• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

New to christian life

Hello everyone!
I wish every one is well.

I have a question on living as a Christian.

In daily life, and at work or with friends and/or family.

I am finding it hard to behave or think in good ways because at times I am surrounded by music or people who are not Christian.
Any advice on how I can feel more at ease and behave better and act as a christian.

If anyone has some experience with this.
I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Staff Member
@Lizzy

Greetings,

without knowing a bit more, it is a bit hard to offer much advice to you except that if you really want to 'succeed' then you really have to take it to the Lord in prayer - to the same extent.

There is and always will be lots of distractions but that is no reason to not pray.

Do you read a Bible?

Can you tell a little more about your faith? (you don;t have to if you don't feel comfortable)

I look forward to hearing back from you and until then, know that the LORD knows where you are at and that you can talk with Him in prayer about anything.

Bless you ....><>

ps.. i found this for you )it is addressed to men but that is OK because it fits all who belong to Him Who gave His life for them and believe

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4

If you're a Bible-believing, Jesus-following Christian, you can be sure that people will say you are "different." They may mean that as a compliment, or they may be mocking you, but when you have God's Spirit inside you, your words and actions will be noticeably different from those of men who don't know Jesus.

Today's verse is part of a letter from the apostle John to a man named Gaius, a member of an unnamed church John apparently oversaw. In this deeply personal letter, John tells Gaius that his greatest joy was hearing that the believers in this church were "walking in the truth."

The phrase "walking in truth" has simple but profound meaning. It speaks of believers who live and think according to the ways of the faith as God has revealed them in the Bible. It means, as the apostle Paul wrote, that a man of God does "not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2 NKJV)

Do you trust God enough to walk daily with Him and His ways, to allow Him to continually transform you into the man He intends you to be?

Prayer: Lord, thank You for revealing to me Your truth through Your Word and for empowering me to live daily in that truth.

@Lizzy

Greetings,

without knowing a bit more, it is a bit hard to offer much advice to you except that if you really want to 'succeed' then you really have to take it to the Lord in prayer - to the same extent.

There is and always will be lots of distractions but that is no reason to not pray.

Do you read a Bible?

Can you tell a little more about your faith? (you don;t have to if you don't feel comfortable)

I look forward to hearing back from you and until then, know that the LORD knows where you are at and that you can talk with Him in prayer about anything.

Bless you ....><>

ps.. i found this for you )it is addressed to men but that is OK because it fits all who belong to Him Who gave His life for them and believe

Hello Br. Bear

Thank you for your reply I am happy to receive a reply

I do try and read the bible and I am Catholic faith.
But I recently have been trying to follow being a Christian.
But I am unsure as where to start.
Also there are mortal sins and sins that come up in my life also that I'm guilty of doing.
Thank you

Loyal
Hi Lizzie

The book of Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." so you're not alone in sinning.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 10: 9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raise Him from the dead, you will be saved, vs 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness,"

And we also have 1 Timothy 2:5 " For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

1 Corinthians 15: 1-3 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the Gospel which I preached to you, ....... by which also you are saved,......that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son , that who so ever believes in Him , will not perish but have everlasting life."

Active
Hello everyone!

I am finding it hard to behave or think in good ways because at times I am surrounded by music or people who are not Christian.
Any advice on how I can feel more at ease and behave better and act as a christian.

I would appreciate it.
Thank you

In the morning when you wake up ''put on Christ''. Get on your knees and say a prayer for the day.

You will find you will go strong the first half of the day and as you get tired, be rougher around the edges the second half of the day.

As a new Christian God has a lot to teach you and will use your day's circumstances and situations to do so.

After a while as you mature, you will better grasp who you are in Christ and how clearly you stand out from the crowd just by being a Christian.

The human face has over ten thousands different expressions. Anyone's mind can pick up these differences. As such, the smallest ''Christian attribute'' you show will be seen by all.

The only ''Golden rule'' to remember is ''DO NOT deny Jesus''. Swearing is not denying Jesus. Talking dirty is not denying Jesus. When someone asks if you go to church, if you serve Jesus, you say ''Hell yes''. Why don't you?

You can deny Jesus and repent, but that kind of incident will eat at you for a good ten - twenty years. So, don't.

Loyal
The Golden Rule is to do unto others as you'd have them to unto you. Matthew 7:12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Your "hell, yes" -- would Not be a good response to that question or Any question. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would be enough.

And what's with your very last sentence?

So -- a person Does need to remember the Biblical Golden Rule. And it has nothing to do with a person denying Christ.

People in other countries are -- lots of time -- martyred because they Won't deny Christ. Because they know that Jesus Christ is their personal Lord and Savior -- they Won't forsake Him.

Some of the advise you are giving is a bit 'odd' to say the least.

Active
You have to decide whether what you are doing is to please yourself or to please God. If you're acting like a harlot, taking drugs to get high and see psychadelic b.s., not living in reality and living for the pleasures of the flesh and the world, you're following the devil and not following Christ.

End your relationships with those that are leading you to destruction. Focus on reading and learning the Word of God; study to show yiurself approved. Your purpose as a Christian is to know God and love God the way HE knows and loves you, and to share that knowledge and love with others that are lost and afraid. You don't get there by living for the world. Peace and blessings.

Active
Hello everyone!

I would appreciate it.
Thank you
You can be Christian and enjoy music too. :)

I'd advise you to just relax when you're at work or in the world.
If you practice prayer and stilling your mind through meditation, you'll find it easier to feel the comfort of the holy spirit within you. And then it will become easier to still your mind and listen to his guidance.

I'd suggest you not look for a mold to fit into and assume a formulaic behavior, thinking there is a script to follow so to appear Christian.

Be yourself, genuine, sincere, empathetic, and trust God to guide your steps and words. You're always in his protection.:) No fear.

Loyal
@Lizzy -- living a Christian life is not especially easy at all. We can't really avoid living amongst the unsaved. But we Do have the Holy Spirit living within us to help give the inner strength to do the right thing. And sometimes we Do need to end relationships / friendships that are not healthy. We pray and ask God to help us in our decision-making.

Active
You can be Christian and enjoy music too. :)

I'd advise you to just relax when you're at work or in the world.
If you practice prayer and stilling your mind through meditation, you'll find it easier to feel the comfort of the holy spirit within you. And then it will become easier to still your mind and listen to his guidance.

I'd suggest you not look for a mold to fit into and assume a formulaic behavior, thinking there is a script to follow so to appear Christian.

Be yourself, genuine, sincere, empathetic, and trust God to guide your steps and words. You're always in his protection.:) No fear.
It depends on what music you enjoy. There is satanic music out in the world, many with destructive and profane lyrics. Stick to music that blesses, honors, and glorifies God; there's plenty of contemporary music that does. Any music that doesn't glorify God usually appeals to a worldly fleshly mindset; this music should be rejected.

Loyal
As a suggestion -- try 91.3 FM -- it's an 'easy-listening' station. A variety of music that's easy to listen to -- soothing -- some religious included.