• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Personally I do not think that "Song of Songs" should be a part of The Canons of Scripture what do you think

Loyal
I do not think it should be there because it is to sensual, And it should not be in the presence of children or kids or young adults. If you even paraphrase such words in this modern day language, most christian will condemn of such phrases. 1st time i read it over 40 years age i was appalled, because i was reading the whole BOOK of GOD, then when i got to the book of THE SONG OF SONGS! It was out of place. Then later on I found others scholars have felt the same.

I would never read that book in public. And I have read it only one time. And on another occasion I attempt to read it again, and alarm bells went off in my spirit! and I have not been back that way since, even to think about it "Pollutes" my spirit. To me it is going in opposite of the others Books and Letters, Poetry and all of the Wisdom Books of The Bible.

Is there any others, have had that experience with that book of Songs. "SONG of SONGS" [a.k.a Song of Solomon] Canticles.
Do you know if any, that sing those songs in church services?:eyes:

Active
I attempt to read it again, and alarm bells went off in my spirit!
Some feel that way about the book of Revelation. (Like the entire Church of the East.)

Look at the horrors that have come out of that book.

Rhema

Loyal
I do not think it should be there because it is to sensual, And it should not be in the presence of children or kids or young adults. If you even paraphrase such words in this modern day language, most christian will condemn of such phrases. 1st time i read it over 40 years age i was appalled, because i was reading the whole BOOK of GOD, then when i got to the book of THE SONG OF SONGS! It was out of place. Then later on I found others scholars have felt the same.

I would never read that book in public. And I have read it only one time. And on another occasion I attempt to read it again, and alarm bells went off in my spirit! and I have not been back that way since, even to think about it "Pollutes" my spirit. To me it is going in opposite of the others Books and Letters, Poetry and all of the Wisdom Books of The Bible.

Is there any others, have had that experience with that book of Songs. "SONG of SONGS" [a.k.a Song of Solomon] Canticles.
I will repeat this again in another way, I have never preach from the Book on The Song of SONGS or taught it in my "Pastoral " services, have any other Ordain Pastor ever read this Book in The Congregation he has Ministered to or taught from it pages.? For to me it seem "Polluted" and it Grieve the Spirit of GOD, that is in me. And i have known over 300 Pastors as friends and a great host of associated Pastors and many church layman's. But I have heard many talk about it in casual conversations but never heard about one of them teaching or addressing before the membership. or making reference to it, either in private Pastoral sessions or local assemblies .

Funny not one would bring it up either, concerning using it as a "text". as I can remember. Now i know about the controversy arriving around its controversy concerning its canonicity. Every 1st, year seminary student knows about that argument concerning The canon of Scripture, relating to That Book.

Staff Member

@PloughBoy
Greetings,

please excuse me, but i am a little confused,,,,

"I took up speech classes in regular college and "Poetry" and use the "BIBLE" but change some of the words to use in my public appearances, LOL ! They love it and I got all A plus, I was giving them JESUS and they love it. "Rose of Sharron" "Lilly of The VALLEY" "Channel Number 5" " breast like Pomegranate" " let her Buxom satisfy you at all times' " her lips smoother than oil" The teachers love me! They did not know all that stuff was in the BIBLE!

You have to learn how to follow the "HOLY SPIRIT" and know the Difference in your spirit and the "HOLY SPIRIT" and OTHER "SPIRITS' a good "spirit" is not "The HOLY SPIRIT" a feel good spirit os not "THE Holy SPIRIT" it takes years to follow the HOLY Spirit in Your writings in your speaking, in your lecturing and in your "PREACHING". The HOLY SPIRT teaches us which way to speak and how to speak it. on different occasion. It Always agree with the WORD of GOD so while you are speaking you are searching the SCRIPTURES at the same time, whether the things you are speaking is in agreement with THE WORD Of GOD, YOUR "SPIRITUAL mind scans the whole BIBLE in a Twinkling of an eye.

and regarding this,
I do not think it should be there because it is to sensual, And it should not be in the presence of children or kids or young adults

do you mind if i ask, what about Ezekiel chapter 23? Do you suggest that it should not be in the Bible?

I have noticed here and there in the forums that you have quite definitely urged others, even those seeking Christ, to read the whole Bible, but never did you suggest that they should bypass The Song of Solomon/Song of Songs nor Ezekiel 23 or other passages in the Bible that allude to anything that might be read the wrong way or be' too adult' in content.

Come to think about it, if all that is to be omitted, surely naked men nailed to crosses to die agonizing deaths, is also too much? In fact, probably best not to even start reading the Bible. There is far too much adult content that even adults could have nightmares about.

I am asking for some clarification, if possible, because other readers here might find it confusing, also... and how will they know what to trust about what you tell them?

By the way, in the Bible i don't think there is any reference to, " breast like Pomegranate"
and i do not think most would agree that, " her lips smoother than oil" is something recommended but the term/phrase regarding lips being smoother than oil [and like wording] is always about warning and about God's wrath for such smooth talkers.

Thread Title:
Personally I do not think that "Song of Songs" should be a part of The Canons of Scripture what do you think

I have never preach from the Book on The Song of SONGS or taught it in my "Pastoral " services,

again, why would you:

They love it and I got all A plus, I was giving them JESUS and they love it. "Rose of Sharron" "Lilly of The VALLEY"

For to me it seem "Polluted" and it Grieve the Spirit of GOD, that is in me.

I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
Song of Songs 2:1

My beloved is mine and I am his; he pastures his flock among the lilies.
Song of Songs 2:16

His banner over me is love.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
The Song of Solomon does what it is intended to do. I feel that romantic, physical intimacy is created by God. He wants us to feel physical attraction for our spouses.
Sex and intimacy aren't bad things. (What was the first thing God told them to do? Go and multiply). They are only bad when done out of Biblical marriage.
The marriage bed is honorable. It seems that God intended for us to enjoy it.

Loyal
And there are strong echoes of the Garden of Eden throughout. Many of the poems are set in gardens; the lover and beloved are totally vulnerable to each other, yet unashamed and unafraid.

Much like Eden, and completely unlike the lands to the east of Eden.

Active
By the way, in the Bible i don't think there is any reference to, " breast like Pomegranate"
The LXX is much less confusing than the KJV.

Thy lips are as a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: like the rind of a pomegranate is thy cheek without thy veil.​
(Song of Solomon 4:3 Brenton)​

The "blushing bride" is a phrase older than we think.

and i do not think most would agree that, " her lips smoother than oil" is something recommended
Thy lips drop honeycomb, my spouse: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is as the smell of Libanus.​
(Song of Solomon 4:11 Brenton)​

For the lips of a harlot are like a honeycomb dropping, and her throat is smoother than oil.​
(Proverbs 5:3 DRB)​

Rhema

PS: Rather interesting that the Amish area of Pennsylvania has towns named - Blue Ball, Virginville, Bird in Hand, ... (and can I even mention Intercourse, PA?).

Loyal

OK, sorry i could not put these words in "laymen" terms. for the layman. But I will only address this issue lightly and not go into great detail, for it only confuses the layman.
1. the title Thread mentions, "I do not THINK that the "Song of Songs" should be a PART of the "CANON of SCRIPTURE" I NEVER , deny it wasn't Scripture.
2.. If any one ever read the The Whole BIBle A Number of Times and each time in short period of time like a week or 2, can see that the "parity" of The songs that "Solomon" song to one of His 300 "Concubines' or one his "700" wives. The SHULAMITE GIRL [YOUNG GIRL] WHAT IS SHE 15, 16, 17,
years old?
3. GOD'S NAME IS
Not once mention in that book of Songs written by Solomon for one of his thousand of women that belong to him. Whom he build 100's of Temples honor the gods they served.

4. It is in a different class "I think" than the other "Poetry and Wisdom" categories of "The Canon of Scripture" of The "66' books of The Protestant Faith who declares its "Canonicity".

5. NON- Canonical Books is "scripture"
"Pseudepigrapha" books is "scripture"
6. We use to use the term: "HOLY SCRIPTURE" meaning was; The Original Copied Manuscript of the WORDS GOD SPOKE" and that is not a translation.

SORRY, but now days when you speak to christians , they proclaim they know it all. So many of us speaks in a universal language concerning "Biblical Terminology" for it is a universal language concerning Biblical Truth that we may be one. Although many of us are from, different denominations but we are one! If i say I am "Calvinistic" or i am of The Arminianism persuasion or "Pelagian, Semi-Pelagian" in my Biblical thinking. It is done. Then we are involve in a understanding Dialogue if we are Truly "Born from Above" Children of GOD! One who is religious only, cannot come to agreement no matter what, if they are not "BORN from ABOVE" the Word of GOD has declared that, not me! And those who are only religious can not except That "Truth" for it is impossible for them to. They Cannot see The Kingdom of GOD! No matter how much they muster up belief or read.

So this is, as far as i will go with this, For many "Biblical Terminologies" are not understood, for it will only created more discrepancies in plain truths by the "Etymology" of words. And not by the readers fault.

I am not here to harm anyone. But to engage many to read their Bibles [ a good and excellent Translation of The Bible text] and be total engulf in their total being. Transfer from its pages into their very soul, in a most excellent way. :pensive:

For is more important to you, than to those who you engage.:pensive:

There are a lot more reasons that i will not address here on talk Jesus about The Canonicity of "The Song of Songs" song by Solomon. And The "HOLY SCRIPTURE" has lead me to this point' And i have never cast if off from being "Scripture"! The "Canonicity" that is address here. And it seems no one, so far can address that or give adequate understanding at first glance of what i was addressing.:pensive:

So if anyone missed the 1st mark i was addressing , I don't think, it can recover, for the seed of thought has been planted and water by some into a different direction all though many have read "The Book" in content as a whole and never saw this "Discrepancy" or they push it off. But been lead by others to "spiritualize' it into one's imagination'.:pensive:

This Song Book is different than The SONGS written in The BOOK of SONGS [Psalms].
To me There is no "Wisdom" written in this Book at ALL, in par of The WISDOM & Poetry Books of "JOB", "Psalms", "Proverbs", "Ecclesiastes".
Every one of the BOOKS in The Translated Bible The KJV 1967 NSRB and The NIV TCRB 1984 is written on The Tablets of my heart [soul] except the "SONG of SONGS" song by "SOLOMON" i have read it once through, but it is not stamp upon my soul.:pensive: But it is recorded upon my mind, in my Brain.:pensive: So if i need it , The "HOLY SPIRIT" of GOD will Bring it to My Remembrance when needed.:pensive:.........Now i am, a big enough of a Fool to believe that "TRUTH"!

American Standard Version
But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

PS. So i hope i have made myself clear to some. And i know i have not to all. For I am a "Strange" person.:pensive:
and i am like a Tree, planted by The Rivers of Waters i cannot be move. :pensive: So help me GOD! "LUTHER"

If one believes other wise, so be it. I am not in fight with another's. beliefs, so may they speak.

Loyal
I have had "PASTORS" shout me down in public saying that is not in "The BIBLE" and I have read it most likely over hundreds of times. And some members quietly, would shake or bow their heads verifying that it is. "I felt GOD revealed to me over 40 years ago, They have not read "The BOOK" it took me a long time to settle into that truth. :pensive: They have read parts of scripture all over the Book, a little here and a little here, and favorite portions of scriptures, they buy sermons, they don't read much. It took a long time to receive that truth. "By Their Fruits, you will know them":eyes:

Loyal
If those who are strong and take not offense in strong "APOLOGETICS" but find no harm in "Contending" for The Faith. Who can "Gird" up The Armor of GOD! And engage by the Use of The WORD of GOD and not the words of a mortal man! And do not mind The Wounds of Friend! Instead of The Kisses of an Enemy. :pensive: In the name of love........"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,":pensive:

"The wounds of a friend are faithful,but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. ..The soul that is full loathes honey, but to a hungry soul, any bitter thing is sweet.…"

Proverbs 10:18
He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

"And while they were at the great stone in Gibeon, Amasa joined them. Now Joab was dressed in military attire, with a dagger strapped to his belt. And as he stepped forward, he slipped the dagger from its sheath. “Are you well, my brother?” Joab asked Amasa. And with his right hand Joab grabbed Amasa by the beard to kiss him. ...Amasa was not on guard against the dagger in Joab’s hand, and Joab stabbed him in the stomach and spilled out his intestines on the ground. And Joab did not need to strike him again, for Amasa was dead.":pensive:

And we all know the story of "JOAB" and his history and what happen to "Joab" The Chief Commander of Kings David's ARMY" A "Commando"! he was.:pensive:

Active
I do not THINK that the "Song of Songs" should be a PART of the "CANON of SCRIPTURE" I NEVER , deny it wasn't Scripture.
That's what canon means, PloughBoy, whether something is or isn't thought to be scripture.

Seriously, dude. (Own it.)

Rhema

Active
God made the sexes . God created us as sexual beings . Sex in marriage, one man and one woman, is not sin... What @PloughBoy do you say about the Ruth? Or that Rahab the hooker helped save the Jews, or Children of Israel

Active
God made the sexes . God created us as sexual beings . Sex in marriage, one man and one woman, is not sin... What @PloughBoy do you say about the Ruth? Or that Rahab the hooker helped save the Jews, or Children of Israel. I forgot about Leah and Racheal yikes i now remember Lot and his daughters ..

Loyal
God made the sexes . God created us as sexual beings . Sex in marriage, one man and one woman, is not sin... What @PloughBoy do you say about the Ruth? Or that Rahab the hooker helped save the Jews, or Children of Israel
Well those women and Lot's daughters are "JESUS Christ" maternal "Great...etc Grand mothers.

Active
Well those women and Lot's daughters are "JESUS Christ" maternal "Great...etc Grand mothers.
Actually, PloughBoy, there's no reason to believe that the Holy Ghost used any of Mary's DNA when fashioning the genome of Jesus.

Rhema

Loyal
I do not know where christians is getting the notion that I am against The Creation of GOD. Or The "SOVEREIGNTY" of GOD or against HIS "CHRIST" i am not anti-Christ I am for-Christ. Not anti- Christ. But it seems many have taken the notion that i am anti-WORD of GOD by The assessment of their words directed at me. And to be less of what i am, i would consider myself an "Enemy of GOD" :pensive: but a friend to many.:pensive:

Loyal
Yes they are so ?
I am not a enemy of GOD's Word, you ask a question I answered. I cannot help you hate my answer, and it does not suit you.:pensive:
You ask this question of me.
"What @PloughBoy do you say about the Ruth? Or that Rahab the hooker helped save the Jews, or Children of Israel"

My Answer:
PloughBoy said:

Who is JESUS CHRIST? "THE SALVATION of GOD"! No Matter what i say, it is still not good enough for most Christians:pensive:

And a lot of people wonder why christianity is on the decline and a lot of our children do not want to have nothing to do with it.:pensive:

The Prophecy of Simeon
…29“Sovereign Lord, as You have promised, You now dismiss Your servant in peace. 30For myeyes have seen Your salvation, 31which You have prepared in the sight of all people, :pensive:

Last edited:
Loyal
You know what, i am not answering no ones question any more, A lot of people just want to fight and hate, instead of searching for the Truth in Gods WORD. Sorry i am not into that. I am getting too old<to just repeat the same Sunday School elementary materials that was taught when we where 4- 10 years old in church.

"Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God, ...instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.":pensive:

For we are getting no were, Next year it will be the same thing, over and over, and never getting to the "Promise LAND" A perfect "Biblical Motif" :pensive:
Getting no more further that the gate. And satisfied.