• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Please pray in agreement with me.

My Father,
I pray and ask to know everything about You, but not just to know about You, but to know You and your Son, Jesus, more intamately, personally and lovingly. Lord, my God let me know Your love, Your frienship and Your goodwill toward me and those who call on the name of Jesus.
Don't allow me to just know about You, but be closer than a brother to me, my love, my hope, my salvation. Forgive me of my foolishness, forgive me of my slander and gossip, forgive me of hatered toward those whom I could consider enemies, forgive me for being mean and prideful instead of humbling myself, forgive me Lord for any and all impure thoughts and any thought not of You. Forgive me for not having even the faith of a mustard seed at times, in the name of Jesus, forgive me.
Help me Father to be ever mindful of Your presence, Your love, Your faithfulness, Your sacrifice, Your compassion, Your faithfullness, Your forgivness,and Your will to have good things for me. Lord mold me into the likeness of Your Son! Help me to be patient, humble and to serve. Thank You Lord. Blessed be Your name for You alone deserve my praise! Thank You, in the name of Jesus' I pray, amen.
Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is a very serious prayer that brings serious results. It's like asking for trouble.
My Father,
I pray and ask to know everything about You, but not just to know about You, but to know You and your Son, Jesus, more intamately, personally and lovingly. Lord, my God let me know Your love, Your frienship and Your goodwill toward me and those who call on the name of Jesus.
Don't allow me to just know about You, but be closer than a brother to me, my love, my hope, my salvation.

Listen to what Paul says;
2Corinthians 1:5-7
3*All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source* of every mercy and the God who comforts us. 4*He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5*You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. 6*So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. 7*We are confident that as you share in suffering, you will also share God’s comfort.

Look at what Paul states here to the believers in Philippi.
Philippians 3:10
10*As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11*so that, somehow, I can experience the resurrection from the dead!

And Peter in 1 Peter 4:12&13
12*Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13*Instead, be very glad—because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

And again here in 1Peter 5:6-11
6*So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. 7*Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.
8*Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. 9*Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters* all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
10*In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 11*All power is his forever and ever. Amen.

It is impossible to experience intimacy with God carnally, it must be done spiritually. Self must die to enjoy the fellowship with God that you are asking for. That is why we must become crucified with Christ. The destination is Glorious but the journey is murderous and painful.

respond jiggyfly

Jiggyfly
"This is a very serious prayer that brings serious results. It's like asking for trouble." EOQ
Please explain this to me, my prayer is to know Jesus more and more and grow closer to him every day. I do want to know about Him, that is why I read His Word. I also want to confess my sins to Him, because through His Son He is faithful to forgive me. I did not ask for God to take all my problems away from me.......I asked Him to help me to serve.....and much more.
Please tell me what about my prayer to God for myself troubles you and causes you to think I am asking for 'trouble'?
I would appreciate a response to this because this bothers me that you somehow believe that my request to God will bring me "trouble"! God does not want to bring me trouble.
Jeremiah 29:11-14(NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity..........................[it goes on to say more]
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests...............[it goes on]
Now are you saying to me that though I pray for forgiveness and a closer relationship to my Father through Jesus Christ, I am headed for 'trouble'?
I am not being sarcastic at all I just don't understand how you take my prayer to mean I am asking for trouble. Please help me to understand and do not take offense to this, but this was my own personal prayer and I was just asking for brothers and sisters to pray in agreement with me for me.
Again, I am sorry if my prayer offended you in anyway, but I must pray for what I am in need of..........Please respond Jiggyfly. In all Christian love, Amber.

Again, Jiggyfly, I looked at a few of the Scriptures you posted and they are wonderful they are a bit different in my NIV Bible, but what I do not understand is what they have to do with my prayer. Could you please clarify that for me also?

If you do not respond to this I do understand, but I will pray that I will be able to understand where you are coming from on this issue and you will be able to understand where I am coming from also. Love in Christ, Amber.

Last edited:
amberbeth04 said:
Jiggyfly
"This is a very serious prayer that brings serious results. It's like asking for trouble." EOQ
Please explain this to me, my prayer is to know Jesus more and more and grow closer to him every day. I do want to know about Him, that is why I read His Word. I also want to confess my sins to Him, because through His Son He is faithful to forgive me. I did not ask for God to take all my problems away from me.......I asked Him to help me to serve.....and much more.
Please tell me what about my prayer to God for myself troubles you and causes you to think I am asking for 'trouble'?
I would appreciate a response to this because this bothers me that you somehow believe that my request to God will bring me "trouble"! God does not want to bring me trouble.
Jeremiah 29:11-14(NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity..........................[it goes on to say more]
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests...............[it goes on]
Now are you saying to me that though I pray for forgiveness and a closer relationship to my Father through Jesus Christ, I am headed for 'trouble'?
I am not being sarcastic at all I just don't understand how you take my prayer to mean I am asking for trouble. Please help me to understand and do not take offense to this, but this was my own personal prayer and I was just asking for brothers and sisters to pray in agreement with me for me.
Again, I am sorry if my prayer offended you in anyway, but I must pray for what I am in need of..........Please respond Jiggyfly. In all Christian love, Amber.
Again, Jiggyfly, I looked at a few of the Scriptures you posted and they are wonderful they are a bit different in my NIV Bible, but what I do not understand is what they have to do with my prayer. Could you please clarify that for me also?
If you do not respond to this I do understand, but I will pray that I will be able to understand where you are coming from on this issue and you will be able to understand where I am coming from also. Love in Christ, Amber.
I was not coming against you or your prayer, as I stated it is a serious prayer, but many (not necessarily you) will pray to become intimate with God and then wonder why they have trials coming up in their life. Paul stated in 2Timothy 3:12 *"Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."
So all I am saying is this is a noble prayer that has great costs. I want all those who are in agreement to know what they are agreeing too, thats all.
Believe me when I say I am not offend and I hope you are not.

Last edited:
jiggyfly said:
I was not coming against you or your prayer, as I stated it is a serious prayer, but many (not necessarily you) will pray to become intimate with God and then wonder why they have trials coming up in their life. Paul stated in 2timothy 3:12 *"Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."
So all I am saying is this is a noble prayer that has great costs. I want all those who are in agrrement to know what they are agreeing too, thats all.
Believe me when I say I am not offend and I hope you are not.
Amen jiggyfly, a prayer like that has great costs indeed, and not one to be taken lightly.
Amberbeth, the verses jiggyfly quoted show how as we become more intimate with God we do come under more persecution, and you will find that a lot of the persecution comes from other Christians who do not understand the closeness you have with the Father.
1 Peter 4:12&13
12*Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13*Instead, be very glad—because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.
What a privilege to be able to say you are glad to join in Christs suffering, just be sure that is what you really want.

amberbeth04 said:
My Father,
Don't allow me to just know about You, but be closer than a brother to me, my love, my hope, my salvation. Forgive me of my foolishness, forgive me of my slander and gossip, forgive me of hatered toward those whom I could consider enemies, forgive me for being mean and prideful instead of humbling myself, forgive me Lord for any and all impure thoughts and any thought not of You. Forgive me for not having even the faith of a mustard seed at times, in the name of Jesus, forgive me.
Help me Father to be ever mindful of Your presence, Your love, Your faithfulness, Your sacrifice, Your compassion, Your faithfullness, Your forgivness,and Your will to have good things for me. Lord mold me into the likeness of Your Son! Help me to be patient, humble and to serve. Thank You Lord. Blessed be Your name for You alone deserve my praise! Thank You, in the name of Jesus' I pray, amen.
Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Father, through Your Son Jesus, I come to you in agreement with amberbeth for her prayer that is pleasing in Your sight and according to Your perfect will. She has humbled herself in confession, and shows living faith in her quest to know you in every way. Let the seed that she has sown here in faith grow to be a mighty tree that can break through every resistance of hard ground, as it reaches its branches to shelter and be a place for Your every blessing to alight. Thank you for the forgiveness You bring according to the purifying of Jesus, Who has suffered the shame of all sins and hears with perfect compassion Your beloved child's heart of contrition. Let nothing discourage her continual seeking of Your intimate companionship. Fill her with Your Holy Spirit to speak Jesus into her heart with all of the promise of the riches of Christ and joy of continual communion with you. Let not any messenger of the world pass judgment upon the mysterious ways and communication that You have for her alone. Place a shield around her and lead her in Your Word, the sword of the Spirit to cut away every barrier. Each day bring to Your child, who longs for Your will, ever growing intimacy with You, Jesus. Let her spiritual eyes and ears be delighted anew with Your voice Jesus. Make Your presence as tangible to her as the pages that reveal Your Word. Jesus, You said in Your living eternal Scriptures, "'These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.'"† Thus, be for amberbeth the peace when there is tumult around her, the encouragement that lifts her, and the strength that overcomes all disheartenment. Lead your daughter to serve in Christ according to that which You have prepared. Let her ways become pleasing in Your sight, even as she has brough before You her desire for the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Thank You Lord, our Father, and Jesus that You hear and answer the prayers of us who are covered by the righteousness of Christ, not because of what we say, but because You have created all things and created each one of us for faith in Your blessed Son, and we have received salvation by Your gift of faith. Amen.

† John 16:33 (NKJV)

Jiggyfly
You will find a personal reply to the private message to the one you sent me, I appreciate your kind heart and your concern for others. Love in Christ, Amber.

sunshine307 said:
Amen jiggyfly, a prayer like that has great costs indeed, and not one to be taken lightly.
Amberbeth, the verses jiggyfly quoted show how as we become more intimate with God we do come under more persecution, and you will find that a lot of the persecution comes from other Christians who do not understand the closeness you have with the Father.
1 Peter 4:12&13
What a privilege to be able to say you are glad to join in Christs suffering, just be sure that is what you really want.
You referred to 1 Peter 4: 12-13 I just want to type from my NIV:
1 Peter 4:12-14 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
I read the words (rejoice,overjoyed,blessed) I know God will take care of me even when I do have to endure trials for His name's sake.This is what I want to do the will of God for my life whatever that may be!
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
2 Timothy 1:7 Tor God did not give us a Spirit of timidity, but a Spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (God's own Spirit is dwells in me, 'if God is for me, who can be against me)
What I want is to fufill the Lord's will for my life no matter what that may be and I know I will undergo persecution, as will almost all who are Christians. But praise be to God that it is written in:
Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Jiggyfly seems to be a wonderful person who is just trying to look out for the well-being of others. I think the problem was that when I said, "Please pray in agreement with me," some may have thought that I meant the prayer was for them too. That was not the case at all, this was my own personal prayer and as;
Matthew 18:19-20 says, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it willl be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in My name, there am I with them."
So you see I was just hoping brothers and sisters would come together in prayer for me. If I am just supposed to list the needs of people I know or myself, that is how I will do it.
If I go to jail for my belief in Christ than to jail I will go, If I am killed for my belief in Christ, than killed I will be! What I do know is God is King over all. Praise God, in Jesus' name, amen. Sunshine,Love to you, in Christ. All for Christ and all in love, Amber.

To Christ said:
Father, through Your Son Jesus, I come to you in agreement with amberbeth for her prayer that is pleasing in Your sight and according to Your perfect will. She has humbled herself in confession, and shows living faith in her quest to know you in every way. Let the seed that she has sown here in faith grow to be a mighty tree that can break through every resistance of hard ground, as it reaches its branches to shelter and be a place for Your every blessing to alight. Thank you for the forgiveness You bring according to the purifying of Jesus, Who has suffered the shame of all sins and hears with perfect compassion Your beloved child's heart of contrition. Let nothing discourage her continual seeking of Your intimate companionship. Fill her with Your Holy Spirit to speak Jesus into her heart with all of the promise of the riches of Christ and joy of continual communion with you. Let not any messenger of the world pass judgment upon the mysterious ways and communication that You have for her alone. Place a shield around her and lead her in Your Word, the sword of the Spirit to cut away every barrier. Each day bring to Your child, who longs for Your will, ever growing intimacy with You, Jesus. Let her spiritual eyes and ears be delighted anew with Your voice Jesus. Make Your presence as tangible to her as the pages that reveal Your Word. Jesus, You said in Your living eternal Scriptures, "'These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.'"† Thus, be for amberbeth the peace when there is tumult around her, the encouragement that lifts her, and the strength that overcomes all disheartenment. Lead your daughter to serve in Christ according to that which You have prepared. Let her ways become pleasing in Your sight, even as she has brough before You her desire for the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Thank You Lord, our Father, and Jesus that You hear and answer the prayers of us who are covered by the righteousness of Christ, not because of what we say, but because You have created all things and created each one of us for faith in Your blessed Son, and we have received salvation by Your gift of faith. Amen.
† John 16:33 (NKJV)
I just want to thank you my friend for this wonderful prayer, I know God has heard this prayer and I just want to thank you again for interceding for me on my behalf. I really need your prayers right now. May God bless you richly in Jesus' name, amen. Love in Christ, Amber.

:love: :love: :love: :ip: :embarasse :love:
vinco said:
pls why i finething so had in my football carrie
and in my family also why ?and am a bron again christian?

Last edited: