• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Petition to the a&e network demanding...

Administrator
Staff Member
PETITION TO THE A&E NETWORK DEMANDING THE IMMEDIATE REINSTATEMENT OF DUCK DYNASTY’S PHIL ROBERTSON — #ISTANDWITHPHIL

View attachment 1682

Dear A&E Network,

I am writing to you regarding your network's intolerant, discriminatory, and punitive treatment of Mr. Phil Robertson, star of A&E's #1 hit show, Duck Dynasty.

Mr. Robertson’s comments in GQ Magazine are simply reflective of a Biblical view of sexuality, marriage, and family – a view that has stood the test of time for thousands of years and continues to be held by the majority of Americans and today’s world as a whole.

Many members of the LGBT community may not agree with this view, but the notion that a free-thinking American should be discriminated against simply for expressing a perspective that is in conflict with another is patently un-American and flies in the face of true tolerance and civility. A&E's position, which in your own words is “championing” the gay and lesbian community — which I believe you have the freedom to do — excludes the views of Faith Driven Consumers and effectively censors a legitimate viewpoint held by the majority of Americans.

As a Faith Driven Consumer, I am signing this petition to demand that my views be treated with equality and respect in America’s rich rainbow of diversity.

I am asking your network to immediately reinstate Mr. Robertson to Duck Dynasty, and to formally apologize to him, his family, and the millions of viewers who tune in every week, stand by him, and share his worldview. While the LGBT community may be offended by his opposing viewpoint, your rash, discriminatory, and unfair treatment toward Mr. Robertson — a recognized symbol of the faith community — is a slap in the face to Faith Driven Consumers and everyday Americans alike.

There are 46 million Faith Driven Consumers in America today who spend 1.75 trillion dollars annually. Should you refuse to equally respect and welcome our legitimately held views, we will gladly stop watching this and all other A&E programming and turn to any reformulation of Duck Dynasty on another network – while simultaneously supporting brands that stand with the show and the Robertson family.

Signed,
John Q. Public
#IStandwithPhil

SIGN NOW - CLICK HERE

ahhh yeah, right on time. this is the very topic i came on to post about.... not only do the petition go on their face book and email them. call them here is the number i know...212-210-9007. its corprate. if you know another a&e number i would LOVE to have it. do not sit idly by and allow the enemy to destroy freedom of speech/religion etc.
BOYCOTT A&E IF THEY DONT PUT PHIL BACK ON.

Wal Mart has everything from clothes, games, and yes, even food with Duck Dynasty labeled on it! I suggest calling Wal mart at their 800 #. They have invested huge amounts of money in sponsoring his program. When I called they were very interested and respectful.

I took the time and got phone #'s for many of the advertises of DUCK DYNASTY and called most. Some were very nice, a few pro-gay companies were not interested.....KMART

Today there have been over 1,000,000 responses to A&E. A&E will make no ore comments, they say. In all honesty Phil should learn to communicate in less crude language. Maybe in the backwoods with his bud's it's ok, but in a worldly magazine interview Phil is intelligent enough to use language that might better belong in a men's locker room. As Christians we are to be wise, not dumb like we are uneducated. Phil has been to college and knows a better way to communicate.

did you hear??? phil is supposed to come back in the spring. thats what i read anyway.

God is good.

Just thought I'd add as this has become a social uproar
if you have signed a petition on this you should also be praying for A & E executives as to thier better judgement concerning what they censor and what they DON'T ! And that Gods grace be on Phil's lips that He speak only as God intends him to ! Lord help us all on that one ! ..lol ...Rev

After watching DUCK DYNASTY for maybe 40 episodes I want to give my opinion. DUCK DYNASTY is a undesirable comedy, for families as a whole. DUCK DYNASTY in my opinion has offensive adult humor. The amusement and mention of men's and woman's sexual organs, are often referred to in tasteless, coarse buffoonery. Intimacy in marriage is expressed in selfish terms, from a man's gratification point of view. Lovemaking dialogue is sometimes indiscreet, sleazy backwoods rude humor.

Work is portrayed as to be best avoided, and goofing off on the job is fun and a joke. Greed, and wealth, along with excessively expensive houses, cars, tucks, are shown as no big deal. The worthiness of honest labor just is not portrayed. Sarcasm and insults at fellow workers and especially management are the order of the day. The Bible speaks directly against laziness, and not giving your employer your best work.

Bodily functions and noises are presented and exploited in raunchy ridicule . In one episode Si is handcuffed to Willey or along time. Si has to urinate with Wiley standing next to him....a coupe of times. This would be offensive for children to watch, frankly it's indiscreet. There is vulgar, moronic humor, that is in just about every episode.

Phil being interviewed by GQ magazine, one would expect there would be disagreement by those who approve of homosexuality. A&E Television has many television channels under their banner. Some of their programs are, in my opinion, unfit for anyone who say they are a follower of Jesus Christ. The Robertson's choice to be connected with or on A&E is unfortunate. In my opinion DUCK DYNASTY has funny comedy, mixed with worldly improper comedy unbecoming of Christian's. Several of the Robertson family have made public testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ. Phil has preached quite often from the pulpit of his faith in Christ Jesus, even to very large audiences in several states . The faith expressed in Jesus Christ, and the coarse language, crude, indiscreet, comedy are inharmonious with Biblical standard's and ethics, in my opinion and understanding of the Bible.

I totally supported Phil and his right to give his interview, and speak as a Christian, with the Bible as his source from which he speaks. That is his protected rights under our Constitution. I was glad to support Phil and sign the petition. However, after watching more that 40 DUCK DNASTY programs I am wondering how so many Christians can continue to watch and support a program, that in my opinion, has material offensive for children and follower's of Christ to watch.

farout, i gave up TV a long time ago. so I have never even seen one episode of duck dynasty. and in all honesty I didnt even know what duck dynasty was until the interview. the reason I was outraged was some of what phil said was taken way out of context and distorted. and if a&e was allowed to slide well, what would have come next? I reccomend not watching TV. I know what i am saying here may seem biased, and maybe it is, but i want my religious freedom. and so do the saints in places like china.

Active
the reason I was outraged was some of what phil said was taken way out of context and distorted.

Noting he said was taken out of context those who defend what he said but feel indifferent about the " pre-civil rights thing, ", invented a sugar coated version with their interpretation with strawberries on top, but he said what he said. Unless he denied it, but I read the whole interview and he said what he said, and meant it.

Out of context would depend on the version you heard.

Last edited:
Active
There are two groups who have taken what he said out of the context from it's true meaning, for their own benefit.

First group- He didn't mean it that way, what he really meant was ( and they put their own interpretation and ideologies because they can read his mind.)
Second group - what he said was offensive to two groups of disadvantaged citizens and should be punishable or forced to apologize.

Out of these two groups who have been accused of taking his words out of context, one is actually telling the truth and one is sugar coating what he said.

Based on the circulated blogs, political reality star sarah painlin, faux news, christian media and various networks, the opinions have been easily boxed into two group views. The common bond shared between these two groups is the fact they never denied what he said or changed what he said, but it's their reaction to the reality of his words that differ. It's the reaction that caused the stir.

The two groups really are insignificant when it comes to the law of free speech, human rights and who holds the power.
When you mentioned "the reason I was outraged was some of what phil said was taken way out of context and distorted," I was curious to which of the two groups you were referring to.

Active
There are two groups who have taken what he said out of the context from it's true meaning, for their own benefit.

First group- He didn't mean it that way, what he really meant was ( and they put their own interpretation and ideologies because they can read his mind.)
Second group - what he said was offensive to two groups of disadvantaged citizens and should be punishable or forced to apologize.

Out of these two groups who have been accused of taking his words out of context, one is actually telling the truth and one is sugar coating what he said.

Based on the circulated blogs, political reality star sarah painlin, faux news, christian media and various networks, the opinions have been easily boxed into two group views. The common bond shared between these two groups is the fact they never denied what he said or changed what he said, but it's their reaction to the reality of his words that differ. It's the reaction that caused the stir.

The two groups really are insignificant when it comes to the law of free speech, human rights and who holds the power.
When you mentioned "the reason I was outraged was some of what phil said was taken way out of context and distorted," I was curious to which of the two groups you were referring to.

I wouldnt go as far as saying I can read minds but i am also from the south(less than a days drive from phil) and have said what he said before. Not exaclty word for word, but close. So I get the train of thought here.
but even futher on two groups, there are only two groups of people on earth. sinners and saved sinners. A good portion of the sinners hate the saved sinners for some reason, maybe its because Jesus said they would. But to answer your question I was actually refering to both categories you spoke of. I just dont want to have to live like say people in china, where the saints are guided by The Holy Spirit to the place where they will worship instead of a planned meeting place announced and then once there you got to be quiet and keep it secret or you get arrested and tourtured and maybe/probably killed. But hey, we will probably get our chance for that here in the states soon anyway. count your blessings and live it up while you can.