• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Overwhelmed Anger

Administrator
Staff Member
Not sure where to begin but please keep in mind I'm in a furious mood right now so don't let my words get to you in a negative way. An angry mind is not a healthy mind. But I am who I am.

Last week I found out my 19 yr old cousin (male) started dealing drugs. I felt pretty angry but it didn't really bother me (it did, but not like the way it did today...)

Today, I went to pickup my friend who lives across the street from my cousin, down the block a bit (few houses down). It was night time and my cousin most likely didn't notice me waiting in my car. Well, I surely noticed 4 or 5 cards in front of his house and the dealing in action.

Suddenly I became overwhelmed with an angry feeling inside of me. I felt like walking over there and beating every single one of them to a bloody pulp leaving them lying on the floor to teach them a lesson not to do their dirty drugs in this neighborhood. It was only an hour before that a shootout happened in our same town, not to mention hearing sad news today about a train derailing and the plane crash in CA.

My cousin is such a lazy fool, now what does he do? He's driving a nearly brand new BMW M3 ($35k). Funny isn't it? What angers me so much this easily? Let us top it off with this. His own parents, my aunt/uncle have caused my family lots of grief since '88 / '89. My father literally paid for their house and they lived under my father's expense for 17yrs! Now, they finally bought the house for such dirt cheap rate and then what happens next? My father suddenly has a warrant for lacking a license for the pool in THEIR house which they refused to pay up and acknowledge the renewal (or whatever the case was).

This shows you how utterlly disgusted I am. I used to have pity on my family now I am ready to crush every one of them with my own fist and publicly expose my cousin. They know exactly what their lazy foolish son is doing in front of their house and they do what? Nothing.

GOD is my witness today I felt like a bomb ready to explode and wake up the entire neighborhood. I had a reason to be angry. I am not authority to walk around beating people for dealing drugs in the neighborhood but you get the idea that a strong beleiver like myself who has a past of being short tempered does not take these things lightly one bit or another.

I don't know what to ask for. I feel annoyed to even ask for prayer. I will ask anyway. Pray that GOD exposes him so that he may learn his lesson and have a change of heart. Pray that GOD will calm me down so much that I don't even utter a word and expose my own cousin to the police and publicly. Because I am ready to do more than expose him. I am ready to shatter him on the spot. Enough is enough! We do not need DRUGS and drug dealers sporting their ill gotten luxury car in this neighborhood!

GOD is my witness.

Chad, I will be praying. But I have to ask...what would be so wrong in exposing your cousin for the illegal activity he is doing? Maybe you were allowed to see this so it can be dealt with in the proper manner by the police. It could be a way to prevent someone innocent from being hurt.

It may not be that any action you take right now is something that will help your cousin as far as ministering to him, but rather that it will offer protection for others before they become entangled (or further entangled) in the drug world.

You may not be the one who can minister to your cousin...but God definitely allowed you to see what happened for a reason. Pray that He will reveal that reason to you.

Rom 12:16 [Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hi Brother Chad: It would be best to do this according to the word.
Also... we are told to not entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life.

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Paul the apostle had a coppersmith who did him much evil...all Paul said was God will reward him according to his works.

2Ti 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Praise God Brother, let God handle your problems.

Will be praying for you Brother

Chad . First off I want to thank you for bringing this out to us for prayer . Anger is not a bad thing but rather a human emotion . All the scripture in the world will not take away the anger you feel at this time .

When betrayal happens , we feel both hurt and angry . But when our own family betrays us , that hurt and anger goes right through our bones ! I myself had to bann my own flesh and blood from TalkJesus for the cause of Christ here . You know how I felt about that when we talked about it .

I knew all the scriptures , but the anger would not go away . Just yesterday , one of my closest brothers in the Lord , who when I met him , was crawling on his hands and knees , told me that we can no longer be friends because I have chosen to serve at TalkJesus , instead of traveling around teaching the gospel .

He told me that I waste my time at a rinky - dink website that has caused me to become a lier and he feels sorry for all who are a part of anything I do here . Chad , he has never even seen this site , not even one time !

When I met this man , he had no job and was trying to cut grass to make a living . He was 51 years old then . Since then , God has allowed what he entrusted to me with my job , to give him employment , and at January , he was made a Supervisor over the fields and parks dept. !

Now he is on his high horse , and I am not needed anymore and not only that , but I am a devil too ! This devastated me with such hurt at first , that I had to take anxiety meds to feel better . Then I became very , very angry that this level of arrogance could be said to me from a man who crawled into my life on beggars knees !

Well Chad , the truth is , that I would help him again , and I am still praying for my brother . The anger does not go away at first . But understanding why you were saved helps you not sin against God in your anger . You were bought with a price . That price was Jesus Christ Blood .

Now you represent him in all you say and do . Be angry brother , and sin not ! Today , I will go to work and face that same guy . He will not see an angry servant of God . He will see that his curse against me found no home and according to the word of God , that curse must go back to the person who spoke it and rest upon their own head !

God saved you to be a light to your family . You are right in your anger . But that is as far as God will allow you to go . Remember , that if you pummel your cousin with punches . Every hit would be a strike against yourself . And every word in anger , will only darken your own light .

Walk on water brother as Jesus desires for you . The others will sink into the depths of their sins . But when they cry out for mercy , God will look to you as he did Jesus to grab them by the hand , and be his light of forgiveness , and God will uphold you both by his mighty word ! Mike

FellowServant, I am confused by your statement that "we are not to entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life." So if I am to understand this statement that if we see evil we should not step in to stop it?
The reason that I am confused is because if I see evil (kid beating another kid) I will step in, if I see someone breaking into someone's house I will most certainly step in, if I see someone acting illegally I will step in.
Please help me understand, thank you.
I am asking this for info sake/understanding none other, I would hate for some to take my question in the wrong way to cause division as it is easily done on the internet.

hmmm. . .

Sapphire said:
Chad, I will be praying. But I have to ask...what would be so wrong in exposing your cousin for the illegal activity he is doing? Maybe you were allowed to see this so it can be dealt with in the proper manner by the police. It could be a way to prevent someone innocent from being hurt.

It may not be that any action you take right now is something that will help your cousin as far as ministering to him, but rather that it will offer protection for others before they become entangled (or further entangled) in the drug world.

You may not be the one who can minister to your cousin...but God definitely allowed you to see what happened for a reason. Pray that He will reveal that reason to you.

Hey Chad, I was kinda thinkin the same thing. . .God allowed you to see it for a reason. . .im thinkin your supposed to love your neighbor as yourself. . .but if your neighbor or a workbuddy would do it you might pull the consequences faster because its not family. . .well . . .for being responsible before God your supposed to love your family as well as your neighbor and be fair and godly with the other decisions too. . .especially illegal stuff??

im thinkin if anybody has been given their own free will from God . . .and your cousin had the wonderful opportunity to have a christian in the family where he could have chosen better by seeing different in his own family. . .then he has to accept his receipt for his actions too. . .like sparky said. . calm down. .. then call in. . .

for the sake of the many children he provides the drugs for . ..jail might be his saving wake-up call for himself!!

this came to my head as well:

Do Not Love the World
15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

and I copy what I wrote to you. . not knowing you had an extra thread in prayer closet. . . i wrote it in BellaRose's thread in Lounge:

and Chad, brother, I love you and pray for you too :love:
Just so you know that!!!
Every time I hear this song I send you "Bad day" from Daniel Powter. . .I think of you having many many heavy days. . .who picks you up when you fall down. . .where do you run home to when the day is over, Bless you sweet brother. . .I will strenghten your back too. . .Thank you for pressing on and providing TJ for us :love:

your sis in Christ, Dot

Administrator
Staff Member
God bless you all!

Thank you for your advice and prayers. I truly appreciate all of you and your prayers.

Wow Chad...I understand your anger and I will keep you in my prayers....My ex husband was a drug addict and unfortunately still is I tried to help (I pray that your family will see the light in regards to their own son before it is too late...) God bless you and keep you safe always....

Ariel

mymakersdaughter said:
FellowServant, I am confused by your statement that "we are not to entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life." So if I am to understand this statement that if we see evil we should not step in to stop it?
The reason that I am confused is because if I see evil (kid beating another kid) I will step in, if I see someone breaking into someone's house I will most certainly step in, if I see someone acting illegally I will step in.
I am asking this for info sake/understanding none other, I would hate for some to take my question in the wrong way to cause division as it is easily done on the internet.

Brother Chad,
As i have always said: you are always in my prayers.. i know first hand the betrayal from my very own sister who turned loose and is still a crack addict. You my brother..must let the authority of God play on this thing... Your cousin may drop out of crime like this soon enough...reporting him may make things worse... the things people do for evil willnot prosper..do not be angry to sin...you may be angry yes.
We MUST realise...even mothers brothers and fathers and sisters who do not have christ will dwell eternally in hell. that is the realistic outlook from the word of God..the greatest thing you can do is become saved and SHARE the love and forgivness to others..WITHER they accept the word or not is not your problem..brother or cousin or whomever..you , I, are not God.
Be angry..but pray..and go to him...let him know..he is on a dead end street.
You must look beyond the physical flesh attitude you have towards your cousin..bring him love and understanding..not fists of fury!
Be at peace bro.
We all screw up a bit..for liars , thieves ..such as these were we once!
That is why God sent Jesus into this world..because man served himself and demons.
Look at this from a GODLY perspective..this is a test to you..apply every word you know from God and APPLY it with love...then let your cousin know how you really feel..
I told my sister..if she continued in crack..i would no longer deal with her.
As of today..she is in my prayers and OUT of my hands..because she chooses to STAY IN SIN.
we are only human with a powerful God above...let HIM deal with your cousin.
God bless.
KEEP LOOKING UP BRO..KEEP LOOKING UP.
AL

Dearest Brother Chad,
Knight 1 here: I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I know the anger and heartache of seeing one of your relatives doing something that you know will harm them and them being to stiffnecked and hard hearted to even realize what they are doing or the damage that they cause. Turn your righteous anger in the way of spiritual warfare and by the blood of Jesus command the spirit of lust for power and money, and the spirit of bondage and corruption to be bound from functioning in the life of your cousin. Loose the spirit of liberty and adoption. Don't give the Devil an inch! Prayer as you know is very powerful. Take your stand on the word of God, boldly proclaim it's promises! Bombard heaven with the word on behalf of your cousin and his family.
There is a time to seek earthly counsel and police or the justice system, then their are times (all times really) that we must seek the highest court in the land and loose the powers of our God to do the fighting for us! I will be praying for you my friend in Christ. Be of good cheer. There is a payday for everyone. Those who choose to do evil will not get away with it forever!
The peace of our Lord be with you.
Knight 1

I don't see why you don't expose him.

I don't see why you don't expose him.

I will pray for you and for everyone involved in that situation.

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. Matt. 12:50

We are to spread love by covering a matter that has been repented of and thus forgiven. We are not to let darkness remain out of the light.

Last edited:
Do not let others compromise your witness

Chad said:
Not sure where to begin but please keep in mind I'm in a furious mood right now so don't let my words get to you in a negative way. An angry mind is not a healthy mind. But I am who I am.

Last week I found out my 19 yr old cousin (male) started dealing drugs. I felt pretty angry but it didn't really bother me (it did, but not like the way it did today...)

Today, I went to pickup my friend who lives across the street from my cousin, down the block a bit (few houses down). It was night time and my cousin most likely didn't notice me waiting in my car. Well, I surely noticed 4 or 5 cards in front of his house and the dealing in action.

Suddenly I became overwhelmed with an angry feeling inside of me. I felt like walking over there and beating every single one of them to a bloody pulp leaving them lying on the floor to teach them a lesson not to do their dirty drugs in this neighborhood. It was only an hour before that a shootout happened in our same town, not to mention hearing sad news today about a train derailing and the plane crash in CA.

My cousin is such a lazy fool, now what does he do? He's driving a nearly brand new BMW M3 ($35k). Funny isn't it? What angers me so much this easily? Let us top it off with this. His own parents, my aunt/uncle have caused my family lots of grief since '88 / '89. My father literally paid for their house and they lived under my father's expense for 17yrs! Now, they finally bought the house for such dirt cheap rate and then what happens next? My father suddenly has a warrant for lacking a license for the pool in THEIR house which they refused to pay up and acknowledge the renewal (or whatever the case was).

This shows you how utterlly disgusted I am. I used to have pity on my family now I am ready to crush every one of them with my own fist and publicly expose my cousin. They know exactly what their lazy foolish son is doing in front of their house and they do what? Nothing.

GOD is my witness today I felt like a bomb ready to explode and wake up the entire neighborhood. I had a reason to be angry. I am not authority to walk around beating people for dealing drugs in the neighborhood but you get the idea that a strong beleiver like myself who has a past of being short tempered does not take these things lightly one bit or another.

I don't know what to ask for. I feel annoyed to even ask for prayer. I will ask anyway. Pray that GOD exposes him so that he may learn his lesson and have a change of heart. Pray that GOD will calm me down so much that I don't even utter a word and expose my own cousin to the police and publicly. Because I am ready to do more than expose him. I am ready to shatter him on the spot. Enough is enough! We do not need DRUGS and drug dealers sporting their ill gotten luxury car in this neighborhood!

GOD is my witness.

Well Chad >>> It looks like you have two camps.

1) Turn him in

2) Fight spiritual warfare

Vengeance and justice belong to GOD. Do not let this person destroy you or your witness by taking action yourself.

Soon enough an undercover sting will land him in jail or a bad deal will land him in the hospital or dead.

The highest thing that you can do is pray and stand on the WORD.

The lowest thing that you can do is to take action yourself and end up in prison.

Middle of the road is to turn him in before someone else blows his head off.

In any case NOBODY GETS AWAY WITH ANYTHING.

Everyone will answer to GOD, good for good, bad for bad. (GOD is not mocked)

His relatives, those that know about this are also , just as guilty. They have
the power to intervene (those in the same house), yet they do nothing.

I pray for a safe resolution, where no one gets killed, so that they can reflect on their error, repent, and turn to JESUS.

Dave :^>

Administrator
Staff Member
I am praying on this and have given a "tip" to authority as well.

Enough is enough. I am GOD's warrior and will defend Truth and justice as much as I can handle - and I can handle a lot thanks to GOD who strengthens me through Jesus Christ.

All glory to GOD

Well done chad on tipping the authorities.Many have said here leave it with god etcetcetc.I completely dissagree.God uses people to accomplish his will.Your actions may or may not have saved lives.Especially because this is a family member your actions have required courage and coviction.God bless you.

mymakersdaughter said:

You have a point there Sister: yes we can step in...but we must not sin against God in doing so. Do unto others as you would have them do to you, and of coarse the Golden rule... love your neighbor as yourself. If we see our neighbor selling drugs to our neighbor are we told by the word to turn them over into the hands of men? The drug business is a business thats why its says not to get involved with a worldly matter...we may think we are doing God service by doing so. But this is a law of the land or the laws of men, saints are not required to enforce the laws of men, we are to keep them, but only if they don't contradict the laws of God... the laws of God are our main focus.

Are we loving our neighbor as ourselfs or are we doing unto others as we would have them do to us, if we send them to prison for 5 to 8 years or more? This is a worldly matter we are totally not required to do this to our neighbor, unless their is immediate danger to lives, God will not require it of us... as the ones buying the drugs will find somewhere else to buy them. I wouldn't want to make that call Sister, especially if i have a grudge against my neighbor at the same time ...If you disagree: we will have to agree to disagree.

God bless you

Hi Chad

I am praying for you and the others involved.
But whatever we do it should always be in the right attitude and for godly motives.
I speak peace to your heart.
GBU