• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Please donate to Christian Charity

Administrator
Staff Member
I have compiled a list of Christian Charities and organizations. I encourage you to sacrifice what you feel in your heart to these and pray for them. Pray that ever penny you give, that was given to you originally from GOD - will bless many and feed, cloth, nurture the hungry children and families worldwide. Amen.

If you wish to add to the list, send me a pm or email to [email protected] with your organization. It must be Christian based and operated.

You can sponsor missionaries, help build churches, sponsor children, families, send one time general donations, build houses, donate tangible gifts, etc. You can even donate points! Open your heart and sacrifice for those truly in need. GOD will bless you and reward you, but it is the sincerity in your giving that matters and shows an act of Christlike love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samaritan's Purse

I would recommend "Samaritan's Purse" as a good Christ-based charity. They run "Operation Christmas Child" among others programs.

"Quote"

Chad,

My pastor said this matter of giving, is like asking God, "how much can we keep of all you have given us," not how much do you want us to give so much.......He gives us this money, it is all His, how much should we keep after having used it to usher in the Kingdom. To touch lives..

I think the Bible says to use unrighteous mammon, for the glory of God, no?

I will email you a charity that is near to my heart.

God's immeasurable grace and mercy be yours, today and always,

But I do want to ask, and have been wondering about it for a bit.

Do you need funds to run TalkJesus.com?
Are you able to run it without support?

Please share as much as you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
I have added CFC and Samaritans Purse as well.

Singlemom, yes it costs money to run Talk Jesus. However, GOD is the ultimate sole provider. Sometimes people donate out of their kind hearts. That is a great thing, however GOD has always provided more than enough since day one.

I have compiled a list of Christian Charities and organizations. I encourage you to sacrifice what you feel in your heart to these and pray for them. Pray that ever penny you give, that was given to you originally from GOD - will bless many and feed, cloth, nurture the hungry children and families worldwide. Amen.

If you wish to add to the list, send me a pm or email to [email protected] with your organization. It must be Christian based and operated.

You can sponsor missionaries, help build churches, sponsor children, families, send one time general donations, build houses, donate tangible gifts, etc. You can even donate points! Open your heart and sacrifice for those truly in need. GOD will bless you and reward you, but it is the sincerity in your giving that matters and shows an act of Christlike love.
It would certainly be very nice to be able to contribute Chad, it really would.....

Administrator
Staff Member
Your not obligated to give if you cannot afford to do so. GOD loves all no matter what. The purpose of giving is to learn how to be self-less like Christ was and of course, to bless those in need. No way would GOD look at you in need and be upset that you did not give. However, faith pleases GOD. Faith is the key foremost before anything else.

Hebrews 11:1-12

1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

2 For by [faith--trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.

3 By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible.

4 [Prompted, actuated] by faith Abel brought God a better and more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, because of which it was testified of him that he was righteous [that he was upright and in right standing with God], and God bore witness by accepting and acknowledging his gifts. And though he died, yet [through the incident] he is still speaking.

5 Because of faith Enoch was caught up and transferred to heaven, so that he did not have a glimpse of death; and he was not found, because God had translated him. For even before he was taken to heaven, he received testimony [still on record] that he had pleased and been satisfactory to God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].

7 [Prompted] by faith Noah, being forewarned by God concerning events of which as yet there was no visible sign, took heed and diligently and reverently constructed and prepared an ark for the deliverance of his own family. By this [his faith which relied on God] he passed judgment and sentence on the world's unbelief and became an heir and possessor of righteousness (that relation of being right into which God puts the person who has faith).

8 [Urged on] by faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went forth to a place which he was destined to receive as an inheritance; and he went, although he did not know or trouble his mind about where he was to go.

9 [Prompted] by faith he dwelt as a temporary resident in the land which was designated in the promise [of God, though he was like a stranger] in a strange country, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs with him of the same promise.

10 For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has fixed and firm foundations, whose Architect and Builder is God.

11 Because of faith also Sarah herself received physical power to conceive a child, even when she was long past the age for it, because she considered [God] Who had given her the promise to be reliable and trustworthy and true to His word.

12 So from one man, though he was physically as good as dead, there have sprung descendants whose number is as the stars of heaven and as countless as the innumerable sands on the seashore.

Praise God!!!!!

I have added CFC and Samaritans Purse as well.

Singlemom, yes it costs money to run Talk Jesus. However, GOD is the ultimate sole provider. Sometimes people donate out of their kind hearts. That is a great thing, however GOD has always provided more than enough since day one.

Chad,

Well, Praise God for this testimony of His goodness. He is a faithful loving God, I know it!

Since it is possible to give to talkjesus.com
would you provide the information necessary to know how to give?

This way if anyone is willing and is being led to give out of faith, then they will have the necessary information. :lightbulb

Thank you,
singlemom

unanswered question

m not sure if this message is not being seen or the info cannot be share d here or? Maybe I am missing the link to find the info I want. But I will still seek an answer to my previous question.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi sister. There is a donate feature under the Info menu on top left.

I have a local Animal Rescue Center close to me, which is run by a Christian Husband and Wife, i try to give as much as i can and will put together fundraisers for them a few times a year, it is wonderful to have a Christian couple so close to me now.

It is Called Kilkenny Puppy Rescue just in case anyone wants to check out their page. They have some lovely sucess stories there.

The work they do is amazing, God Bless them xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Another Christian Organiztion

Hell Chad, There is no response needed. But there is also childrens Bible Fellowship of ny, CBFNY. They get kids from New york city to a summer camp. And winter retreats. Which involves everything. The good thing is its nondenominational. These kids come from broken homes, believe me. They, even if they cannot afford it, experience camping boating etc. And the man in charge of the camp knows the Lord to. These kids need the Lord so if you ever decide to add further to your main list please consider this ministry.
PS they just dont drop them like hot potatoes once summer is ended they go into the city for follow up.

Samaritian Purse is a wonderful one. Also think about helping out missionaries, it is soooo important. they cannot go without the funds. Support them.

Children International

Is Children International really a Christian organization?

I just signed up to sponsor a child with a monthly donation. But, I see no mention of God, Christianity, Christ, etc. on their site.

Then I saw the following post on Yahoo! Answers.
----------------------------------------------------------------
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070819144317AAOZXZb

"My wife and mother-in-law have been sponsoring 2 children in the Phillipines for a few years. Just 2 months ago, they actually flew there to meet these children and also make sure the money they were sending was going to them. Now, about 2 weeks ago, my wife's "adopted" child sent a letter. In it it made no mention of my wife going out there or bring any gifts. No, my wife was not looking or expecting a thank you letter but the letter sounded as if someone else might have written it. Furthermore, my mother-in-law also got a letter from her child. Guess what? It is in the same handwriting and her letter made no mention of the visit.

Anyone heard of any questionable things of Children International?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, the handwriting could be the same because of a translator. But, if this post is true, it seems as if the company is fabricating letters.

I feel torn as to whether or not I should continue donating to Children International. On one hand, it doesn't seem as if the organization is Christian and it does seem as if they falsely create letters that appear to be from the children. On the other hand, I already committed to assisting a child, and Christ makes it clear that we should assist the poor. (He did not specify that it needed to be through a Christian organization.)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Bill

Last edited: