• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pleasing others

Jun

Is trying to please others wrong?
Doesnt it say in the Bible that we should offer our bodies as a living sacrifice?
We should love others as we love ourselves right?
So whats wrong with pleasing others?
I was listening to Joyce Meyer and her book "Approvel Addiction" and thats where this question rises up from
Any comments would be great!
Thank you

In my humble opinion i'd say please others as long as it don't come between you and God and as long as you don't put yourself in harms way (physically or spiritually).

God bless you

Phumba said:
In my humble opinion i'd say please others as long as it don't come between you and God and as long as you don't put yourself in harms way (physically or spiritually).

God bless you

I agree!
The important thing first of all is to please God. :thumbs_up
In order to do so sometimes we will have to disappoint others.
It is better to please God than tho please men. :love:

Jun said:
Is trying to please others wrong?
Doesnt it say in the Bible that we should offer our bodies as a living sacrifice?
We should love others as we love ourselves right?
So whats wrong with pleasing others?
I was listening to Joyce Meyer and her book "Approvel Addiction" and thats where this question rises up from
Any comments would be great!
Thank you

Hello Jun. I have heard Joyce Meyer. She is an inspiring teacher.

I am not sure what you meant by using the scripture "offer our bodies as a living sacrifice." It is from Romans 12:1,

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is you reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:1-2)

In a way the scripture is saying to please God first, so that you show his character. In Christ, we love our neighbor because we love God first, the first commandment. The love Jesus places in us helps to please others for His sake, instead of pleasing others so they will like us or so that we have human approval. That is what Joyce Meyer talks about - to not be a type of person who tries to get people to fill a void in them that only God can fill.

Jun

To Christ said:
Hello Jun. I have heard Joyce Meyer. She is an inspiring teacher.

I am not sure what you meant by using the scripture "offer our bodies as a living sacrifice." It is from Romans 12:1,

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is you reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:1-2)

In a way the scripture is saying to please God first, so that you show his character. In Christ, we love our neighbor because we love God first, the first commandment. The love Jesus places in us helps to please others for His sake, instead of pleasing others so they will like us or so that we have human approval. That is what Joyce Meyer talks about - to not be a type of person who tries to get people to fill a void in them that only God can fill.

Thanks! That was great!
I think Joyce Meyer is an awesome women of God too (y) Good stuff
Sorry, it confused me when she just says "dont be a ppl pleaser"
Thanks for the clarification

ok like if you are just doing stuff to please others because you like want to get something from them like you are missing in your life then like i think that can make people hang on each other and rely on each other too much and thas always a worry.

but if you are well pleaseing to God it will be because you like dont have to do stuff for people but that you choose to because you love God and do it for him yeah?

Mat 10:37 "The one affectionately loving father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and the one affectionately loving son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me" - Jesus