• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Peeling scabs

Is it okay that I peel my scabs?
Sometimes I'll come across a cut on my body and it will make me feel weird having a hard part on me..is it okay to peel it? Scabs are fun to peel.

In older people, they have wounds that do not heal.

My mother in law is wrapped in bandages, been to the wound doctor and all they can do is spray her with wound wash and rebandage her.

Your skin is a barrier to disease so removing it makes your barrier less effective.

Loyal
A scab is a wound trying to heal. Let the healing process work. Find something to have fun with.

Loyal
Thanks for the compliment -- but I'm just another human being like you are. I'm a born again believer human being. Trust that you are, too. :)

Loyal
Sometimes I'll come across a cut on my body and it will make me feel weird having a hard part on me..is it okay to peel it? Scabs are fun to peel.

Will share something -- for a long time , my late husband picked scabs -- usually small cuts on his arms -- he was a handiman around our house -- never used gloves and rarely wore shirts with sleeves. Cuts and scrapes were normal. But it was the picking of those healing scabs that bothered me. Since his passing -- he had problems with PTSD. I learned that picking those scabs was an inner thing. his release of inner tension that he felt almost compelled to do. So you Might want to ask yourself Why you pick at those scabs of yours?! Sometimes our 'inner person' needs healing.

Staff Member
Sometimes our 'inner person' needs healing.

Greetings Sue,

i think in fairness, always is what you meant, and that goes for everyone! And that Healing comes from God alone through Jesus His Son, all glory and praise to Him!!

Bless you ....><>

Will share something -- for a long time , my late husband picked scabs -- usually small cuts on his arms -- he was a handiman around our house -- never used gloves and rarely wore shirts with sleeves. Cuts and scrapes were normal. But it was the picking of those healing scabs that bothered me. Since his passing -- he had problems with PTSD. I learned that picking those scabs was an inner thing. his release of inner tension that he felt almost compelled to do. So you Might want to ask yourself Why you pick at those scabs of yours?! Sometimes our 'inner person' needs healing.
What could tension mean for me?

Loyal
Hello @RebornInChrist,

My grandson, who shares the same conditions as yourself, aged 24, does the same thing, usually on his scalp. I think, as @Sue D has said, it is a form of release of tensions. It would be good if you could find another means of release for those tensions, something that you find fun to do, as she said, and which is not liable to bring infection, which picking those scabs can do.

With love in Christ Jesus
our Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited: