• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Non believers. How to encourage them towards Christanity?

Active
I have a friend who I really want to get involved in Christianity.
She's a great friend who I have a great deal of respect for.
How do you broach the subject to a non-believer?
Thank you.

Active
Because he is now my Life, my Purpose, my Savior and he is my Best Friend.
He speaks the Truth.
He is The Way The Truth and The Life.
I trust him.
He is what Love is all about.
Many many reasons why.

Loyal
Excellent! That's what you can tell your friend. There's a million ways of going about sharing the gospel, but talking of your own experience and the reasons why you follow Jesus is a great way to start.

No need to get clever or to think about technique, just be yourself and tell the honest truth.

Pray for you friend too, because at the end of the day, it's God who will open her eyes, not your words.

Loyal
Well, Paul told his story what happen to him.
The woman at the well, went into town and told her story, what happen to her.
The man who was born blind told his story what happen to him.
We have the story of the Ethiopian story.
We all should have a story, a powerful story what happen to us. We are called to be a witness of the divine power that cause a miraculous “new birth” within us. How we have become a “new creature” in “Christ Jesus”!
What greater story [testimony] can a person give.
If there is no “conversion “ there is no powerful witness or story of “Jesus Christ” by the “Proclaimer”!

Contemporary English Version
But the Holy Spirit will come upon you and give you power. Then you will tell everyone about me in Jerusalem, in all Judea, in Samaria, and everywhere in the world."
(Acts 1:8).
Man’s witness about Jesus in the flesh has no power! It is the witnessing of the Holy Ghost flowing through the man!
John the Baptist, powered by the “Holy Ghost”
Jesus began his public ministry after his Baptism and after the Holy Spirit descended upon him like a dove. We are to walk in the Spirit of God and not in the flesh. We are to witness in the Spirit of God and not in the flesh.. Remember we do not witness because we want to witness to somebody, we witness to someone because the Spirit of God is leading us to witness to that person and he is giving us the words to say. And we say no more or less.

Active
Great ad
Excellent! That's what you can tell your friend. There's a million ways of going about sharing the gospel, but talking of your own experience and the reasons why you follow Jesus is a great way to start.

No need to get clever or to think about technique, just be yourself and tell the honest truth.

Pray for you friend too, because at the end of the day, it's God who will open her eyes, not your words.
Great advice Hekuran, thank you. She will be in my prayers.

Active
We all should have a story, a powerful story what happen to us. We are called to be a witness of the divine power that cause a miraculous “new birth” within us. How we have become a “new creature” in “Christ Jesus”!
If there is no “conversion “ there is no powerful witness or story of “Jesus Christ” by the “Proclaimer”!

But the Holy Spirit will come upon you and give you power. Then you will tell everyone about me in Jerusalem, in all Judea, in Samaria, and everywhere in the world."
Man’s witness about Jesus in the flesh has no power! It is the witnessing of the Holy Ghost flowing through the man!
Jesus began his public ministry after his Baptism and after the Holy Spirit descended upon him like a dove. We are to walk in the Spirit of God and not in the flesh. We are to witness in the Spirit of God and not in the flesh.. Remember we do not witness because we want to witness to somebody, we witness to someone because the Spirit of God is leading us to witness to that person and he is giving us the words to say. And we say no more or less.

Thank you PloughBoy,
I will bear that in mind.
I thought of her as a person (if she believed) that God would want on his side when the battle commences. Ephesians 6:10-20

Loyal
Many Christians have not realized the power of their “testimony” of their own conversion. But they will gladly tell of “Apostle Paul’s” not realizing the “Power of their own”. Never be ashamed of the “Gospel of Jesus Christ” that change your life. For it is the power of God unto eternal life. And unto those who hears you. One day, Jesus reach down and pick up the “dirt of this world in his hand and spit on it, and made mud and took that mud and Wipe that man’s eyes, and that man’s eyes was open that he might see.
Every now and then you must not be ashamed of the “gospel of Jesus Christ” and reach down and take some of that mud in your life that Jesus made spittle, and wipe that same spittle into another’s eyes, that they might see!

6Having said these things, he spat on the ground and made mud of the spittle, and put the mud, as ointment, on his eyes. 7And he said to him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, which is interpreted, Sent. He went therefore and washed, and came seeing. (John 9:6,7).

Loyal
I thought of her as a person (if she believed) that God would want on his side when the battle commences. Ephesians 6:10-20

The battle is already happening Josephine, it has been so from the fall.

Pray for your friend before sharing with her, pray for her protection from the enemy of souls, and for her salvation in Jesus Name. Then when you are with her share gently and lovingly what you have shared above, let the Spirit guide you, the love of Christ in you will be seen by her.

Many searching hearts will acknowledge there is something about a certain person, they do not know what it is, they cannot put their finger on it so to speak, it is Jesus.

Do not worry if at first she doesn't seem to want to know, just love her and be her friend, Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, God works on the heart as you already know.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

2 Corinthians 4:6-8
Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.

@Hekuran gave a wonderful example, Christ in you is your true testimony. Tell it as it is from the heart.

Bless you.

Active
The battle is already happening Josephine, it has been so from the fall.

Pray for your friend before sharing with her, pray for her protection from the enemy of souls, and for her salvation in Jesus Name. Then when you are with her share gently and lovingly what you have shared above, let the Spirit guide you, the love of Christ in you will be seen by her.

Many searching hearts will acknowledge there is something about a certain person, they do not know what it is, they cannot put their finger on it so to speak, it is Jesus.

Do not worry if at first she doesn't seem to want to know, just love her and be her friend, Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, God works on the heart as you already know.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

2 Corinthians 4:6-8
Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.

@Hekuran gave a wonderful example, Christ in you is your true testimony. Tell it as it is from the heart.

Bless you.
Thank you so much Brother-Paul.
When I read your message it makes sense to me now.
'Jesus' sparked that thought in my mind, of how special she is. I see that now you have explained to me how Jesus works through the Holy Spirit.
She is a formidable force of nature! She is also Kind, Caring, Generous and Thoughtful.
I feel very emotional about her when I think about God in the battle. That I can see her standing beside God, along with us All. "Stand your ground. Stand fast, I say". Very emotional scripture for me.
Now I know what to do, Thank you.

Active
Many Christians have not realized the power of their “testimony” of their own conversion. But they will gladly tell of “Apostle Paul’s” not realizing the “Power of their own”. Never be ashamed of the “Gospel of Jesus Christ” that change your life. For it is the power of God unto eternal life. And unto those who hears you. One day, Jesus reach down and pick up the “dirt of this world in his hand and spit on it, and made mud and took that mud and Wipe that man’s eyes, and that man’s eyes was open that he might see.
Every now and then you must not be ashamed of the “gospel of Jesus Christ” and reach down and take some of that mud in your life that Jesus made spittle, and wipe that same spittle into another’s eyes, that they might see!

6Having said these things, he spat on the ground and made mud of the spittle, and put the mud, as ointment, on his eyes. 7And he said to him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, which is interpreted, Sent. He went therefore and washed, and came seeing. (John 9:6,7).
Thank you PloughBoy.

Active

Thank you ploughBoy. I'll try to remember to say 'no more or less' !

Loyal
Thank you so much Brother-Paul.
When I read your message it makes sense to me now.
'Jesus' sparked that thought in my mind, of how special she is. I see that now you have explained to me how Jesus works through the Holy Spirit.
She is a formidable force of nature! She is also Kind, Caring, Generous and Thoughtful.
I feel very emotional about her when I think about God in the battle. That I can see her standing beside God, along with us All, ready. "Stand your ground. Stand fast, I say". Very emotional scripture for me.
Now I know what to do, Thank you.

When a soul feels so special to us, as believers in Christ, saved souls, it is so often because the Holy Spirit is leaning on our heart, He wants us to share Jesus, but He also wants us to leave the rest to Him. The latter is always the hardest part. That was why I quoted Proverbs 3:5-6 it is often worth noting verse 7 also.

Do not worry about the battle sister, Trust in the Lord, the battle is not ours. Leave everything to him, pray always, share Jesus, give thanks and leave everything else to the Holy Spirit. Rejoice and give thanks...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always,
pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 Peter 3:15-16
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

But do so always in gentleness and in Love. The Love of Christ that pours from our heart.

Bless you

Active
When a soul feels so special to us, as believers in Christ, saved souls, it is so often because the Holy Spirit is leaning on our heart, He wants us to share Jesus, but He also wants us to leave the rest to Him. The latter is always the hardest part. That was why I quoted Proverbs 3:5-6 it is often worth noting verse 7 also.

Do not worry about the battle sister, Trust in the Lord, the battle is not ours. Leave everything to him, pray always, share Jesus, give thanks and leave everything else to the Holy Spirit. Rejoice and give thanks...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always,
pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 Peter 3:15-16
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

But do so always in gentleness and in Love. The Love of Christ that pours from our heart.

Bless you
Thank you Brother-Paul.
Yes, I completely have faith and lean not on my own understanding. I'm very much of the mind set that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be..
There's no pushing on this and I have to calm down. There's no rush, I keep being told! :) Just calm down and have faith that it's all being taken care of. And enjoy yourself!:grinning:
I have noted those verses and will get straight on to those as soon as I've read the 16th day of my book 'The Purpose Driven Life'. By Rick Warren. A 40-day spiritual journey. In Christ, if you were wondering :grinning:.