• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pilgrims Progress, by John Bunyan

Loyal
read it, it was pretty good, did you read the follow up to it, about christians wife and kids taking the trip to the heavenly city

Loyal
Never completed it, started maybe 4 or 5 times, but since you mention it I think I will started again tonight. I do have the time. Thanks!

Loyal
read it, it was pretty good, did you read the follow up to it, about christians wife and kids taking the trip to the heavenly city
I found a great audio, with some of the great flavored old English vernacular. “Christaian” I finish it off a little over 7 hours, it was great, maybe it was the right time for me to hear it. When they started mentioning “Christian” it felt just like me. It seems like it explain and gave depth to my own pilgrimage as I look back in the past. This audio I found was right on point. A couple of places I could tell in the middle was added by current writers because it didn’t have “John Bunyan” style or flavor. But it was excellent. I thank you again for bring it up.❤️

Loyal
I just do not understand it but maybe I do. I was “born from above” in 1977 about 3 weeks before Easter Sunday. I was at work. Within 1 year I read the whole Bible a good Reference study Bible twice from the front to the back. At the same time I read the testament about 5 times. I was bless to be able to do that in my office at work. It took about 2 hours to do my work 6 hours I read. At home I would sleep with it in my arms. I lie not. Then after that year I read “pilgrims progress” Oh’ my God, it thrill my soul, not the so called modern English version. In 2 days, finish. It started like this: “As I walked through the wilderness of this world, I lighted on a certain place, where was a Denn and I laid me down in that place to sleep : And as I slept, I dreamed a dream”. The 100 Best novels ever written , The #1 is “Pilgrims Progress” by John Bunyan. We have people who called themselves Christians and have never read it, But they have read “Fifty shades of Grey”! If we think AD 70 was something , wait until Jesus get back here! They are going to think He Is the Devil! Sorry if I feel strongly about this.❤️ Is there anyone that shares in this kinda pain.

Loyal
God gives us different gifts according to what we as a church need. One of yours is probably greater faith. It is best to never look down on your brother or sister because their faith does not live up to yours. It will be their own trial they will face if they dont live up to their calling in the body of Christ.

Loyal
I never look down at my brothers and sisters in Christ, it may seem that way, it may be the faulty of the arraignment of my words to try to convey the depth-ness of my thoughts , Maybe a like-ness, similar to Mary’s “and she “ponder”those things in her heart” God knows. Oh, how I long for such a place as “The Areopagus”. Shalom❤️

Loyal
Well worth reading the whole of Pilgrims Progress @PloughBoy....I have read it many times

Also Bunyan's Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners.
You ok over there? Just checking.
Kangaroo Island in South Australia has been likened to a Noah's Ark for its unique ecology. But after fierce bushfires tore through island this week, there are fears it may never fully recover. BBC News

Staff Member
Greetings @PloughBoy

Thank you for your message.

Thankfully we are not directly affected by the fires.

However, the air is hazy and the horizon foggy due to smoke from Kangaroo Island. The smell of smoke on the air is horrible.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in the fire zone.

Much prayer needed.