• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Please help me understand

This may sound confusing,i met a man and prayed he was right for me,we were both baptised and married later.. While we talked of our faith i then realised my husband only believed Jesus was fictional.I was also going through a tough time concerning family matters that we separated and later learnt he was going to Jehovah church..After a couple of years we have been good friends and he visits weekends but continues to talk of his faith,in fact he brought me 5 bibles this weekend and told me i should read them.. Considering i have just treated my self to some study books to guide and help me through my days of being separated from my grandson...My paster told me Jehovah are cult and that my husband is trying to convince me to change..The problem i have is,i don't no how to prove this with hard evidence as i don't understand..Please could anyone guide me where i can show my husband should his belief be wrong.I don't want to talk wrongly about any ones faith so for give me if it sounds that i am..But what i do not apologise for and that's knowing Jesus is real and i love him dearly,my husband will never defeat me there...I hope some one can help me...please for give me if i have spoken wrongly..

You're in a rough place. Your pastor sounds like he is right on target. I daresay your pastor cares more about you spiritually and emotionally than your husband. The husband sounds risky for now. Not to say that God could not work on hubby and bring you back together.

Be careful and be blessed. Walk with God. He is pleased with you as His child and daughter.

This may sound confusing,i met a man and prayed he was right for me,we were both baptised and married later.. While we talked of our faith i then realised my husband only believed Jesus was fictional.I was also going through a tough time concerning family matters that we separated and later learnt he was going to Jehovah church..After a couple of years we have been good friends and he visits weekends but continues to talk of his faith,in fact he brought me 5 bibles this weekend and told me i should read them.. Considering i have just treated my self to some study books to guide and help me through my days of being separated from my grandson...My paster told me Jehovah are cult and that my husband is trying to convince me to change..The problem i have is,i don't no how to prove this with hard evidence as i don't understand..Please could anyone guide me where i can show my husband should his belief be wrong.I don't want to talk wrongly about any ones faith so for give me if it sounds that i am..But what i do not apologise for and that's knowing Jesus is real and i love him dearly,my husband will never defeat me there...I hope some one can help me...please for give me if i have spoken wrongly..

There should be a list of books on gracetoyou.org and type in the search Jehovah Witness and they have a list there. Also OnePlace.com has a list of study books there also.

Sadly, if he is a Jehova's Un-Witness he does indeed believe in a fictional Jesus. It is surprising that you would not have found that out earlier as they are usually fairly vocal in their beliefs. The bible they use is altered specifically to support their erroneous doctrine.
Another thing you should be aware of is this: JW's are specifically trained in how to confuse and trip up believers.
You are in my prayer. Please check your PM's.

Bible bookshops usually have a list of JW vs christianity books. Pray for your husband. It's your best defense.

God bless

(PS. If there isn't a big bible bookshop in your area, you should be able to find one online fairly easily. I usually go through 'Koorong' but I think that's based in australia, so for the UK I don't know.
That's the kind of thing you want to be looking for though.

Often the bigger bookshops will have a whole 'christian cult' section and you can often find small or condensed booklets that sum up the scriptures each group use to back up their beliefs and how to refute them.

Don't let go of Jesus, that is really important. JW's don't accept biblical christianity as it stands and they'll try to take it from you. They want you to believe their ideas and theirs only. That's why they're referred to as a 'cult' by mainstream christianity. You prayed that this man was 'right' for you but he wasn't. (Not yet anyway.)

The bible tells us that if a spouse leaves us because they cannot live in peace with us and our faith, to let them go. We arn't bound to them in such cases 1 Cor 7. This man is very unlikely to let you keep your own faith if he is a true JW. Be very careful.

(however God can save anyone and saves people out of christian cults and into their own relationship with him all the time. Nothing is impossible. Just hang in there.)

I grew up in a closed christian group that many mainstream churchs think of as a 'cult'. Now I have closer walk with God then most of the christians I've ever known. And I wouldn't boast about that.

JW's have some good points. As do most, strict christian sects. But they lack the most important thing - two way relationship with God.

I can eat most christians alive theologically and I got that partly from my upbringing in that original church because it was so focused on scripture. Scripture can only take you so far however and the rest is relationship. I learned that since then.

These arn't idle boasts.

(in fact I feel like a bit of a twot writing this but it is true.) Theological air guitar posturing and deliberate waffle to sound important I usually ignore, but the bible is the bible. One of the strengths of the JW movement is that they immerse themselves in it to prove their own theology. That can be an invaluable heritage when a person comes to christ out of that movement. And one few other christian denominations can match. A bible based education is a wonderful thing to have once it's yours.

Praying for your situation.

- Jesus tells us that he is 'the way, the truth and the life, and no man comes to the father except through him'. John 14:6 JW's don't believe that he is God.

Last edited:
It very simple! J.W. s believe JESUS CHRIST is a mere angel !
When in fact HE is CREATOR!

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti christ.

We Do not have a religion ! We have a Personal One on One relationship with God as Father though JESUS CHRIST forever more!

Has nothing to do with churches here or groups or pastors!

Many follow religions or cults and serve them!

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Many are called , few chosen! Because few will follow only HIM!

I believe in going to church!
I do not believe in following the churches here or the pastors!

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Never stand on one scripture!
Find all the scriptures in the New Testament about a certain Subject! Then see how all are truth and agree together !