• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Not a Game

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Staff member
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Life tests you. God allows it, to challenge you to learn and grow, but the lessons are almost always about learning to trust more in Him. God shows you who He is--His power and holiness but also His mercy and grace. The only way to pass such tests is to take God seriously.

When God told Abram to sacrifice his only son, Abram didn't hesitate to obey. He reasoned that, if God was going to let him take Isaac's life, God would then have to raise Isaac from the dead to keep His promises (Hebrews 11:17-19). That's why he told his servants, "The lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you" (Genesis 22:5). Only faith prepares you for such a test, and only faith will help you pass it.

It's dangerous to play at following God. To act the Christian on Sundays and spend the rest of the week living how you want to is, as Charles Spurgeon put it, practical atheism. That reveals a man living in fear of other men instead of reverent fear of God. Worship isn't part of your Sunday face but your life each day.

Prayer: Father, I choose recognize and honor You with all I have and all I do, today and every day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Torchbearer33 Sermons 1
Sue J Love Poetry 0
miracles Water Cooler 17
Simon Hall Counseling 11
G Ethics & Morality 2