in my question I was just curios. I used to be big in naming names but it seems to do no good, like you said it is our own personal responsibility, naming names seems to do more harm then any good from what I have I seen
Bring judgment unto yourself

Loyal
Think Twice
Be careful

Who are you to judge another man's servant? Who is able to make them stand or fall? Believers? Think bro

The context of your quote has to do with judging disputable matters, not matters of false teachers teaching false gospels and false Jesus'.

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

The Bible is real clear that we are to judge sin in the church, that we are to expose the fruitless deeds of darkness, and that we are to warn our brothers and sisters against false teaching and against false teachers. Jesus and the apostles named names, because they wanted to warn the people not to follow those people. Jesus called out the Pharisees and the teachers of the law on quite a few occasions, and it was for the purpose to warn his disciples against following their false teaching. And, he publicly exposed their wickedness and their lies. When we shy away from exposing the lies and the liars, then many people are deceived. Yes, we should be careful in how we approach this subject, in that we should bathe it in prayer, asking the Lord to show us when to expose these liars and deceivers, and who to expose, to name, and what of their deeds should also be exposed, too. The reason the church of today is in the mess that it is in is because they have silenced people from speaking out and thus sin abounds in the church and is covered up by lies and false gospels which give them the freedom to keep on in their wickedness.

Loyal
Bring judgment unto yourself

For exposing false teachers and false teaching? No! See my previous response. Jesus and the NT apostles did this regularly, by name, and by naming specific wicked deeds and false messages which were leading God's people astray.

Loyal
It is Real clear that the church leaders are to Judge sin in the church.
They have that responsibility before God.

Paul told Timothy correct, well Timothy was pastoring that church.

No place are believers told to do so.
We are to Judge what we allow into our lives.

The Bible is real clear that we are to judge sin in the church, that we are to expose the fruitless deeds of darkness, and that we are to warn our brothers and sisters against false teaching and against false teachers. Jesus and the apostles named names, because they wanted to warn the people not to follow those people. Jesus called out the Pharisees and the teachers of the law on quite a few occasions, and it was for the purpose to warn his disciples against following their false teaching.

Those who were called out by Jesus were operating under the mosaic law which He destroyed.

False teachers were teaching other then Jesus Christ. The Gospel of Christ was new and they dealt with some who did not understand Christ.

Far cry from what is being said as to false teachers today.

No place are we told to do so.
Blessings to you

Loyal
It is Real clear that the church leaders are to Judge sin in the church.
They have that responsibility before God.

Paul told Timothy correct, well Timothy was pastoring that church.

No place are believers told to do so.
We are to Judge what we allow into our lives.

Those who were called out by Jesus were operating under the mosaic law which He destroyed.

False teachers were teaching other then Jesus Christ. The Gospel of Christ was new and they dealt with some who did not understand Christ.

Far cry from what is being said as to false teachers today.

No place are we told to do so.
Blessings to you
Not true. Read these words addressed to the believers: Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5 - New International Version

Loyal
Not true. Read these words addressed to the believers: Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5 - New International Version

Hi Sue,
Hope all is well. I was talking to my mom the other night and she was telling me you guys have had some nice warm days over there in the big A area. Lol just went through 20 degree wind chill and 50 mph wind and rain and sleet. 12 inches of new snow just north of here. Man I miss the big O.

Ok so I would say you are talking about 5:11 NIV

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

However we both know one can not simply find a version that words it the way we want to use it or just pull out a line and build a doctrine around it

Let's look at v13 & 14 in your Nov.

But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them,

for the light makes everything visible.
This is why it is said, "Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

Let's look at Romans 16:18
Again your choice of version

And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

Romans 14:4 your choice of version

Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval.

The web is full of false claims against pastors. Many that are wrongly accused don't crumble but the Father makes stronger.

You do what you wish nut for me and my house we shall serve the Lord and judge ourselves and what we eat and pray and let the Father take care of His Own.

I am done with this. :) Not going to waste OUR time not picking over this.
Have a very joyfully blessed week

God Bless

Loyal
Hi Sue,
Hope all is well. I was talking to my mom the other night and she was telling me you guys have had some nice warm days over there in the big A area. Lol just went through 20 degree wind chill and 50 mph wind and rain and sleet. 12 inches of new snow just north of here. Man I miss the big O.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

However we both know one can not simply find a version that words it the way we want to use it or just pull out a line and build a doctrine around it

Let's look at v13 & 14 in your Nov.

But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them,

for the light makes everything visible.
This is why it is said, "Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

Let's look at Romans 16:18
Again your choice of version

And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

Romans 14:4 your choice of version

Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval.

The web is full of false claims against pastors. Many that are wrongly accused don't crumble but the Father makes stronger.

You do what you wish nut for me and my house we shall serve the Lord and judge ourselves and what we eat and pray and let the Father take care of His Own.

I am done with this. :) Not going to waste OUR time not picking over this.
Have a very joyfully blessed week

God Bless

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. 14 For this reason it says,

“Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:6-14 NASB

We are not to be deceived by those who speak empty words, by those who teach false messages which are contrary to the teachings of God's Word.

We are not to be partakers with the disobedient, with those who glorify in the flesh, and who teach that God does not require repentance or obedience.

We were formerly darkness, but now we are the Light in the Lord, so we are to walk as children of Light, trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.

We are not to participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, which includes all the evils listed in this passage and many more, including all the lies and deceptions that these false teachers are spewing forth on a daily basis.

Rather, we are to expose them, because we are in the Light, and the Light is in us, and we ARE the Light in the Lord, so we are to walk as children of Light, which means we expose these fruitless deeds of darkness via the Light. It is our responsibility, as Christ's representatives, to expose the lies and to tell the truth. We, as the body of Christ, are to speak the truth to one another to help one another to maturity in Christ (See Ephesians 4). If we love our brothers and sisters in Christ, and we see them caught in lies, following lies, we should tell them the truth so that they can be rescued from the deceptions and follow after the Light. This is what Jesus did, and we are to follow his example.

All things become visible when they are exposed to the light, and we are the Light in the Lord, and we are to let our light shine before all people, and we are to proclaim the excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light, and we are to call others out of darkness into his wonderful light, too, by showing them what is darkness and what is light, and by leading them out of the darkness into the light.

We, as the body of Christ, are to encourage one another daily so that we are not hardened by sin's deceitfulness. This word "encourage" means to urge, to spur on, to incite, help, nurture, persuade, push, promote, inspire, hearten, reassure, exhort, admonish, summon, entreat, etc. (See Heb. 3:13). We are to speak the truth in love, teach what is true, expose what is false, so that our brother's and sister's in Christ are not led astray, so they are not hardened by sin's deceitfulness. This is our responsiblity as part of the body of Christ to look out for one another and to help one another to walk in the Light and no longer in the darkness. This is love! And, we are to love one another as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us so that we might be delivered from the darkness and brought into the light.

Loyal
Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall.

Again, this is about disputable differences between believers in Christ, some who eat meat, and some who don't. This is not about exposing lies and teaching what is truth. We are to expose the lies and teach the truth so that our brothers and sisters in Christ are not led astray and so they are not hardened by sin's deceitfulness, but so that they walk in the Light (See above post).

Loyal
The web is full of false claims against pastors.

I am certain that the WEB contains both false and true claims against pastors and against those who falsely call themselves pastors but who are truly wolves in sheep's clothing who have infiltrated the church in order to kill, steal and destroy.

Loyal

The Lord had me teach on Ephesians 5:1-21 today, so this is teaching on 5:11 in context: Speak to One Another

Loyal
Again, this is about disputable differences between believers in Christ, some who eat meat, and some who don't. This is not about exposing lies and teaching what is truth. We are to expose the lies and teach the truth so that our brothers and sisters in Christ are not led astray and so they are not hardened by sin's deceitfulness, but so that they walk in the Light (See above post).

So if we follow this thinking God would have had to every single thing not to judge and write to every single thing addressed in His Word.

It amazes me how people will always claim scriptures are for something else or some one else when they interfere with what they want to do or say or believe.

Again I am not going to go back and forth on this.
Blessings to you

Loyal
So if we follow this thinking God would have had to every single thing not to judge and write to every single thing addressed in His Word.

It amazes me how people will always claim scriptures are for something else or some one else when they interfere with what they want to do or say or believe.

Again I am not going to go back and forth on this.
Blessings to you

Jim, let's be fair here. You took a scripture out of context and you applied it to an entirely different context where it did not apply. Your passage of scripture was clearly in reference to disputable matters, not matters of false teaching and false teachers and the instructions we have received in God's Word which say that we are to expose these fruitless deeds of darkness. Yet, when I replied to your scripture, indicating that you were not using it in the right context, you said: "It amazes me how people will always claim scriptures are for something else or some one else when they interfere with what they want to do or say or believe."

That is not a fair or a kind statement. I am trying to share the Word of Truth accurately, as I should, for the benefit of those who would receive it, for the glory and praise of God, so that we who know the Lord walk in the truth and not in lies. Not all judgment is wrong. Jesus and the NT apostles judged people, sins, situations, actions, etc. all the time. They judged truth from lies, false teaching from true teaching, false gospels from true ones, and false teachers from true ones. And, the passage I quoted was definitely teaching that we, the body of Christ, need to expose these fruitless deeds of darkness, because we are the Light in Christ, and the Light lives within us, and we are to shine that Light to the world, the Light which is truth, and a truth which dispels the darkness. And, we do this so that our brothers and sisters in Christ will not be deceived, so they will not walk in the darkness, but so they will walk in the light. This is what the gospel message is all about.

Nonetheless, when I quoted a scripture, and I used it properly within the context it was written, you appeared to imply that I found "a version that words it the way we want to use it or just pull out a line and build a doctrine around it." If you read the context, you will see that I used it properly.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me. We are not going to always disagree. But, I do mind if you are implying motivations on my part which are not mine, and which are not true. My heart is right before the Lord. My motivation is pure. God knows this. To the best of my understanding I am teaching what is in accord with sound doctrine, and which reflects the heart of God. He is deeply concerned over all the false teachings, the false gospels, all the lies and deceptions, and over the many people within the churches who are being duped by these clever enchanters in their deceitful scheming. And, he has assigned us with the responsibility to tell the truth and to expose the lies, so that our brothers and sisters in Christ will not be caught in a web of deception, and fall away from their pure devotion to Christ. And, that is my concern, too. I don't want anyone to follow a lie and then one day hear, "Depart from me, I never knew you!"

Staff Member
Greetings @Sue J Love

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 13:34

As Christians the light and love of Jesus shining from our hearts is a powerful blessing and exposer to those walking in darkness.

Sermon after sermon on evil, politics and righteous living will not lead a soul to Christ, nor change a wayward erring church......only the saving precious light and love of Christ will.

Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light.
Ephesians 5:11-13

O to live and love like Jesus.....that even one might be saved
His love, His light, His righteous......nothing of self