• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

OBEY

If any of you guys have read the four gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John what do you think about doing the things Jesus taught in them? For example praying in secret Matthew 6:5-6.

Loyal
If any of you guys have read the four gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John what do you think about doing the things Jesus taught in them? For example praying in secret Matthew 6:5-6.

I think we need to to take the whole bible into account and look very closely at What Jesus was saying when he said to pray in secrete, he was saying not to pray in a prideful way to be seen by other. I think that is the main issue here not really praying in secrete but praying sincerely. Didnt the apostles pray over people to be healed that was not done in secrete. So I really think it more about the reason you are praying is it to be seen by other so they think you are holly, or is it because you Love God and want to have a relationship with him. Obviously you can not go wrong praying in secrete, but if you take that and never pray over anyone I think that would be tragic. But when you pray over someone it better be with a pure heart not a prideful one .

In this same Gospel Jesus tells us to give in secrete, yet he applauds the widow who gave two mites at at the temple in front of everyone, that was not in secrete, it really abut the condition of the heart. Remember he said the widow gave more then the all the others because they gave out of there abundance she gave her last two mites she had to live on.

I think we need to to take the whole bible into account and look very closely at What Jesus was saying when he said to pray in secrete, he was saying not to pray in a prideful way to be seen by other. I think that is the main issue here not really praying in secrete but praying sincerely. Didnt the apostles pray over people to be healed that was not done in secrete. So I really think it more about the reason you are praying is it to be seen by other so they think you are holly, or is it because you Love God and want to have a relationship with him. Obviously you can not go wrong praying in secrete, but if you take that and never pray over anyone I think that would be tragic. But when you pray over someone it better be with a pure heart not a prideful one .

In this same Gospel Jesus tells us to give in secrete, yet he applauds the widow who gave two mites at at the temple in front of everyone, that was not in secrete, it really abut the condition of the heart. Remember he said the widow gave more then the all the others because they gave out of there abundance she gave her last two mites she had to live on.

I definitely agree with how we need to ask ourselves why we're praying! Thinking before we do something is very important when it comes to self checking. My brother and I like to pray together at times if we have an issue that is effecting us both, but we only pray in our heads. So before we pray we talk about what's going on and what we would like to see happen if it's God's will. Just so we don't get proud about the thing's we're saying even if it's giving praise to God. Because often times we can even brag that we said a better praise than the other! So yeah the apostles prayed for people but maybe not out loud! We also have to remember that they were humans too, they made mistakes! Not that they were wrong about how they prayed but like you said we need to look at everything! Jesus is Lord!

Right the widow was noticed when giving, and I'm sure that Jesus applauded her because she didn't do it just for the praise of men. So again self checking is important, because not always will we be able to give and not been seen. We just can't brag!