• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Nonfiction

Hi dear friends,

I have my favourite authors pertaining to the group of fiction - Dee Henderson, Terri Blackstock, Frank Peretti - my list can go on. But there is another area in the library I like to go to and that is the non-fiction. I have my favourite authors there as well - John & Lisa Bevere, Max Lucado, Joyce Meyers - again to name a few. Wonderful teachers who bring insight and encouragement in their teachings.

The book that I'm reading now is called "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world" by Joanna Weaver. I am only half way through and found it enlightening and inspirational. In her book, part of the synopsis reads "Jesus is present today, right in the midst of your busy Mary/Martha life - and He extends the same invitation He issued long ago to the two sisters. Tenderly, He invites you to choose the 'better part', a joyful life of intimacy wiht Him that flows naturally into service for Him."

What I have read has looked into on being busy and worry. We have walk into the areas of my home such as the livingroom and the kitchen. I can't wait to get into the rest.

God bless with best wishes,
Snowrose

i love John and Lisa Bevere's ministry,i watch them on Tv everyday especially Joyce Myer!Will try to see if i can get hold of their books.

Hi Bigwhale,

Though I have a few of their books, the ones that I like was "Undercover" by John Bevere, "Out of control and loving it" by Lisa Bevere and "Battlefield of the mind" by Joyce Meyer.

I'm terrible with books - I can't tell how many I have read. But it's better that watching TV. God bless you.

Best wishes,
Snowrose

I think Books are better than TV also. I like to read teachings rather than view or listen to them. Out of the books I've read, I have found that the best authors are deceased.

I have read many current books and aricles, and some are very good, but in my opinion few author's works compare with expressions of Christ found in the writings of T.Austin Sparks, A.W. Tozer, Leonard Ravenhill, James Smith, Joseph Parker, Charles Finney, Charles H. Spurgeon, St. John of the Cross and many others who are gone on to be with the Lord.

Hey jiggyfly,

Wow! Of all the authors that you have mentioned, I can only recognize one - Charles H. Spurgeon. Sadly though I have never read any of his works. But I will for sure keep it in mind the authors you have mention. God bless.

Best wishes,
Snowrose

Oh, I forgot to mention Paul of Tarsus, who wrote; "Yet I could have confidence in myself if anyone could. If others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!*For I was circumcised when I was eight days old, having been born into a pure-blooded Jewish family that is a branch of the tribe of Benjamin. So I am a real Jew if there ever was one! What’s more, I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.*And zealous? Yes, in fact, I harshly persecuted the church. And I obeyed the Jewish law so carefully that I was never accused of any fault.
I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.*Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ*and become one with him."

Hi Jiggyfly,

It took a couple of seconds trying to figure out who Paul of Tarsus was. He did write some awesome letters so full of truth, agapa love and encouragement even though at times he was imprisoned.

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)

Best wishes,
Snowrose

Hey!
I havent read any books by Joyce Meyer, but i have read books by a couple of the other authors that have been mentioned. A couple of great books and authors i love are... Jeanette Oak (espescially "Dana's Valley" and "A Gown of Spanish Lace"), and Rob Bell ("Velvet Elvis") and a really wonderful book i read was caleld "Lost Women of the Bible" which was great. i cant remember the author, but i thoroughly enjoyed it!!!
Peace

Hi For_Him,

Yes, I've read the books that you've mentioned by Jeanette Oke, they were wonderful books. I think I've read most of her books and have enjoyed each one. The book "Velvet Elvis" was suggested by a brother here. I've never heard of the book actually until then. Now you mentioned the title. This even makes me more curious about the title - I can't wait to read it. I'm getting the book through the library.

The other title "Lost women of the Bible" I've never heard of or read myself. I looked it up to see who the author was and found a Carolyn Custis James. Is this the author of the book?

For any Frank Peretti fans, he has written a book with another writer Ted Dekker. The title is "House" - I'm looking forward to read this one as well. I've never read any of Ted Dekker's books but I heard that his writings were good.

I read too much I know but like I said before it's better than watching TV. God bless.

Snowrose