Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Pen Pals

Chad

Administrator
Staff Member
Pen Pals

- June 14, 2005

"I thank my God every time I remember you in all my prayers... "Philippians 1:3

A long time ago, in elementary school, I vaguely recall a class project where we all had pen pals in another country. Summer vacations and trips, too, provided opportunities for pen pals for my sister and me. The letters would fly back and forth for a few months with our new best friends.

A couple of years ago I received an email from Deborah B., a reply to an inspirational message posted on the Internet. Deborah wrote a lengthy, encouraging note. I was drawn to her, and to her spirit.

So I emailed her back. Thus began a special friendship with someone I know only through correspondence. Someday we will meet; meanwhile we write about our families, our work, and our faith. It never ceases to amaze me how she continually blesses me with her insightful comments and prayers. It is as though the Lord himself speaks through her at times.

There's another person I've not yet met who also blesses me in measureless ways. His name used to be Saul. After some interesting experiences, God changed it to Paul. He wrote these epistles that are in the Bible. Sometimes I think he wrote the letters just for me.

The Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Now there is my forever pen pal. Thank you Lord!

Contributed by Sally I. Kennedy. Sally is the author of "52 Little Parables from Ireland" Creation House Press.

Thats Pretty Cool ! That was a Great story . I feel this body pulling together ! The anointing here has been great . I pray God will continue pouring out his Spirit through all the Members ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

I agree with Bod here Chad in Prayer and about yor post Chad.

I agree with Bod here Chad in Prayer and about your post Chad.

Jesus LOVES us, yes I know because he has told us so in so many ways.

By his precious blood we are redeemed.

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1Pet. 1:18-21 :thumbs_up

:love: Yeshua :boy_hug:
BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
Thats Pretty Cool ! That was a Great story . I feel this body pulling together ! The anointing here has been great . I pray God will continue pouring out his Spirit through all the Members ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Back