• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

One True Church or the Meaning of Church

Loyal
@KingJ

Nice to see Proverbs 27.6 quoted, I mentioned the battle when the Light of Christ is revealed to a lost soul in darkness the other day, but couldn't bring to mind this verse. None believers see 'Church goers' as Bible bashers, the God Squad, etc. They do not like the light, they live in darkness, that is all they are accustomed to. Lift a large stone and let the light shine on the items that live in darkness and they will run for cover, run into the darkness, they do not like the light, it reveals them as they are. So it is with lost souls, the light reveals their sins, they don't like it, they don't want it.

One thing I do say brother, if you don't mind, and I will keep saying it so long as I have breath on my body. We do not have a church, we must get out of the habit of calling the place of worship we go to as, my church, you do not have a Church, it is not scriptural, it is doing Christ an injustice.

Together, saved souls, believers whose name is in the Book of Life and the Lamb, are part of the One True Church, as saved souls worldwide, together we help make up the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, His One True Church.

We do not go to church, we do not have a church, there is no such thing as my church. Is it not right with Christ, to say 'the church' meets at ....this place or that.

When two or three come together in Jesus Name, He is there in the midst of us, the body of Christ comes together in prayer, in fellowship, in praise and thanksgiving, this can be in a place of worship (not to be called a church or my church) but it can also be in a house, by a lake, in a field, on a mountain, it can be anywhere.

So often we say we want to be right with Christ, and rightfully so. but then we deceive ourselves and others by using the 'Church' the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ in ways that don't bring Glory to God and effectively misuse the most special item to Him after us and our Salvation. To make matters worse, we do and say these things, after we are saved.

If we say we want to be right with Christ, shouldn't we want to be getting this most important item to Him right, right to all believers, right to the world, right with our Lord. Bad habits were introduced by the RCC, and they have continued even after the Reformation, into every denomination.

Remember the saying WWJD, WWJS, what would Jesus do, we should also add what would Jesus say.

Forgive me for breaking into the conversation, I do hope you do not mind me saying these things, in all things we must get right with God, be right with Jesus, put aside traditions that are wrong, stop deceiving the flock, the world, and ourselves.

The church, as it is called, has given none believers the wrong idea over the years, the Church isn't the building down the road with the word church on its boards, that is where part of the One True Church comes together in prayer, fellowship and worship. We are living stones, spiritual stones, and together with other saved souls, other spiritual stones, we are being built up together into the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, this is the OneTrue Church in this world. Not church goers saved or unsaved, but only those who are saved and whose name is in the Book of Life and The Lamb are part of the One True Church.

Thank you Lord for reveiling this Truth to us, in Jesus Name, Amen

Loyal
Re: a 'church' ---- while it IS true that a Church building is not absolutely essential -- it depends on a geographical location. Since 'we' are most likely in the United States, mostly we Do have a church building to get together with others of like faith and practice. A 'local' church as compared to the 'universal' body of believers. There are those who do Not believe in local church Membership. And there Is a need for the individual To meet together on a frequent basis For spiritual encouragement of one another, for worshiping God with others in various ways / singing songs, offering financial support ( utilities, lights, heating, water, paying a pastor), reading Scripture together, listening to God's Word being taught by mature believers (one of the many spiritual gifts) , being in individual Bible study groups to share what we're learning.

In the Bible --many times the gathering place was outside on a hillside or gathering in people's homes.

We might want to remember that on Paul's various missionary journeys -- he started groups in all the towns, cities, he went to. ie Ephesus, Colosse , thessalonica, Galatia , etc. books in the New Testament.

In these more modern days, some locations are not very practical for the sake of who can get to the various locations. And rest room facilities are necessary , protection from the weather, heat, cold, rain, etc. And, again, a persons geographical location has to be considered.

Even in the pioneer days, there was the one-room school house that might double for the church. Benches, desks, table, chairs.

So, yes, I DO go to a church and meet with lots of other fellow believers and, hopefully, there Are non-believers that can be hearing God's Word taught and meet Other believers. There is Also the idea that believers are to be 'missionaries' in their neighborhoods, we get to know our neighbors, witness and lead them to Christ and invite them to fellowship with you at the church you attend. Actually that's what we Should Be doing. Being a light in our own neighborhood. And there are those who are Not comfortable talking to Anyone about salvation, for fear that they won't do 'it' right and the fear that the person won't really be saved. So they invite them to Sunday School and church and let a teacher or the preacher do the 'saving'. Actually, it's the Holy Spirit that does the convicting and the 'saving'. But , in reality, shouldn't 'we' be comfortable enough with Scripture and be able To share with friends? And we Can share our about our Own salvation experience.

Loyal
Re: a 'church' ---- while it IS true that a Church building is not absolutely essential -- it depends on a geographical location. Since 'we' are most likely in the United States, mostly we Do have a church building to get together with others of like faith and practice. A 'local' church as compared to the 'universal' body of believers. There are those who do Not believe in local church Membership. And there Is a need for the individual To meet together on a frequent basis For spiritual encouragement of one another, for worshiping God with others in various ways / singing songs, offering financial support ( utilities, lights, heating, water, paying a pastor), reading Scripture together, listening to God's Word being taught by mature believers (one of the many spiritual gifts) , being in individual Bible study groups to share what we're learning.

In the Bible --many times the gathering place was outside on a hillside or gathering in people's homes.

We might want to remember that on Paul's various missionary journeys -- he started groups in all the towns, cities, he went to. ie Ephesus, Colosse , thessalonica, Galatia , etc. books in the New Testament.

In these more modern days, some locations are not very practical for the sake of who can get to the various locations. And rest room facilities are necessary , protection from the weather, heat, cold, rain, etc. And, again, a persons geographical location has to be considered.

Even in the pioneer days, there was the one-room school house that might double for the church. Benches, desks, table, chairs.

So, yes, I DO go to a church and meet with lots of other fellow believers and, hopefully, there Are non-believers that can be hearing God's Word taught and meet Other believers. There is Also the idea that believers are to be 'missionaries' in their neighborhoods, we get to know our neighbors, witness and lead them to Christ and invite them to fellowship with you at the church you attend. Actually that's what we Should Be doing. Being a light in our own neighborhood. And there are those who are Not comfortable talking to Anyone about salvation, for fear that they won't do 'it' right and the fear that the person won't really be saved. So they invite them to Sunday School and church and let a teacher or the preacher do the 'saving'. Actually, it's the Holy Spirit that does the convicting and the 'saving'. But , in reality, shouldn't 'we' be comfortable enough with Scripture and be able To share with friends? And we Can share our about our Own salvation experience.

My dear sister in Christ

Although I agree with what you are saying, forgive me if I get this wrong or it may sound wrong but, you are missing the point.

When saved believers come together, as scripture confirms. they are the One True Church, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, they are part of the worldwide Church of Christ. Now before going further let's be clear, this is in no way condemning what you are doing, what you are doing is right, it is commendable, but what you are saying is wrong and liberalising God's Word, liberalising the Church Jesus tells us so much about, the one He will return to is made up of Saved believers, not buildings.

The early church from Acts onward was the ecclesia, the coming together of saved believers, and yes they did it in their homes etc.as you state.

But the word was changed from its original ecclesia to kuriakon, the change was made first by the RCC and adopted by the Church of England as they felt, 'they had to control' people religiously and politically. Again we see errors and must go back to the original meaning.

- We either accept ecclesia the meeting or coming together of saved believers, the church.
- Or we accept kuriakin which refers to the church as a building in which they can control the followers.

As we can see kuriakon, referring to the church as a building, that is what is accepted today, Hence clergy say but this building is your church, and the members call it what they are told. But that is not what Jesus taught us.

The One True Church, the Body and Bride of Christ is not a building, it is saved believers worldwide.

How can the world understand if 'church goers, saved and unsaved' don't?

Where we meet, whether it is a building for worship, our home, a friends home, in town, in the country etc does not matter. But to call a building a church is incorrect, Jesus is not coming again with a load of wagons and JCB's He will return for the ecclesia, the Saved believers, those who are is, not material items.

Maybe this should be in another thread of it's own.

Loyal
You brought the RCC into this. To the RCC -- They are the only correct Church. That is Not the 'church' I'm talking about. And , yes, there are Many errors in the RCC teachings. They Do strive to control their people.

The 'church' can refer To the actual physical building where people go to worship God. And 'doing' church meaning to come worship.

And, yes, you're talking about the universal church -- the body of born-again believers -- the 'Church' that Jesus Christ will come to take us up to be with Him. The group of believers world-wide / universal.

And Then you mention the world-wide Church of Christ. That happens to Be a particular belief group. Armstrongism.

I was just looking up both the words -- Kuriakon/ os = of the Lord. -- in Strong's concordance it's listed as #2960. it was actually not a religious term in the beginning. It's not used in the New Testament except 'day of the Lord'. It Was actually the English speaking Israelies who transformed 'Kuriakon' into a religious term.

The term "ecclesia = normally = Church = congregation. that belongs to the Lord,.

You feel that I'm liberalizing God's Word / liberalizing the church from what Jesus Christ intended it to be?

I think we're saying the same thing -- you're bio says you're from the UK. Culturally it's different there than here in This country. Apparently to You, this country is fairly Liberal. Well -- down south in Texas -- we're considered liberal compared to up north in Iowa, etc. I grew up in the Bible belt -- Iowa. I"ve grown up with 'going to church'. I'm the same age you are according to your bio info.

Staff Member
My dear sister in Christ

Although I agree with what you are saying, forgive me if I get this wrong or it may sound wrong but, you are missing the point.

When saved believers come together, as scripture confirms. they are the One True Church, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, they are part of the worldwide Church of Christ. Now before going further let's be clear, this is in no way condemning what you are doing, what you are doing is right, it is commendable, but what you are saying is wrong and liberalising God's Word, liberalising the Church Jesus tells us so much about, the one He will return to is made up of Saved believers, not buildings.

The early church from Acts onward was the ecclesia, the coming together of saved believers, and yes they did it in their homes etc.as you state.

But the word was changed from its original ecclesia to kuriakon, the change was made first by the RCC and adopted by the Church of England as they felt, 'they had to control' people religiously and politically. Again we see errors and must go back to the original meaning.

- We either accept ecclesia the meeting or coming together of saved believers, the church.
- Or we accept kuriakin which refers to the church as a building in which they can control the followers.

As we can see kuriakon, referring to the church as a building, that is what is accepted today, Hence clergy say but this building is your church, and the members call it what they are told. But that is not what Jesus taught us.

The One True Church, the Body and Bride of Christ is not a building, it is saved believers worldwide.

How can the world understand if 'church goers, saved and unsaved' don't?

Where we meet, whether it is a building for worship, our home, a friends home, in town, in the country etc does not matter. But to call a building a church is incorrect, Jesus is not coming again with a load of wagons and JCB's He will return for the ecclesia, the Saved believers, those who are is, not material items.

Maybe this should be in another thread of it's own.

Hello Brother Paul,
I'm in total agreement.
I've made this reference before, in particular for a member of the RCC who believe they are the one true church and have also posted it in different threads, but never one of its own. I think I'll take your advice and start a new thread....maybe title it "One True Church or the meaning of Church" :smile:
I would appreciate your input!
Link: One True Church or the Meaning of Church

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
The following is something that I've written a few years ago, and is being put out there for your consideration.
YBIC
Nick
<><

I have to first start defining certain words so we can see if we’re actually using the same Dictionary. It’s easy to use the same words, but as I’m coming to find out is that at times we are using different dictionaries, which might create difficulty in understanding each other. I hope you don’t mind that I tackle it in this fashion. I will attempt in every case to identify scripture or the lack of scriptural reference. Lord willing within the context of what God would have us comprehend we will find His truth.

Church
First one must define church as used in scripture. Easy to automatically provide the definition from our current perspective of what a church must be. Many people today understand the church as a building or denomination. This is not a complete biblical understanding of church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. The following verse I used to show Paul addressing "the church" as a body of believers and not a building/denomination. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

How does one come to this? First one must see who the Creator of the Church is.

Jesus Christ Co-Creator
You can see this clearly that the church is the body of Christ, of which He is the head in the following scripture reading.

Ephesians 1:22-23 says, “And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.”

Holy Spirit Co-Creator
Keep in mind as well that the Holy Spirit was co-creator of the church.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; (20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; (21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: (22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Where is this "...habitation of God through the Spirit."?

Body of Christ
The phrase “the Body of Christ” is a common New Testament metaphor for the Church (all those who are truly saved).

Romans 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
1 Corinthians 10:17 For we [being] many are one bread, [and] one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Hebrews 13:3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; [and] them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.
Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Ephesians 4:3-6 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (4) [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; (5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (6) One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Our need to name things I believe is a Godly direction, that goes all the way back to Genesis. So in this light, for lack of giving the church a specific name or one so general as just "church" which might not be so bad as long as we know the builder and who resides there, I'll add one.

Universal Church
The universal church consists of all believers in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:13 “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or - Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.
Ephesians 1:22-23 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, [23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One consistency I've seen which crosses all denominations, languages, race, what have you, of believers and that is Jesus Christ. That He lived, died on the Cross, and He has Risen! I seen this to be true, just by mentioning His name, to a couple who did not know English, so were distrustful of me, didn't understand a word I was saying, until I said "Jesus Christ", pointed up with my finger and tapped my heart. The biggest similes you could imagine lit up their faces! Truly One Body! Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia! As I mentioned when I first started, I pray this does not become a hindrance to anyone.

YBIC
C4E

Loyal
You brought the RCC into this. To the RCC -- They are the only correct Church. That is Not the 'church' I'm talking about. And , yes, there are Many errors in the RCC teachings. They Do strive to control their people.

The 'church' can refer To the actual physical building where people go to worship God. And 'doing' church meaning to come worship.

And, yes, you're talking about the universal church -- the body of born-again believers -- the 'Church' that Jesus Christ will come to take us up to be with Him. The group of believers world-wide / universal.

And Then you mention the world-wide Church of Christ. That happens to Be a particular belief group. Armstrongism.

The term "ecclesia = normally = Church = congregation. that belongs to the Lord,.

You feel that I'm liberalizing God's Word / liberalizing the church from what Jesus Christ intended it to be?

I think we're saying the same thing -- you're bio says you're from the UK. Culturally it's different there than here in This country. Apparently to You, this country is fairly Liberal. Well -- down south in Texas -- we're considered liberal compared to up north in Iowa, etc. I grew up in the Bible belt -- Iowa. I"ve grown up with 'going to church'. I'm the same age you are according to your bio info.

Dear Sue

You are quoting what I haven't written and agreeing with me but saying you disagree.

Firstly I quoted the One True Church worldwide, which is what the Body of Christ is. I did not quote the worldwide Church of Christ and what I did quote I clarified, the One True Church worldwide, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ.

You refer to the fact I am from the Uk you are from Texas, it doesn't matter if we are from Tim-Book-Too, and age does not come into it, we are reading the same Bible, God's Holy Word, although we agree translations can confuse at times.

Now the Church, ecclesia is a meeting of like minded people, it was adopted by the early church as it is a meeting of saved believers in Christ. Modern English has changed this over the years Sue to mean as you put it... ecclesia = 'normally' the church (not necessarily saved souls) This is where the error has occurred and you agreed when you said... I was just looking up both the words -- Kuriakon/ os = of the Lord. -- in Strong's concordance it's listed as #2960. it was actually not a religious term in the beginning. It's not used in the New Testament except 'day of the Lord. No it isn't listed Sue because ecclesia was the word used. which was a meeting of saved believers, not a building.

You mention above You brought the RCC into this. To the RCC -- They are the only correct Church. That is Not the 'church' I'm talking about. Yes I did mention the RCC because it was the RCC that brought it in to use, hence it not being in scripture! Has you just said.

They brought in the use of kuriakion instead of ecclesia and the Church of England used it also, it was the battle of numbers, who was the biggest, but like any managers, which is what they are, managers of the people, note not shepherds. This was why they made it that the close mum and dad had to be a catholic for the child to be christened as catholic, you had to be catholic to be confirmed, you had to be catholic to be married and partners had to become catholic for them to be married.

Back to the subject to sum up.

- The One True Church is worldwide and is the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ.
- The church is the ecclesia, coming together of saved believers, they are part of the One True Church worldwide. (NOT the worldwide church of Christ as you noted incorrectly that I was referring to.)
- Kuriakon was brought in by the catholics, to replace ecclesia as it referred to the building and suited the controlling of the people/
- The building you call church is the kuriakon, not the ecclesia Sue.
- The saved believers that come together in your 'place of worship is the ecclesia
- As you stated kuriakin is not scriptural - it was added later to suit those in earthly power

Tradition has changed so much over time, let is go back to Acts and the Epistles and compare what we call church today (kuriakon) with what they called church then (ecclesia)

Peace be with you \o/

Loyal
Hello Brother Paul,
I'm in total agreement.
I've made this reference before, in particular for a member of the RCC who believe they are the one true church and have also posted it in different threads, but never one of its own. I think I'll take your advice and start a new thread....maybe title it "One True Church or the meaning of Church" :smile:

YBIC
Nick
<><

Is it possible to move the posts about this to the new thread?

Definitely better as a new thread, I agree

Loyal
Thank you for this thread brother it is so important in these latter days, if not always, to truly understand what the church is.

It is not the building down the road with the word 'Church' on it's notice board.

The Truth is in the Word, ecclesias, or ekklesia being the word used in scripture, which as you say confirms the True Church of Jesus Christ worldwide, being an assembly or coming together of Saved Believers in Christ.

Now we have another word come up, which is not in the original scriptures, it is the word kuriakon, this word meaning church building a place called the church, but this is not the true church. This word was introduced by the RCC and used by them and the Church of England, it gave them power to control the people and to confirm numbers, not sheep in the fold. It was a battle for who was the biggest.

The word used for church, kuriakon, became the accepted word and is still used today. The church is the building called a church where people go for prayers, worship and thanksgiving. It is true people may go to a building called a church today for prayer, worship and thanksgiving but the church is not the building and scriptire is very clear about this.

The True church is the ekklesia, the Body of Christ as Nick as clearly confirmed above. The ekklesia is the only true church, it is the body of Christ, it is the Bride of Christ, it is saved believers in which Christ will return in Glory for.

Christ is not returning for the kuriakon, Church, which includes saved and lost souls, Jesus will only return for the ekklesia Church, those who are His, those who are Saved.

We need to get back to Acts and the Epistles, see how the church was meant to be, compare it with today, many will be shocked. We also need to look at church history and see how the church evolved to what it is today, the first 100 years, from 300 AD under Constantine, look at the first 1000 years, the crusades, the reformation, what changed and what didn't.

How can we be right with our Lord if we, saved believers, are wrong about His church?

We owe it to ourselves to find out what has changed, why it has changed and is todays church right with God, is todays church as Jesus portrays it.

The Truth is in the Word, in the correct translation of each Word.

Loyal
Dear Sue

You are quoting what I haven't written and agreeing with me but saying you disagree.

Firstly I quoted the One True Church worldwide, which is what the Body of Christ is. I did not quote the worldwide Church of Christ and what I did quote I clarified, the One True Church worldwide, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ.

You refer to the fact I am from the Uk you are from Texas, it doesn't matter if we are from Tim-Book-Too, and age does not come into it, we are reading the same Bible, God's Holy Word, although we agree translations can confuse at times.

Now the Church, ecclesia is a meeting of like minded people, it was adopted by the early church as it is a meeting of saved believers in Christ. Modern English has changed this over the years Sue to mean as you put it... ecclesia = 'normally' the church (not necessarily saved souls) This is where the error has occurred and you agreed when you said... I was just looking up both the words -- Kuriakon/ os = of the Lord. -- in Strong's concordance it's listed as #2960. it was actually not a religious term in the beginning. It's not used in the New Testament except 'day of the Lord. No it isn't listed Sue because ecclesia was the word used. which was a meeting of saved believers, not a building.

You mention above You brought the RCC into this. To the RCC -- They are the only correct Church. That is Not the 'church' I'm talking about. Yes I did mention the RCC because it was the RCC that brought it in to use, hence it not being in scripture! Has you just said.

They brought in the use of kuriakion instead of ecclesia and the Church of England used it also, it was the battle of numbers, who was the biggest, but like any managers, which is what they are, managers of the people, note not shepherds. This was why they made it that the close mum and dad had to be a catholic for the child to be christened as catholic, you had to be catholic to be confirmed, you had to be catholic to be married and partners had to become catholic for them to be married.

Back to the subject to sum up.

- The One True Church is worldwide and is the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ.
- The church is the ecclesia, coming together of saved believers, they are part of the One True Church worldwide. (NOT the worldwide church of Christ as you noted incorrectly that I was referring to.)
- Kuriakon was brought in by the catholics, to replace ecclesia as it referred to the building and suited the controlling of the people/
- The building you call church is the kuriakon, not the ecclesia Sue.
- The saved believers that come together in your 'place of worship is the ecclesia
- As you stated kuriakin is not scriptural - it was added later to suit those in earthly power

Tradition has changed so much over time, let is go back to Acts and the Epistles and compare what we call church today (kuriakon) with what they called church then (ecclesia)

Peace be with you \o/

What is Your problem? Is it because I'm a woman that I'm not supposed to use my brains?

Fine -- you stick to "Your Facts"

People in different countries tend to see life from what's happening in their particular country. For whatever reason , you consider that going to 'church' is somehow Wrong. I know very little about the UK. I've known a couple of people from that country and there seems to be some 'attitude'.

You'd like to be able to back to how the church was in Acts and the Epistles. Well -- we Are in 'this' time in history.

If 'we' were living in a 3rd world country --our views of churches would probably be a Lot different. That culture is very different from here in the U.S. and the UK. Are we also supposed to go back to living with maybe two changes of clothes and carry water jugs on our heads? What are people in Those countries eating, drinking, living in, health-care, etc, etc.

You seem to want to discuss only from Your perspective -- well -- there Is more than One perspective. Depending on where a person Does live.

And, yes, the one true church Is world-wide -- all born-again believers -- also called the Universal church / body of Christ. And, yes , there is Also a group called the 'world-wide church of God' = Armstrongism. I really didn't know if that was what you were referring to.

I mentioned our ages just so you would know that I'm not just some young 'whipper-snapper' who hasn't lived long enough to know how to think.

And, so , now, get on with your apparently more intelligent conversation with another man.

I'm Also dealing with a home situation that is leaving me in a somewhat 'agitated' frame of mind. Which is being reflected a Lot in this post.

Active
Greetings,

We thank God for the knowledge of knowing more about the Body of Christ- the Church, us, but we should remind ourselves that what matters is...

Have we become the church that Jesus wants us to be for others to know Him more.

“For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:47‬ ‭

“ For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:15

May be united in love as one Body of Christ.

Bless us all.

Loyal
What is Your problem? Is it because I'm a woman that I'm not supposed to use my brains?

Fine -- you stick to "Your Facts"

People in different countries tend to see life from what's happening in their particular country. For whatever reason , you consider that going to 'church' is somehow Wrong. I know very little about the UK. I've known a couple of people from that country and there seems to be some 'attitude'.

You'd like to be able to back to how the church was in Acts and the Epistles. Well -- we Are in 'this' time in history.

If 'we' were living in a 3rd world country --our views of churches would probably be a Lot different. That culture is very different from here in the U.S. and the UK. Are we also supposed to go back to living with maybe two changes of clothes and carry water jugs on our heads? What are people in Those countries eating, drinking, living in, health-care, etc, etc.

You seem to want to discuss only from Your perspective -- well -- there Is more than One perspective. Depending on where a person Does live.

And, yes, the one true church Is world-wide -- all born-again believers -- also called the Universal church / body of Christ. And, yes , there is Also a group called the 'world-wide church of God' = Armstrongism. I really didn't know if that was what you were referring to.

I mentioned our ages just so you would know that I'm not just some young 'whipper-snapper' who hasn't lived long enough to know how to think.

And, so , now, get on with your apparently more intelligent conversation with another man.

I'm Also dealing with a home situation that is leaving me in a somewhat 'agitated' frame of mind. Which is being reflected a Lot in this post.

My dear sister, my heart is troubled that you have misread what I was saying completely.

Yes I know we are the same age sister, I have known for several weeks, I do look at peoples profiles, but there could never be an issue with age, country, sex or brains areyou put it Sue. We are brothers and sisters in Christ, that is why my heart hurts that you have misread what I said.

I am not discussing 'The Church' from my prospective but from scripture, the church of Jesus Christ our Lord is the ecclesia, or the ecclesia. The church today, the building is not the ekklesua, it is the kuriakin, which is the building. This change was made by the RCC and also used by the CoE, to control the 'members'.

This is scriptural and history, changes by the institutionalised religions.

I thing you feel I am church bashing Sue, what I am saying is far from that, it is the love of Christ, the love of the ecclesia, His Church, His Bride, that I share these things. Exposing if you will the errors of the RCC and others that churches today have adopted.

What you quote Sue is right, the topic is not what we do as the church, it is what the church is, the body of Christ, not the building, and how we have come to accept these changes which are wrong.

Peace be with you sister.

In His Love. \o/

Loyal
Those who go to church, go to the kuriakin, (building called a church) the saved believers at the kuriakin are the ekklesia (the one true church, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ) the other kuriakin goers are lost souls.

The ekklesia is scriptural and is the True Church, the kuriakin was brought in later by the RCC, it is important we know the difference and be right with scripture and our Lord who is Head of His Church, the ekklesia.

I do hope the above better explains the difference, I can only pray and apologise if I have not been clear explaining this Truth.

Peace be with you.

Loyal
Hello Brother Paul,
I'm in total agreement.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Greeting brother.

The One True Church is as I have stated and confirmed, The Body of Christ, The Bride of Christ, Saved believers worldwide. The ekklesia this is the One True Church.

The reason for quoting the ekklesia in this manner is due to the wrongful thinking today that the church is the building down the road with a sign that says 'Church'. The Church building is not the ekklesia, the church building is the kuriakon a word not found in scripture but is the Greek word for church as a building.

It is not scriptural to call the building used for worship as a church, so many say my church is.... referring to the building, I have said this previously but will add it again in this reply brother, Those who go to church, go to the kuriakon, (building called a church) the saved believers at the kuriakon are the ekklesia (the one true church, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ) the other kuriakon goers are lost souls.

Kuriakon word was brought in by the RCC and used by them and the CoE, for controlling the people, it's members.

There is only One True Church and that is the Church of our Lord Jesus Christ of which He is the Head of, saved believers are what He calls the Body of Christ. He is the Bridegroom, we as saved believers are His Bride, waiting in eager anticipation for His return for us so that we can be with Him forever.

In His Love

Loyal
My personal take of this is, of course a building alone isn't a church. It IS the body of believers.
But one isolated believer, on their own is not the church either. The Bible Jesus went to the tabernacle.
The Bible says all of the apostles went to "gatherings" or "assemblies" of people. Paul wrote letters to "churches", rarely did he write to a single person.

If you don't have other Christians around you, people you know, people you can relate to... you're not really part of the body.
If you're not loving "one another", praying for "one another", lifting up "one another", bearing "one another's" burden. Worshiping with "one another".
Caring for "one another". Lifting up hands and singing psalms with "one another"... you're not really part of the church.

I personally feel it's next to impossible to be a "stay at home, and watch televangelists" Christian. Maybe it's possible some of them teach Biblical principles.
But even if they do.... who is the "one another's" in your life? You are you praying for? Who is praying for you? Who are you accountable to?
Who are you tithing to? Who are you really loving at a personal level?

Now of course there are people who can't drive and people who are physically infirmed and bed-ridden. But for those who can...

Heb 10:24; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
Heb 10:25; not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Matt 18:20; "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

The phrase "one another" is in the new testament over 100 times. If we are isolated from other Christians, there is no "one another".
There is strength in numbers. Satan seems to prey on isolated Christians.

Eccl 4:9; Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
Eccl 4:10; For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.
Eccl 4:11; Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?
Eccl 4:12; And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

Gen 2:18; Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

Now of course that verse is about marriage, but still... "it is not good for man to be alone".

1 Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Loyal
Now of course there are people who can't drive and people who are physically infirmed and bed-ridden.

After thinking about this a little more... is this even an excuse? Is there no pastor in your entire town that can visit you?
Are there no deacons, minsters, or even other Christians within driving distance?
Many churches even have bus's. At least two churches near me have "handicapped service" vans.
..if none of the above is available. How about other believers?

Staff Member
Greetings,

My personal take of this is, of course a building alone isn't a church. It IS the body of believers.
But one isolated believer, on their own is not the church either. The Bible Jesus went to the tabernacle.
The Bible says all of the apostles went to "gatherings" or "assemblies" of people. Paul wrote letters to "churches", rarely did he write to a single person.

If you don't have other Christians around you, people you know, people you can relate to... you're not really part of the body.
If you're not loving "one another", praying for "one another", lifting up "one another", bearing "one another's" burden. Worshiping with "one another".
Caring for "one another". Lifting up hands and singing psalms with "one another"... you're not really part of the church.

I personally feel it's next to impossible to be a "stay at home, and watch televangelists" Christian. Maybe it's possible some of them teach Biblical principles.
But even if they do.... who is the "one another's" in your life? You are you praying for? Who is praying for you? Who are you accountable to?
Who are you tithing to? Who are you really loving at a personal level?

Now of course there are people who can't drive and people who are physically infirmed and bed-ridden. But for those who can...

Heb 10:24; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
Heb 10:25; not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Matt 18:20; "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

The phrase "one another" is in the new testament over 100 times. If we are isolated from other Christians, there is no "one another".

Eccl 4:9; Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
Eccl 4:10; For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.
Eccl 4:11; Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?
Eccl 4:12; And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

Gen 2:18; Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

Now of course that verse is about marriage, but still... "it is not good for man to be alone".

1 Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

it's also really hard, if not impossible to learn how to and the blessings in , 'Turn the other cheek' if you don't mix with others.

I think of forgiveness. Perhaps the most important part about love. If you are on your own, where on earth does forgiveness fit in, unless of course you are on your own because you can't forgive or are too scared to get into a place where you might have to?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

All of the Apostles were Saved believers, they had gatherings, assembles and met in each others homes.

Yes brother Paul wrote to the 'churches' and as you say, not to a single person, a single person cannot be the church, Paul wrote to the believers, the ekklesia.
He didn't write to a church named...…. he wrote to the church, the saved believers.

When two or three come together in my name, I am in the midst of them our Lord said. When two or three come together anywhere that is the church, the Body of Christ, He is the Head of His Church. Ekklesia the 'coming together' of saved believers.

It is not good for man to be alone, a 'man and woman' must be married to lie together, to have sex.

So true brother, beware of the devil

Ephesians 6:10-13 (NKJV) (Best read to verse 24)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Loyal
There is only one body (the Church), but there are many members that makeup that one body ( the Church.) The Church is not a place you go to, as it is made up of people who are members of one another! The Apostle Paul was with its members the Church even though he was not with them in the flesh!

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Col 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

The body of Christ (the Church) is NOT just made up of people who are physically alive on planet earth but is made up of all believers in Christ who are sitting on the right hand of God in Heavenly places today who are never apart from each other!

Staff Member
Greetings,

[i am not on your case @Curtis , so please over-ride any thought about that!!! ....><> ]

I do have a question, though, for all,

is the Body the same as the Church?

Bless you ....><>