• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

ok so here goes

ok so this my first prayer thing i will post.

i need to not drink so much. before i had to but now i dont want to cos is costin me a fortune (lol) and becaus is not so easy to stop eitha.
so if ya pray 4 me i will see if god does somethin for the first time sinse i been a christian.

it helps me to sleep and to not think bout stuff.

Administrator
Staff Member
God bless you sister and I'm glad you brought this forth to light with us. Many of us will pray for you. I will pray for you and I know GOD will transform your mind and heart so that you may treat your body as a Holy Temple. This is biblical.

Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Chad said:
God bless you sister and I'm glad you brought this forth to light with us. Many of us will pray for you. I will pray for you and I know GOD will transform your mind and heart so that you may treat your body as a Holy Temple. This is biblical.

Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Yes Amen :love: I agree :love: thanks Hanni for askin for help :love: God bless you and keep you safe :love:

Of course I'll pray for you hanni. I do pray that the Holy Spirit will take away the desire to drink. :love: sunshine

sunshine307 said:
Of course I'll pray for you hanni. I do pray that the Holy Spirit will take away the desire to drink. :love: sunshine

Yes. . .may God's Holy Spirit create more desire and hunger for Him and His word, so you may fill up more and more on God and less on whatever . . .claim Jesus's victory over the desire to drink and you will become more and more addicted to the healing and filling power of His Spirit :love: God bless you today sister :love:

Hello Heather-Anne

Hello Heather-Anne

I was very interested in your two posts about anger and about drinking because they are quite heavily linked. I am a Therapist by profession and i would say that refraining from this one would help the other definitely.

Both are quick fixes and maybe you have not been used to waiting for anything and looking at the long term picture. Just a thought.

Father God, please continue to lead Heather-Anne into all that you have for her life. Father it is very early days yet and i would ask that you reassure her things will change through a process. Give her your peace and stillness inside and your strength to do the things she needs to do.

Lord, above all else, be her Father and minister to her through her fellow christians here at tj and lead her into a family she can spend time with where she lives.

Amen

update

ok so like i have been strugglin so much with stopping it before i go to bed but last nite was the first nite that i didn't drink at all to go to sleep. Cool OK?! I think so but i am not sure as tonight is coming up.

Ok so i stayed in chat to keep my mind off it and left when i was rely tired and then fell asleep just normal. This morning i have got dt's tho a bit. but i did something rely Cool!!!

I spent all my money on stuff i needed for the week and so now i don't have any money left till Monday. So i cant buy any more alcohol even if i wanted to HA! and tim and eagle made me ditch my stash down the pan (lol) no peace in chat til i did that and they prayed for me too.

ok so over to god now. we will see yeah!
Thankyou for yr prayers and all ok? cool

Hanni, praise the Lord for last night. We'll be praying for you tonight too, and that the Lord takes that desire right away.
That's wonderful that you spent your money on things you need too. You never cease to amaze me. :thumbs_up :shade: You are so cool. :love:

Tim

you r moving so quick its awesome! well dun! ur still in my prayers, and i know ull b just fine, just trust in him and in yourself

tim

Hanni

:rose: Hanni, I have the same difficulty as you. It slows down my thoughts. I know what you are going through. May the Lord bless us both and help us get through this difficult time and transform us into what He would like us to be. God bless you Hanni and it's one day at a time for us. Love, trust and patience. :rose:

Hanni, we continue to struggle but we do not give up. Everyday is a new day. We must learn to lean on Him to get us thru. May His love engulf you and give you peace. And also for you dear sister pixie.

You are awesome Hanni, being able to do that is had and it's tought, but you did it! you're totally awesome! God bless
Stay Real
Jei
X

Last edited: