• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

once saved, always saved????

Will you go to Heaven for sure??

• It's depends what you believe when you die

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • once saved always saved...no matter what (this means everything..even if you die as an athiest)

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 17 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

i seem to be getting diferent replies to this questions...or i am just not understanding which is VERY likely too! lol

Once you are saved you will go to heaven. is there anything that can change that? take the poll please!

thanks!
Krista

It all depends on your final day what judgement God will pass on to you,
you could be saved today sin tomorrow and die seconds after you sinned ,and since you had sin in your life when you died, you won't go to heaven because no sin will enter there.
Thats why we need to stay strong in the lord

wow...so you are saying that we need to be constantly askingfor forgivenes? I mean i sin literally all day! so if someone was in a fight or partying or doing anything that the bible says is wrong and they die right there n the spot and they will go to hell? even if they were a christian....that is harsh.

xr6

imready4thelord said:
It all depends on your final day what judgement God will pass on to you,
Thats why we need to stay strong in the lord

I don't agree with your comment:you could be saved today sin tomorrow and die seconds after you sinned ....................

Our Salvation comes through by what Jesus Christ has done for us on the cross.
Not by the works we do or don't do.

Separate issue: We have all sinned, we have all fallen short....... that is why Jesus Christ died for us. We repent and confess our sin as we go on in life. Our Salvation is based on what Jesus Christ has done for us. We have accepted him into our heart and we are in relationship with him. He has prepared a room for us.
His Salvation is based on what HE has done for us.

The key is being borned a 2nd time.This time it must be of the spirit.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
This scripture ,true or false?

It means the spirit once born of GOD ,can not sin ,nor will it.But the flesh and even the mind can .We must renew the mind .Sturying the living WORD ,praying .And slowly in most cases to think like our LORd .Once born of GOd .We are babys spiritually .And need much love and spiritual food .in order to grow .We must not trust others words as truth .But ask the HOLY SPIRIT to teach us .He does use others to present the truth .But still we ask HIm ,what is in these words for me?
He will not fail us .

my two cents lol

xr6 said:
I don't agree with your comment:you could be saved today sin tomorrow and die seconds after you sinned ....................

Our Salvation comes through by what Jesus Christ has done for us on the cross.
Not by the works we do or don't do.

Separate issue: We have all sinned, we have all fallen short....... that is why Jesus Christ died for us. We repent and confess our sin as we go on in life. Our Salvation is based on what Jesus Christ has done for us. We have accepted him into our heart and we are in relationship with him. He has prepared a room for us.
His Salvation is based on what HE has done for us.

Good morning Krista :shade:

here we are again :love: I agree with xr6, God offers a way for us to come to him through his son Jesus Christ:

Its a love story you know :love:

God loves us so much that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him, will not perish but will have everlasting life :love: (John 3:16)

*have you fallen in Love with God/Jesus, or did you just fullfill a head duty when you asked Jesus into your heart

Jesus!! said:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me"
(John 14:6)

do you believe that Krista :love:

. . . .The bible says:

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:" :love:
Romans 10:9

you see sweetie. . .how much more do you need. . .like JLU said in the other thread:

If you trusted Jesus as your Saviour,

* read your Bible every day to get to know Jesus better. . .
(start in John and press on. . .take your time but stick with it)

*talk to God in prayer everyday
(tell him how you are doing. .. its the talking with you He enjoys. .. not what Holy talk you try to offer. . .bring Him your heart. . .bring Him Krista :love: )

*be baptized, worship, fellowship and start serving with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority :love:

*tell others about Jesus Christ :shade:

Here is a copy of STATEMENT OF FAITH. . .in General Headquarters:

Salvation: I believe the terms of salvation are repentance toward God for sin and a personal, heartfelt faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is how the new birth occurs, which I call being "born again." Salvation is possible only through God's grace, not by our works. Works are simply the fruit of salvation (Acts 3:19,20; Romans 4:1-5, 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-10). Water Baptism should immediately follow the experience of the new birth as a public witness to one's faith (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38).

Ok, I believe thats plenty from my side, sorry for the longrun :love:

oh, one more thought about the sinning thing. . .if you become a child of God. . .and you ask the SON of GOD into your life. . .you become a Holy Temple in Gods eyes. . .thought about that?

It made me change my life about right away. . .not the thought Him sending me to Hell when I sin. . .but that i make my Father in Heaven sad. . .hit Jesus nails deeper in that cross . .. you understand. . .thankfulness for what Jesus had done for me to save me for eternity. . .made me watch my actions, life and thoughts . . .

love you sister :love: Keep going :love:

Well i believe that..

Once your in your in ok... unless you commit the Ultamit Sin or otherwise known as the Unforgivable Sin... but this does not mean that you just accept him and go aroudn sinning everywhere and avoiding the BAD one. you gotta be good to so yeah..

Love Simon!!!

ICHTHUS said:
Well i believe that..

Once your in your in ok... unless you commit the Ultamit Sin or otherwise known as the Unforgivable Sin... but this does not mean that you just accept him and go aroudn sinning everywhere and avoiding the BAD one. you gotta be good to so yeah..

Love Simon!!!
Sin is sin in the eyes of the Lord ,no sin is greater than the other, they all reap the same judgement, and only 1 is unforgivable.
Now when we repent of our sins and ask forgiveness,we must turn away from that sin and do it no more.

What did Jesus tell the woman accused of adultry....
John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Mark 3: 28-29

also

Matthew 12: 31-32

Not all Sin is judged the same... for usual Sin is forgiven but not agianst the Lord...if you get me!! on that All Sin is Wroing i agree but people do it it is human nature i am just greatful that people dont go aroudn Commitign the Unforgivable Sin Everywhere!!!

Love Simon!!!

ok..

well, im agreein wif peepsiweepsi an xr6 on dis topic.. i think they've sed it all from my point of view...'
:thumbs_up 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbs_up

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in
Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

This post may become a little long and I am sorry for that but I am unable to put the information in smaller :love:

Know that Jesus death brought new life to all !! Not just some not just the ones who walk around going "oh I am sorry " so often that it leaves no time for praising God or having a relationship and learning

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Right here it reminds that Christ's death we given the free gift of righteousness
we were /are given much grace.

now check this out though we are not given permission or should we want to go around sinning because "grace abound"

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

What is being said here (Jlu understanding) Until I took Jesus Christ as my Savior I lived in sin no matter how "good" I though or others thought I was. SO I was living in sin regardless. Now with out Christ the strong hold of sin on my flesh was more than anyone person can remove but thru the death of Christ sin no longer had a hold of those who believed in Him.

Check out verse 6 it says that the sinful body might be destroyed that we should no longer serve sin . That right there says to me that it is an ongoing Choice to serve sin or not and while we were given grace abundant does not mean perfection here.

God made us free to choose....His way or not...
the choice to sin is mine...i just chose not to...
you can live your life without sin i know i have done it and it is very hard at first then it seems to become a way of nature{natural} but i do slip up and sin and when i do, i have to humble myself before God and ask forgiveness.

The Bible leaves no doubt that the child of God is eternally safe in Christ. Eternal security refers only to those who are born again through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. It does not refer to hypocrites or to those who are merely dabbling in the things of Christ. Those who permanently fall away have never been born again.

The word tells us very clearly that our salvation, once eccepted, is "eternal", "everlasting", and "forever and ever". Unless you want to change the definition of any, no ALL of these words/phrases, then you must know that the Bible tells us salvation is given, and never taken away.

I therefore answered the poll with #2 . However it was close, but not exact because I firmly believe that an atheist was NEVER saved, and never given the gift of eternal live. --"Those who permanently fall away have never been born again."--

Gods inspired word, words as good as if they came from his mouth to our ears say " shall have everlasting life". I believe it. Completely. In full. I will not change the definition of eternal, or everlasting, or forever. This is where the idea of "false conversions" come in. Which is a different thread altogether. One that I'm sure someone will start soon. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

This is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Study and pray on this yourself and ask the Spirit to guide you in your search.

God bless you,
Nigh

Ezekiel 18:24

But when a rightious man turns away from his rightiousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All righteousness which he has done shall not be remmembered; because of his unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and sin which he committed, because of them he shall die.

James 5:19-20

Bretheren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Jude 12

Late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots.

*Note twice dead*

in order to be twice dead you would have to be once dead, be made alive by the spirit of god then die again.
This to me describes people who were dead without christ, then recieved salvation only to die again.
So i think its possible once we are saved to loose that salvation by ourselves, if we turn away from god in our heart.

I believe that us christians have well versed the "will never leave of forsake us"
and we have put up a filter in our minds cos that what we want to believe, Yes ofcourse God will never leave us nor forsake us. But we can forsake him, by our disobiedience.
The choice is ultimately ours do we follow god or go by ourselves.

we need to look at the bible as a whole and work out our salvation with trembling and fear, i realise what i have wrote may not be popular but its in the word of god - we just need to look.

I struggled with the concept of "eternal security" before and after accepting Jesus as my Savior. I think it is a very misleading concept.

For one, it can imply that once you've accepted Christ, you don't have to worry about how you live. I think that true believers are eternally secure in their faith in God keeping His promises of eternal life for those who believe in Jesus, repent of their sins, and try to live a life pleasing to God.

Hebrews 6:6 shows that someone, even a true believer, can fall away. If they were indeed saved, it tells that they cannot return to repentance or be saved again. At least that's what my understanding is.

and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people to repentance again because they are nailing the Son of God to the cross again by rejecting him, holding him up to public shame. - Hebrews 6:6 (NLT)

So that would mean someone who has never truly accepted Christ could still do so and once they did, they are eternally secure in God's promise. He will never go back on His word, but man can choose to turn away from God.

Again, this is my belief based on scripture. Hope what I tried to say makes sense.

Dave

Once saved , always saved? I feel that salvation is a gift from GOD through JESUS CHRIST. Now if you have accepted Christ as your saviour, and meant it, (only you and GOD will know) because he looks into your heart, you can not be lost again, accept if you choose (hebr 6;6) and become an atheist, then you have crusified HIM again. Thats what happened when they crusified HIM 2000 years ago, they didnt believe in HIM.Other than that i dont believe you can lose your salvation because if you are naughty--stray away you will lose crowns in heaven, for there are crowns for obedience, faithfulness, sole winners etc. not all will receive all 5 crowns, which means they`ve done something wrong.Does your father not remain your father through life, even if your seperated for years?Yes off-course GOD wants us to live holy lifes, but if we stray we will most definitly be punished, thats what our parents also do, not so? But they remain our parents and we remain their children. Obedience, holy living, faithfulness, all these are things that require work, and you cant work your way into heaven, salvation is a gift from GOD through CHRIST and cannot be earned, and it is HIS grace that will see us to heaven if we accepted CHRIST as our saviour. If you have bought a ticket to watch a football match, (if you accepted CHRIST -he is the ticket) then you can enter the stadium, and no-one can deny you that, where you gonna sit though is a different story, because if you worked hard and earned enough money to buy a expensive ticket, ( been faithful, obedient, etc. ) you can sit on the grand stand. So in conclusion i dont think GOD made it difficult to go to heaven and have eternal love, for if we were judged by how we live, none of us will make it, for the bible says we are all sinners and fall short, but by grace we are saved.Also does the bible not teach us to ask for forgiveness if we sinned, so if i sinned and die before i could get a chance to ask for forgiveness, will i now loose my salvation? No, i cant accept that, it will mean living on the edge all the time. AMEN. (This is no ticket to carry on sinning or leading a reckless life)
chris.

Last edited:
some times....
i often feel unsure mostly when i think my preyer goes unanswered but they are but in such ways that i dont recognize the answer and then
some times the answer is just no... when that happends i can only assume he has heard me and go on in faith. my faith is shaky although i know the price was paid i'm still insecure about my worthyness cause i know how weak i am
but how good is god.... he reminds us in his word that we are his children and that he takes pleasure in giving us good things when we ask and he allows us to be bold and makes us strong and helps us believe.

Last edited:
Yes, when you have accetped Christ in your heart as Lord and Saviour, you will be saved forever and ever! Unless, you change your mind and renounce Him and no longer want Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour, I think He'll let you go. Because,,,,, He is a gentle God. He gives each of us a free will to choose Him or to reject Him. But, why would anyone wants to reject Christ or to renounce Him since you knnow Jesus is the only way to the Father according to John 14:6????????

We are His children. occationally we'll sin, but, all we have to do is confess it. (1 John 1:9 )and try not to sin again. Everytime we sin, we're hurting God's heart badly. If we really love Him we're trying our very best not to hurt the one we love (JESUS) Amen?

The Lord loves us regardless how badly we're behaving ourselves. But, that doesn't give us a license to sin or takes His love for grand it. If we really love Him, we dont commit sin on purpose. But, if we do sin by our mistake. Jesus is our remedy for sins. (1 John 1:9).
Please, DO NOT take His unconditional love so lightly, but seriously. He loves us so much. We DO NOT want to hurt the one that loves us that much. He gave us His life, what more could He gives ???????

Yes, when you are saved you will always saved in the sense of wanting to staying saved and not reject Him or renounce Him out of your life ! There is no other way to be saved but through Christ Jesus alone according to Acts 4:12 as well!!!!

May the Lord reminds you when you are in a wrong track and bring you bacl to His right path of repentance. We cant afford to turn our backs on Him after what He went through on that painful cross for us all.

We owe a debt we can not pay. He paid a debt He did not owe. DO NOT REJECT HIM, DO NOT RENOUNCE HIM when you have accetped Jesus into your heart please ! so you will stay saved for eternity!!!

Hello

you are all talking about god giving someone a gift and i read about him not taking back any gifts he gives so then he wont take it back i think. (i will find that and tell you where i read it but i cant remember)

but also i can tell when someone is just saying they are my m ate when they are not really and i think god knows as well who is really joined with him and who is really not.

Heather-Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.