• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

One for the books:

Loyal
Birds and little people sightings...It could be, but they're not spooks....Little people are common the world over....Spooks though, spirits are rarely seen. From what I've read on A A Allens ministry....There was a fair bit of emotional hysteria...People could have seen anything....And his actions invited spiritual chaos
My point was that there are things, spiritual things, that are beyond our understanding. Demons and fallen angels are possibly capable of manifesting themselves in some way to cause emotional hysteria and fear.

Active
My point was that there are things, spiritual things, that are beyond our understanding. Demons and fallen angels are possibly capable of manifesting themselves in some way to cause emotional hysteria and fear.
That's true Brad...Angels, even the fallen can be seen when they choose but demons, to be seen, need a body of some sort...So they can inhabit a body or have one made...I don't know how much I can say without looking like a kook to be ignored or a tinfoil hat wearer.

Active
That's true Brad...Angels, even the fallen can be seen when they choose but demons, to be seen, need a body of some sort...So they can inhabit a body or have one made...I don't know how much I can say without looking like a kook to be ignored or a tinfoil hat wearer.
You seem to have conflated that which cant be seen but is real the Holy Spirit with that which cant be seen because it is imaginary.
The Scriptures say some have seen angels and know it while some have seen angels and not known it. We know Satan disguises himself and an angel of light. Clearly angels have been seen even spoken to. Not nearly so clear the same is true of demons . I cant come up with a single instance in which one was seen from scripture. ( I dont 'see' any difference between fallen angels and demons). The Enemy reflects light through doctrines that do not reveal a complete truth usually touching somehow on the divinity of Christ. But this has nothing to do with folks who desperately years to see some sort of manifestation, enough to ..I'll say make things up rather than conjure .

Active
You seem to have conflated that which cant be seen but is real the Holy Spirit with that which cant be seen because it is imaginary.
The Scriptures say some have seen angels and know it while some have seen angels and not known it. We know Satan disguises himself and an angel of light. Clearly angels have been seen even spoken to. Not nearly so clear the same is true of demons . I cant come up with a single instance in which one was seen from scripture. ( I dont 'see' any difference between fallen angels and demons). The Enemy reflects light through doctrines that do not reveal a complete truth usually touching somehow on the divinity of Christ. But this has nothing to do with folks who desperately years to see some sort of manifestation, enough to ..I'll say make things up rather than conjure .
Hitch Fallen angels are obviously fallen angels...Demons resulted from the offstpring of fallen angels and human women...The offspring dies and is bound to the Earth...No body, never eats sleeps or drinks...This spirit wanders and will do so until the judgment....In order for it to be seen it needs a body, so it can inhabit one (which is why the demons asked for the pigs) Without a body all it can do is whisper in your ear.

Active
Pentecostal, but at least its Trinitarian. Its the church Jim&Tammy were associated with.

So the General Superintendent of the General Council of the Assemblies of God in America is the co-chair of this international coalition. Problem? Not until you see who are part of its leadership:

Bill Johnson, Reinhard Bonnke, Lisa Bevere, Kenneth Copeland, Jentezen Franklin, Brian Houston, Cindy “The General” Jacobs, Robert Morris, Phil Pringle to name a few......

Why I Have Left the Assemblies of God

Active
Hitch Fallen angels are obviously fallen angels...Demons resulted from the offstpring of fallen angels and human women...The offspring dies and is bound to the Earth...No body, never eats sleeps or drinks...This spirit wanders and will do so until the judgment....In order for it to be seen it needs a body, so it can inhabit one (which is why the demons asked for the pigs) Without a body all it can do is whisper in your ear.
Nonsense.
You cant quote any apostle teaching this, nor can you quote any direct OT evidence in support.

Active
Not seen a demon?? You need to meet some narcissists, then you will experience them first hand. I had two parents who were narcissists and have come across many in my life time.

Active
Not seen a demon?? You need to meet some narcissists, then you will experience them first hand. I had two parents who were narcissists and have come across many in my life time.
Description ?
The question is not whether there are of have been humans affected by evil spirits , and if you need to change the category you have already lost the argument.

Active
Hitch Here are two verses about what happens to demons who have no body to occupy.

Matthew 12:43-50

43 “When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it travels through dry country seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says to itself, ‘I will return to the house I left.

Luke 11:24

24 “When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it travels through dry country seeking rest. On finding none, it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’

Not that I expect you to accept them.

Active
Hitch Here are two verses about what happens to demons who have no body to occupy.

Matthew 12:43-50

43 “When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it travels through dry country seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says to itself, ‘I will return to the house I left.

Luke 11:24

24 “When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it travels through dry country seeking rest. On finding none, it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’

Not that I expect you to accept them.
They are fine in their place but have no bearing on the conversation at hand. None have a thing to do with being able to see these things, and none so much as touch on demons being the offspring of spirits and women . Try again.

Active
Description ?
The question is not whether there are of have been humans affected by evil spirits , and if you need to change the category you have already lost the argument.
again, rather than me spend hours sharing my testimony, here is someone explaining it in 5 minutes.

Active
They are fine in their place but have no bearing on the conversation at hand. None have a thing to do with being able to see these things, and none so much as touch on demons being the offspring of spirits and women . Try again.
Forget it...You would not understand or accept anything beyond you own borders

Staff Member
Nonsense.
You cant quote any apostle teaching this, nor can you quote any direct OT evidence in support.

True, but so many believe it because.....?

the whole fallacy is in the face of Him Who died for sin.

Perhaps some help is needed, explaining why it is nonsense? As with all mis-understandings a clear cut examination of how wrong it is clarifies things and others can be helped by doing so.

Bless you ....><>