• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Peer pressure

What exactly are you refering to? Do you mean like friends who bother you about not doing certain things (like that don't honor God) and put unneeded pressure on you?

Yeah, In general, do you get to choose your freinds (if they are christians or non believers) or are they your freinds by chance? Do you tell them about the Lord? Do you rebuke them when they do ungodly things?.... etc

Most of my friends as far as I know are believers. We do talk of the Lord a lot especially my close girlfriends (ya know friends that are girls). There are some though that I haven't yet really spoken of things that pertain to Christianity of which I am ashamed to say. It should be so easy for me to open up about my Lord to anyone but at times it seems hard. I'm sure you understand. I hope this helps a little at least.

All of my friends are Christians, but not all of them understand the Scripture as well as I do. In fact one of the girls who used to be my best friend are now just like all the other girls. It hurt a lot when she decided to fall in like that, but they make her feel good about herself and she likes it. I am nice to the girls who cause the peer pressure, but I choose not to spend too much time with them. Peer Pressure has caused me to lose my best friend. Now I often times feel a lone. I'm basicly like this :girl: when it comes to best friends now. They would rather listen to another girl gossiping than listen to me talk about my weekend or a funny time that we shared together. Thats o.k though cause I know God has a better best friend for me. Just remember that everybody falls, but there is always a way out of the mess. Just ask God for help and He will help.

Last edited:
Christine . I know how hard it is for you to lose friends because of your standing for Jesus . You are a very brave and blessed young woman . :love: :boy_hug: You know who .

It is very hard at school, people may not like you because you show you beleve in God. Some people can be so crul to lights in there school.

God bless you heavensound, I envy you! It takes courage to stand out like that.
I have also what the world calls christian freinds but as you said, not really. I want to tell them more about Jesus but most of them just already know it and there is just so little to say to them. I mean they have been going to church most of their lives and would know everything I would say to them. I try to take my freinds to fellowship programs and everything... still though I am very scared of being influenced, I am just too attached to my friends!

I know how you feel Jesus' always. most of my true friends know ABOUT God but they dont really KNOW God, so speaking to them about what they are doing doesnt really help. I am also very attached to my friends but they dont influence me that much(in a bad way). And Heavensound, i evny you too.

Jesus's always said:
How do you handle your freinds? Do you choose your friends?:boy_hug: :girl_hug:

:love: Hi! Here is a message that I received from another Christian group & I hope will help answer your question.

Fifteen-year-old Robin started smoking, not because she wanted to, but because everyone else did. She recalls: "Later on I began to think, 'I don't like it. Why am I doing it?' So I don't anymore." By thinking for herself, she was able to stand up to her peers!
:love: Appropriately, then, the Bible urges youths to develop "knowledge & thinking ability." (Proverbs 1:1-5) One with thinking ability does not have to lean upon inexperienced peers for direction. At the same time, that one does not become self-confident & ignore the opinions of others. (Proverbs 14:16) He or she is willing to "listen to counsel & accept discipline" so as to become wise."--Proverbs 19:20.
:love: Don't be surprised, though, if you are disliked or even put down for using your thinking faculties. "The man [or woman] of thinking abilities is hated," says Proverbs 14:17.
:love: But really, who has more strength, those who give in to their passions & emotions or those who can say no to improper desires? (Compare Proverbs 16:32.) Where are those who ridicule you headed in life? Is that where you want your life to end up also? Could it be that such ones are simply jealous of you & are covering up their own insecurity by putting you down? Think twice!

Last edited:
You see, what I mean about getting influenced is not as in I would start smoking and doing drugs and everything. My freinds arenot like that. But still, I am a different person (as in not as attached to God as I should be) when I am arround them.
But anyway, I believe good charachters rub off and I desperately want to rub the Lord on them and make them see him as I do.
God bless you all. I know he will give us strength.

Jesus's always said:
You see, what I mean about getting influenced is not as in I would start smoking and doing drugs and everything. My freinds arenot like that. But still, I am a different person (as in not as attached to God as I should be) when I am arround them.
But anyway, I believe good charachters rub off and I desperately want to rub the Lord on them and make them see him as I do.
God bless you all. I know he will give us strength.
Having the strength to stand up to peer pressure!
"The fear of man bringeth a snare; (But whoso putteth his trust in Jehovah shall be safe.)" says
Proverbs 29:25. In Bible times, a snare could quickly trap any unsuspecting animal that grabbed its bait. Today, the desire to be accepted by your pears can likewise serve as bait. It can lure you into the trap of violating proper (godly) standards. How, often, then, can you escape - or avoid - the snare of the fear of man?
:love: First, choose your friends carefully!(
Proverbs 13:20 ) Associate with those who have (proper) Christian values & standards. True, this limits your friendships. As one teenager says:"When I didn't go along others in school, with their ideas on drugs & sex, they soon left me alone. Although this lifted a lot of pressure off me to conform, it did make me feel a little lonesome." But it is better to suffer some loneliness than to let peers influence & drag you down morally & spiritually. Association within one's family & within a Christian Church {or Congregation} can help fill the vacuum of loneliness.
:love: Listening to your parents also helps you resist peer pressure.(
Proverbs 23:22) They are likely working hard to teach you proper values. One young girl said: "My parents were firm with me. I didn't like it at times, but I'm glad they put their foot down & limited my associations." Because of that parental help, she did not give into pressure to use drugs & engage in sex, or any other immoral activities.
Teen adviser Beth Winship further observes:
"Adolescents who are good at something feel important in their own right. They don't have to depend on peer approval for a good self-image." Why not, then, strive to be skillful & competent in what you do at school & around the house? A true young Christian that loves The Almighty GOD, loves Jesus Christ & His teachings, also particularly strive to be 'workmen with nothing to be a shamed of, handling the word of truth aright' in their Christian ministry.-- 2Timothy 2:15.

Last edited:
Peer Pressure is such a terrible thing to deal with . Adults run into the same thing . Be all God called you to be and pray alway's . Peace and strength to you all . MikeT4G

hi frens it has been a wondrful time here.......reading all ur msgs i was really blessd.....fine jus i wan 2 impress upon u somethings which i understood out of personal experience.............remember we r in the world we cant b...taken out any where....and kept seperate...but while dealing wid ur frens..plz never always think only believers should b ur frens .....deal with them in a very frendly way..jesus jimself had many sinners as his frens...but never ever compromise wid them regardin sin..... u no need 2 directly startoff telling them about christ...but first show and say....show them ur luv..ur patience.....ur undrstandin....ur holiness....den they themselves will surely ask u the reason......coz ur testimony among them and ur personal relationship wid god is sooo important.....bye frens