• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Parallel prophecies.

Loyal
A parallel prophecy is a passage in the Bible that is talking about two different people and or events in the same passage. Often the fact that is is parallel prophecy might be hidden,
but often it is obvious

This is something easier to give examples for than to explain. There are dozens of these in the Bible.

Is this passage about the king of Tyre, Satan, or both? Sometimes the wording dances around so it's hard to tell.

Ezek 28:11; Again the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Ezek 28:12; "Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "You had the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
Ezek 28:13; "You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The ruby, the topaz and the diamond; The beryl, the onyx and the jasper; The lapis lazuli, the turquoise and the emerald; And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets, Was in you. On the day that you were created They were prepared.
Ezek 28:14; "You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:15; "You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you.
Ezek 28:16; "By the abundance of your trade You were internally filled with violence, And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane From the mountain of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:17; "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I put you before kings, That they may see you.
Ezek 28:18; "By the multitude of your iniquities, In the unrighteousness of your trade You profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you; It has consumed you, And I have turned you to ashes on the earth In the eyes of all who see you.
Ezek 28:19; "All who know you among the peoples Are appalled at you; You have become terrified And you will cease to be forever."'"

Verse 12 identifies "the king of Tyre". Now I believe there really was a human person who was the king of Tyre. Tyre was a ancient nation, it is still a large city in Lebanon even today.
But then it switches over to someone who was "in Eden, the garden of God". So the king of Tyre is the same person, he is over 4,000 years old when this was written.
In verse 14 it says you were the anointed cherub (angel) Verse 16 also calls this being a cherub (angel) that was cast from the mountain of God.

So we know Satan was also once in heaven and was cast out. So is this passage about the King of Tyre or Satan, or both?

.. more examples coming.