• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Please pray for my Cousin.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Over the years i have given my cousin (who's 14) advice and in the past year and a half have slowly started talking to him about God and how Jesus died for his sins and things of that nature and slowly he has shown interest but never asked or seemed interested to get to know the Lord, 2 days ago me and my cousin were walking and talking outside and we started talking about regular things and joking around but eventually The Lord came up and he started asking questions and i answered some but there were many that i didn't answer and didn't even try to because i'm just not equipped at the moment to answer the questions he was asking and it's better to keep quiet if you don't know than to give someone false info and lead him in the wrong direction. So i had told him that he should speak with a Christian pastor to answer such questions (cause a pastor is so much more wiser and equipped to answer the kind of questions about God that he was interested in knowing)

He then expressed to me how he recently was taken to juvenile because of his actions in school and for doing other wrong things in the street (my cousin has unfortunately been raised by the street and he has witnessed and been involved and heard things that a 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 year old should not hear, he has told of things that he's seen and heard when he was as young as 7), he told me that he was afraid that he would be left there to serve time and he looked to God and prayed that God will help him and he promised to the lord that he would do better....2 minutes later a guard came to him and said "Damian Arias, here's a metro card, you're free to go) He expressed how He knows that that was no coincidence and he knew that it was God who answered is prayer and helped him. He asked me if i can take him to a church tomorrow (or today since it's 12 am here in NY) and i agreed to do that and speak to the pastor to pray for him and to speak to him.

He has said that he usually feels so much better (when he's stressed) after speaking to me because i sometimes speak to him about the Lord. Although he didn't say it but i can tell that he looks up to me and i am not that great of a person to be looked up to. I myself am and have been in spiritual turmoil for some time now, i become worried because i can't be the person that i want to be and help him out or anyone for that matter, i am not equipped to do much of anything in the Kingdom in my current shape. But i know that i can't help him cause i myself am in such spiritual problems. So i ask that you please pray for my cousin, (not even my prayer life is good) that the Lord may reveal Himself to him, save him and help him remove himself from the hood and from those that will only drag him down in his walk with Christ.

I have no doubt that the little spark that has suddenly lit up in my cousins heart and has given him the desire to get to know the Lord is because of the Lord and his Loving Grace. Thanks in advance for all of your prayers.

Active
The Lord came up and he started asking questions and i answered some but there were many that i didn't answer and didn't even try to because i'm just not equipped at the moment to answer the questions he was asking and it's better to keep quiet if you don't know than to give someone false info and lead him in the wrong direction.
I think you handled the situation very well.I also think you must have found that thin line between being helpful without giving him the feeling it is being pushed on him.

I myself am and have been in spiritual turmoil for some time now
It's things like this that makes us realize the value of being "in tune" with the word.To be able to be in the right place at the right time with the right words.Not to worry he is watching where you put your trust.
If there is some kind of youth group or bible study you could attend with him.
I will put you both on my prayer list.
Here is a cool verse to meditate on:
Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I would venture to say this is God's work in both your lives in action.

Carry on Seeker of Jesus

Always remember that just because you tell someone the truth doesn't mean your forcing anything upon anyone. You can stand next to a divided highway with someone and explain to them that if they leave the curb and walk to the other side they are going to get hit by the first driver who doesn't see them and most likely be killed. You have forced nothing on anyone but simply told them the truth in love. When we share with others that those who obey Jesus get eternal life while those who do not obey get indignation and wrath, we are doing the same thing. We are standing beside the divided highway with them advising them not to cross. We can't force them to obey but we are to encourage them not to cause themselves to perish. I always tell the ones I love that in the end it is their choice to live or die.

Praying for you and your cousin,

Gary

Seeker, I have to encourage you in this ministry the LORD has given you for your cousin. The LORD has given you an opportunity to intercede for him and minister to him. Don't think for a minute you need to be perfect in order to do that effectively, just trust that His power will manifest and pray for Him to use you as a vessel for His will in this matter.

If there is anything in your walk with the Lord that is lacking, ask in faith for the LORD to give that to you. Are you spiritually lazy? Ask for Him to set a fire in your heart for prayer and study of His Word. Are you lacking in wisdom? Ask for Him to impart and teach you all you need to know for the questions you will face from your cousin. Is there some besetting sin that is giving ground to Satan to accuse you on? Turn from this sin and cry out to Jesus to deliver you from the temptations. In His time, He will break the bondage of that sin and you will never worry about that temptation again.

Whatever you do, ask all of this in faith without wavering and He will do it.

My prayer is that our Father in heaven watches over you and your cousin drawing both of you near to Him in greater and greater measure. I pray He baptizes your cousin in His Spirit, that the anointing of God will be his guide as he grows and matures in the Lord. In Jesus' name I pray.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Prayer Request 7
C Prayer Request 9
B Prayer Request 7