• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Please can anyone help

Can anyone help me please, I pray all the time to be closer to Lord Jesus and I tell him my life belongs to him. To take it and use me, but instaed of being closer I feel further away as I just keep messing up every day real bad more than when I didn't ask. Then I feel so bad about being so nasty all day that I feel that God would never want to use me. Right now I just don't know what to do I prayed and asked for forgiveness but I just don't want to keep messing up all the time, each Morning I read my bible and pray then 5 minutes later I make a mess of every thing by spinning out and being nasty

Last edited:
Staff Member
Hi sister

You need to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. 2 Cor.10.5

Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God and to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Also get Phil 4.8 as this tells you what you should do. What you should say. What to think on.

We are to daily put the flesh under, live by the spirit so as not to fulfill the lust of the spirit. Put on the armour of God. Eph.6.10.

Ask God to guide your walk each day and keep praying.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. Matt 6.33.

Hope this will help. Keep your focus on Him.

God bless.

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Hi Thank you for the help I do pray and ask God to Guide me each day but things just keep getting worse I don't want to be the way I am

Last edited:
Staff Member
Hi Meeka,

Could I please open up for you what LadyLovesJesus has said?

Let's look at it:

Hi sister not stranger, but sister in Jesus Christ the Lord..... what better title to be greeted as..... a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There is enough power in those two words to set you above any problem you will ever face.... think about it.

You need to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. 2 Cor.10.5 If you were to have to catch an animal, say a chicken, that kept getting into your garden, and subsequently scratching up your flowerbed, how would you do it? Would you just wish for it to be so, or perhaps make every effort to catch it and render it obedient to your desire... perhaps confine it in a cage. Maybe you would build up a fence to keep it out? Either way, your determination would feed your actions and you would not be satisfied until the pesky chook was stopped from destroying your beautiful garden.... is that correct?

So, when the Scriptures, Word from God in Jesus Christ the Lord, tell you to take the thoughts captive, in order to make them obedient, how much more should we be determined to do just that, and so protect the beautiful garden of your temple for Christ the Lord?
Merely praying about it is like wishing for it to happen. Does the Scripture say pray that every thought gets caught? No, it tells you to do it.

Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God and to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Also get Phil 4.8 as this tells you what you should do. What you should say. What to think on. Again, this is not a nice suggestion full of pretty thoughts, like flowers and butterflies on a spring day. The word of God is a two edged sword.... one side is like the very best advice you will ever, ever, ever get, given in total love for your safety and preservation amidst the darkness of this present world until the Lord rerturns and redemption is fulfilled for you and all upon the earth who will seek Him with a true heart...

the other side is like a command from the most superior authority that ever existed. Tell me, would you pay your dues if the government required them. What about obeying the driving laws in your country, or any others that carry a penalty for breaking them? I would say you most likely do. So, when the LORD commands you to do something.... and the penalty for your wrong doing is the skin tearing, savage nails through your Saviour's healing hands that He has already suffered for you.... can you not find it in you to obey the laws and commands of God?
Sister, do not think I am being harsh on you. But realise that you are the one who must take your stand against this problem of yours, and do so by following the LORD's commands. You see, you are one member of His body, and you have your part in it, and for Him to function with you as part of it, you have to do as He says. We all do.

We are to daily put the flesh under, live by the spirit so as not to fulfill the lust of the spirit. Put on the armour of God. Eph.6.10. Look at the place of salvation... where does it rest upon, but your head. Think about it. Who is doing the cooking up there? What is the recipé ? By this I mean, what thoughts rule in your mind. Are they the thoughts of salvtion, or defeat. When something happens to get you nasty, what goes on in your mind? Your position in Christ, which would then govern your entire thought process in peace and joy, or perhaps a lie from the evil one who goes about seeking to destroy the works of God in you ? Seriously. We all get the devil's garbage thrown at us, so don't go thinking you need some deliverance because he has conned you..... but rather, repent, rejoice and rest in the LORD. The Scriptures are for all of us, and your situation is not unique to you.... neither the nasty reactions, or the devil trying to keep you from God's peace in Jesus Christ the Lord. So be encouraged that you are not alone in this battle. The LORD gave us the Scripture BECAUSE we need them, because we have to deal with things.... and remember mostly, because He loves us.

Ask God to guide your walk each day and keep praying. Read Psalm 32

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. Matt 6.33.How often do we seek Him AFTER we mess up? We need to learn, to teach ourselves, to remind ourselves, to instruct ourselves, to demand of ourselves.... however and whatever it takes... to seek Him first.... and then allow Hiim to react in us to His glory...and our peace.

Hope this will help. Keep your focus on Him. Yes, keep your focus on Him, not on your actions and reactions, not on your failings or things that seem stronger than you. Keep your focus on Jesus. Not only can we hope this helps, it will help.... He is your help.

God bless. LadyLovesJesus says this as for something for you to receive, so my advice here my sister is rather than to be hasty to answer, go and receive your blessing. Read the advice you have been given and allow it to minister to you and therefore bless you..... in Jesus name ...><>

Hello sister Meeka,

I know how you feel, it's not easy in todays world but you can know that it is possible.
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
Don't beat yourself up! Remember, Jesus himself went through all of the trials and temptations that we face.
When you find yourself thinking about sin or remembering your past sin, I found that memorizing this verse has helped me through the tough times...
"Rather, clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature." Romans 13:14
The battle between good and evil is waged in our minds, through our thoughts. Either you control your thoughts or your thoughts will control you!
I also know about your feelings of worthlessness. Feeling like your not good enough for God. Well don't be to surprised but we are not good enough for God! That's why Jesus shed His blood on the cross!
"For it is by grace we are saved, through faith, and not of ourself, it is a gift from God! Not by works, so that no man can boast." Epeshians 2:8-9
Keep your head up. Satin didn't care about you when you were of the world. Now that you have devoted your life to doing Gods will, he will do whatever it takes to stand between you and your relationship with God.
When you feel like your far from God remember this... on a cloudy day you may not be able to see the sun shinning, but stay outside long enough and you will still get a sunburn! We may not always feel close to God but that doesn't mean He is any further away.
God bless you sister, stay strong in Christ.

David

I will pray for you! The devil will work even harder to turn you from having a relationship with God when he realizes what you're doing. Dont give up- I know its easier said than done. But you HAVE to keep going to God. As the posts you received here say- you have to look within yourself as well and decide what needs to be done and ask God for His help. Its hard to face our truths in the mirror. Believe me I know first hand. I am dealing with a lot myself right now but am counting on God to see me through as He promised and I have made a lot of changes in myself- changes for the better. Lord bless and keep you.

Thank you all for your advice and encouragement
I do see where I have been going wrong Thank you and God Bless you all :lightbulb :happy:

So glad to hear it...

I'm so glad to hear your doing better. Keep strong sister Meeka. We will all sin, but praise Jesus! He always forgives and heals. When this happens, just remember Peter, he witness the miracles of Jesus first hand and still denied Him three times. Peter later became an important part of starting the early church and a mighty apostle of our Lord.

Your brother in Christ,
David

some advise

Hello dear sis meeka
Do not loose heart,I assure you in Jesus's name that you will be a true believerand faithful servant of God.
I was also an unbelieving christian lady, but when I truly repented Jesus helped me. I was totally immersed in a sin for 40 years. When I believed that Jesus is there to save me I did not commited that sin.I am victorious with Jesus.
You know devil does not want us to believe in Jesus, But Jesus is Truth, He is with you. He is watching your effort, I assure you, that you will be victorious. I am honestly praying for you. Please remember me.
Sis I do not know english because this is not my language.
With love of Jesus and prayers.

We can't always get things right and at the end of the day we are human and can mess up sometimes.
when I am having negative thoughts I often ask my self this 'What Would Jesus Do?'
There are wrist bands available that have this written on that you might find help you.
when you mess up just ask yourself the question see if you can help put things right.
Hope this helps
God bless