• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Organic food and angels

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
My wife has been an advocate for organic food since before we were married. I think it's a good thing, it used to not matter that much to me,
but over the years she has "wore off on me" :)

One thing I notice about organic fruit, it doesn't always look as perfect as the fruit that has been sprayed with pesticides and artificially colored.
Sometimes organic fruit has a spot or two on it. It doesn't mean it isn't good fruit (in fact it's better than the "processed" fruit).

But we aren't always perfect and spotless either. Now of course the blood of Jesus makes us spotless and perfect.
A good tree can only make good fruit...

Matt 7:17; "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
Matt 7:18; "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.
Matt 7:19; "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

but good fruit doesn't always mean "perfect" fruit. Thank God that we don't always have to be perfect.

---------

Did you ever notice, that when Lazarus died, it was the angels that carried him to Abraham's Bosom?

Luke 16:22; "
Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried.

I used to live in an agricultural community with farms all around me. Sometimes I used to watch the "fruit pickers" go out into the fields
and "pick" the fruit. There would hundreds of boxes lined up between the trees. The good fruit would go in certain boxes... but the bad fruit
would go into other boxes. It was amazing to see how quickly the workers could look at a piece of fruit and know if it was good or bad.
(remember, good doesn't mean perfect)

It's the same with the angels.

It is the angels that separate the wheat from the tares.

Matt 13:41; "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,

It is the angels that separate the good fish from the bad fish.

Matt 13:49; "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous,

It is the angels that will gather up the elect when Jesus returns.

Mark 13:27; "
And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

I suppose somehow, the angels will know the good from the bad. But it is a little comforting to know... good doesn't mean perfect. :)