• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

OSAS

Active
The OSAS discussion is NOT a discussion about God, it's about people.

100% about God. Only God can judge hearts and minds for a depth of intent.

Jer 17:9-11 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

People with the freedom to choose whether they choose to stay saved or not. You have a lot of opinions about God being a fool or not. Giving someone a chance doesn't make you a fool. God gives everyone a chance.

The foolish part comes in when we assume He grafts into heaven someone He will soon cast out. Especially if you consider Jer 17:9-11.

Giving all free will is a good thing. I agree, He does give this.

Otherwise people can stand before the judgment throne and say, God you never gave me a chance. Maybe some will make it, maybe some will fail.
Either way, it's not God's fault if they fail.

You don't need to taste Christianity to tick off 'having a chance'. We have God given brain matter between our ears and ever since the sin of Adam, a knowledge of good and evil Gen 3:22.
We have a 'chance' everyday we are alive.

You give an example of "fairness" which seems to be important to you, but life isn't fair.

Life may not be fair, but that is a non issue. God is fair, just and impartial Acts 10:34, Job 34:12.

You say some one could be saved for 40 or 50 years, then fall away ( the Bible gives several examples of this very thing ) and then at the end of their life they fall away. You ask how can that be fair?

By the same token, someone could be a sinner all their life, a homosexual, pedophile, murderer, satanist for 50 or 60 years. Then the last few years of their life they get saved. How is that fair?
How is that not a perversion of justice?

Well, when you put on an 'anti-OSAS' hat, both scenarios are clear perversions of justice.

When you take off that hat and put on the OSAS hat and grasp what it takes to become a Christian What is a Christian and how do you become one?, you will understand that salvation at the end of your life is not a perversion of justice. Losing your salvation after 40 years of servitude is.

Most scholars I know believe the thief on the cross was under the old covenant, he didn't go to heaven, he went to paradise. Jesus did not ascend back to heaven until after He was resurrected.

Moving goal posts, non issue.

But one thing is for sure, the thief on the cross didn't continue practicing sin for the last 4 hours of his life. He didn't have any affairs, kill anyone or steal anything.

Lucky him, right?

Instead of trying to figure out the logic of all this, you just need to accept the truth.

As a Christian it is your 'one' job to be an ambassador of God 2 Cor 5:20 and properly discern scripture. Ensuring that you are not guilty of misrepresenting God to the lost He loves and died for.

This isn't a logic thing. It's a truth thing.

Truth is logical.

BAC, your problem is that you just read verses as they are. You do not attempt to grasp context or the A-Z of a topic. Every belief you arrive at has to tick the block of God being good, just and righteous in all His ways. If it does not, and you teach your interpretation of scripture, you should be terrified of judgement day. Prophets were crystal clear on the fact that God is just and righteous in all His ways.

I have proven that an anti-OSAS belief incriminates God. You need to explain to me how it does not. You cannot merely say '''truth verse logic''. You are wasting my time with a post like this. Not a single anti-OSAS believer has posted a meaningful post in this entire thread. Not sure how the importance of defending God as just and righteous is nowhere near the top of their priority lists on a Christian discussion forum. Imagine that.

The OSAS discussion is NOT a discussion about God, it's about people. People with the freedom to choose whether they choose to stay saved or not.
You violate John 10:28-29. No, once saved you are God's -- not your own. You're in his safe hand.

You have a lot of opinions about God being a fool or not. Giving someone a chance doesn't make you a fool. God gives everyone a chance.
Otherwise people can stand before the judgment throne and say, God you never gave me a chance. Maybe some will make it, maybe some will fail.
Either way, it's not God's fault if they fail.
And when they say "you didn't give me a chance, God will point them to Romans 1:19-20. It's plain to all. People are without excuse.
You give an example of "fairness" which seems to be important to you, but life isn't fair.
You say some one could be saved for 40 or 50 years, then fall away ( the Bible gives several examples of this very thing ) and then at the end of their life they fall away. You ask how can that be fair?
They don't "fall away" from salvation. They fall away from the faith....into sin. Paul covers that in Romans 7. We have a carnal, sinful man within us. We can do bad things. Do them do much that we "fall away" from active faith. But when Paul spoke of us still sinning, gee...no mention of losing salvation.

By the same token, someone could be a sinner all their life, a homosexual, pedophile, murderer, satanist for 50 or 60 years. Then the last few years of their life they get saved. How is that fair?
How is that not a perversion of justice?
Because God gets to define his Justice. Not you.
Most scholars I know believe the thief on the cross was under the old covenant, he didn't go to heaven, he went to paradise. Jesus did not ascend back to heaven until after He was resurrected.
But one thing is for sure, the thief on the cross didn't continue practicing sin for the last 4 hours of his life. He didn't have any affairs, kill anyone or steal anything.
You're right. Paradise is not heaven. Abraham was in Paradise with Lazarus. That wasn't heaven.
Instead of trying to figure out the logic of all this, you just need to accept the truth.
This isn't a logic thing. It's a truth thing.
Yes. And if you'd pay attention to what he's been telling you, you might catch the truth of the matter. He's been explaining it very well, but your eyes are closed.