• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Overcome The Problems !

Make A List .
Faith And A List !

Hello brothers and sisters together in Christ . One thing I guess
you all have seen in me , I hate the devil , and I like to keep him
on the run !

Sounds great . One problem though . In myself , I can do nothing
to overcome him and his crafty lies . So I must identify the problem
and start applying my faith in Jesus Christ as my overcomer in my
behalf .

In 1 JOHN 5:4 NKJ
4 - For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is
the victory that has overcome the world our faith.

We all love to win !
Victory is sweet. One reason it's so sweet is that it's usually
not easy. Victory takes effort , often great effort.

Effort is also required in the spiritual battle of good against
evil we are all engaged in. But the effort required of us is to
maintain our attitude of faith in God and his word !

We cannot overcome the strategies of the devil by our
willpower, or by our own strength. We must use the spiritual
weapons God has provided for us.

As a child of God , you are a winner ! The victory is already
yours through what Jesus Christ did on your behalf. Don't let
the enemy steal the victory away from you.

Your enemy comes to steal your faith. Don't let it happen.
Make a list of the areas in your life that trials or struggles
have a daily effect on your moving forward in God .

Find the promises of God , and the hope you have put your
live's , family , business , health . whatever is on your plate
at the time .

Confess those promises of Gods help against all the things on ,
your list ! And when satan comes around to rage war against
your mind , you pull out that list attached with Gods word ,
and tell him why you will have the victory ! He knows it !

Satan will always come to steal your faith . Without faith
so goes your hope , and so goes Christ hedge of protection
around you ! Now you will be on his level ! You will never
overcome him on his level ! Take out the promise of God
and tell satan .... No .... in JESUS CHRIST NAME !

GBU all my brothers and sisters who carry the cross of Christ ,
and stand on the word of God . Mike

What a great idea...

Face the problems head on...

I have a good friend who always says that you should anticipate the fear when you face hard times so you are prepared. It always makes me feel stronger when he reminds me.

A list though ... wow...great idea... can we ask for answers or bible references here if we are somewhat short of biblical knowledge? Is the list private or open ?

The devil torments us. Let us stand firm.

Sleepy said:
Face the problems head on...

I have a good friend who always says that you should anticipate the fear when you face hard times so you are prepared. It always makes me feel stronger when he reminds me.

A list though ... wow...great idea... can we ask for answers or bible references here if we are somewhat short of biblical knowledge? Is the list private or open ?

The devil torments us. Let us stand firm.

Sleepy . Anything you need to know , I am sure if you posted questions , the many here who have bible knowledge will be glad to help you . Thats what our family is here for . We all love you and will help . :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Thank you

Thank you for such a warm reply brother

Are these the ones to use (above scriptures) or do you link specific scriptures to specific wobbles on your list ?

Is my answer to this thread self indulgent ?

I've gone a bit chicken now.... :embarasse

Sleepy said:
Thank you for such a warm reply brother

Are these the ones to use (above scriptures) or do you link specific scriptures to specific wobbles on your list ?

Is my answer to this thread self indulgent ?

I've gone a bit chicken now.... :embarasse

Sister . You are fine . If you want you can P.M. me any questions . But if I were you , I would try to post them in the open . You have so many brothers and sisters here who have allot to offer in the word . We all work together in Christ . Many here are more knowledgable than I am and I would hate for you to miss out on all the wisdom God has blesses talkjesus family with . :love: :boy_hug: Mike

a list

Wow brother this is a great idea! I have to say that i keep that is like a running list in my head. I have many things that I need the Lord's help with as we all! One of the things right now I am praying on is boldness.

Sleepy if there is anything I can ever help with with please feel free to contact me. I don't pretend to have alot of answers but if I don't know I will ask someone else and then we both can learn.! :love:

Joyfully ~ Jlu

Good suggestion.

Good suggestion.

Make a prayer list, write down the promises of GOD, stand on these believing and proclaiming GOD's WORD.

Dave :'> :thumbs_up

Last edited:
Very Long List .... hmph but that's everything

This has been so hard to write but posting it even harder because I am petrified of judgement and feel a lot of shame and guilt. I hope I have not offended, upset or bugged anyone with my warblings but I so desire to be free and this just spilled out. Please be gentle with me. I want to move forward in my walk and these thoughts are like a ball and chain around my feet. I am aware I am very blessed but I want to lose the negativity in my heart and push forward to serve others the best I can. I do believe I have some things to offer and if any scripture can free me from such anxieties I truly believe I will walk forward.

Okay here are my demons:

My faith

1. A bit secret, keep it hidden at times, don’t like to talk about it to most people because I don’t want to be seen as a religious nut clinging on to something because of life’s trials.

2. Don’t do church, worry about getting dragged into a strange club and been made to do stuff.

3. Feel guilty because I know the above too displease God.

4. Feel ashamed and guilty because I don’t feel like I do much to please God and if I do anything it’s not enough.

Myself and relationships

1. Cannot make choices, too worried I’ll make the wrong one this can make me very superstitious and obsessive at times.

2. Think my actions affect others so much, struggle to speak out and keep checking to see I’m not offending others this means I struggle relaxing and prefer to follow and do what others want me to do rather than taking any responsibility for choice.

3. Struggle with regret over choices I’ve made and think I’m being punished.

4. Feel responsible very quickly to people, want to please them but cut off easily if I get too close or feel I have opened up too much and only ever experience guilt never pain for myself.

5. Later the loss of friends/partners leads me to confusion, stress and regret then sadness.

6. Bounce from wanting to be surrounded by people to cutting off from them completely.

Real Big Personal Ones

1. Worry my mum won’t go to heaven, I fear I wouldn’t have done enough to find out and don’t know how I’ll cope without her here if I were to lose her.

2. Wonder if I did anything to set off her illness or make her illness worse, or lacked faith to believe she would get better

3. Fear there is no-one to stick up for me, protect or truly confide in if I have no mum. To share my future times with and will never see her again if I lose her.

4. Fear I will only find people who love me for my appearance and what I can offer them rather than who I really am.

5. Frightened I will always feel pursued by my dad and that I will always be defensive and seen as unreasonable by my close and extended family when really I just feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. I am 29 and I still feel 13 around him. He still corners me sometimes when he’s with my brother and my brother has no idea what has happened between us (sorry can’t share the words, feel protection and loyalty towards my dad despite all that’s happened I know he had a rough life). It makes me feel alone even though I am richly blessed by friends and family.

6. Feel anger towards him for pain inflicted on my mum but feel partly responsible because of my anger.

7. Feel pain for him because of how I treat him even when he tries.

8. Feel guilt for the pain I have caused my family through my angry outbursts growing up.

9. Fear I cannot be truly loved and worry my love is fickle for others as I am attached to many and I can turn off my feelings easily if need be.

10. Will I ever feel my age and be a strong adult?

And now I am truly scared…