• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Non Biblical Proof of the Bible and Jesus

Hi, I am needing help in researching for information that shows proof outside of what the Bible says that the Bible is true and that Jesus was born of a virgin, died and rose again. I have a friend who is agnostic and very smart but wants proof like Thomas in the room after Jesus death. It can NOT be scripture!

Blessings
Comingjoy

Like the candies, there are "Good and Plenties" of it.

Coming Joy,
I wrote a couple of books that may help, "Bible Believer's Archaeology - Vol 1 Historical Evidence that proves the Bible", and "Vol2 The search for Truth" You can view and download the info directly at my BibleHistory website dot Net , I can't link directly because I don't have enough posts here.
Just remember that evidences in and of themselves do not bring people to Christ, only the Father draws those that are His to His Son. But they will give you plenty of talking points and openings inorder to share the Gospel with your friend.

God Bless

bible is collection of books. it was not written by single man but by many people over the time

who all believed in God and wrote about the same things, which they believed they had received from God.

I think it should do... as its written by group of witnesses/believers

Loyal
A good place to start might be with a well known historian of that period named Josephus.

h t t p : / / en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

Martin Luther: Thank you for the links, I will check them out and if given another chance with forward them on to my friend. I am to plant and or water but God does the cultivating. I believe God is speaking to him as I haven't heard from this friend in months and then he contacts me and asks me about God. I dropped off the book Case for Christ as well.

Jari: The Bible is a great source BUT if one is not a believer it will not make sense to them. My friend does not believe the Bible is true so to encourage him to read it is not the way here.

Bac: Thank you will check out that link as well.

It is so uplifting when others ask about God. I can think of nothing better than sharing Christ and all He did for us to others.

Blessings
Comingjoy

Hello comingjoy,

The truth of the matter is that the Lord doesn't give proof so we can believe; He gives faith! Even if people see miracles happen right in front of their eyes, it will not make them believe, if they are not of God. People are always trying to prove or disprove the Word but even if there is an abundance of proof to say that the Bible is true, people will simply not believe, if they did not come from God. The Children of Israel saw all the plagues in Egypt, miracles in the wilderness, were led by a pillar of fire and a pillar of cloud, yet Jesus said they are everyone dead. Why? Because they disbelieved God through His vindicated prophet, Moses! Amazing but true!

The Bible may have been written by many people but they were all inspired of God. Indeed, the Bible states clearly that all scripture is insprired of God. It is God Himself speaking through these men through the words of the Bible. The Bible also said ye are written epistles. So when your friend sees you, he is seeing the Bible, in a sense.

Having said this, the Lord can use anything to bring someone to him. I trust the Lord will turn his heart to Him.

Trust this is helpful.

It is hard to convince a skeptic that Jesus was born of a virgin, died and rose again. This goes against anything we have seen in our day to day life. Maybe start with some arguments for the existence of God. The fine tuning argument is one that seems to work for a lot of people. Also argue the first cause/uncaused cause. These seem to be some of the stronger philosophical arguments for the existence of God. After that much of what you believe has to be taken on faith. But these should open the door for you to have a strong stance for your case. :)