• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

New Ordination

A few years back, Mrs. Jiggyfly and myself were licensed and ordained after graduating from a ministry school. Looking back it seems ages ago. We were very excited, we were frequently called on to minister here and there. I don't recall a time that signs and wonders did not manifest. But soon the invitations were few and far between. At that time we didn't understand why but we trusted God to lead us and open doors. He did just that. But not the way we were hoping. People with needs began to call us at home and come by our home. They call and come by at any and all times, seeking something from God that they did not feel comfortable or at liberty voicing there need to their local congregation. Over the last few years we have seen God move so miraculous in our lives and the lives of others and all in our home( or walmart, the grocery store or where ever we happen to be). Other than a wedding, a few baby dedications and a couple of memorials, no one ever asked to see our ministerial credentials. It was the power of God in our lives that gave us credibility. I now have a new cerificate of ordination that I call the real deal.
Here is a copy.

CERTIFICATE
of
Ordination
For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh,
not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of
the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put
to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised
God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should
glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from
God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—that, as it is written,
“He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.” {1Cor1:26-31}

This is to certify that the bearer hereof __Jiggyfly______________ has been chosen, from the bottom of their class. Not wise, mighty, nor noble, but "foolish" "weak" and "base". Accordingly he/she is hereby qualified as God leads, to begin their ministry of confounding the wise and prudent. Moreover, having no excellence of his/her own, he/she is equipped with the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus their Lord. For whom they have suffered the loss of all things, that they may "win Christ". For the Father has chosen to pour this treasure into such "earthen vessels," that the excellency of the power may be of Him. (see 2 Corinthians 4:7) Furthermore, the bearer hereof, having no wisdom of his/her own, is the recipient of Christ as their only source of Wisdom. In their weakness He is strong. They have learned what it means to be crucified through weakness and yet alive by the power of God. (2 Corinthians 13:4) They glory in their weakness that the power of Christ may rest upon them.
Hue Mility

Last edited:
Brother . I will put a copy of this right next to my ordianation cetificate . It's all just paperwork ! Thanks brother ! :love: :boy_hug: :computer: Mike

Administrator
Staff Member
Very nice jiggy :) I like that certificate.

For further indept to the meaning....

Mathew Henry's Classic Commenataries

Verses 26-31

God did not choose philosophers, nor orators, nor statesmen, nor men of wealth, and power, and interest in the world, to publish the gospel of grace and peace. He best judges what men and what measures serve the purposes of his glory. Though not many noble are usually called by Divine grace, there have been some such in every age, who have not been ashamed of the gospel of Christ; and persons of every rank stand in need of pardoning grace.

Often, a humble Christian, though poor as to this world, has more true knowledge of the gospel, than those who have made the letter of Scripture the study of their lives, but who have studied it rather as the witness of men, than as the word of God. And even young children have gained such knowledge of Divine truth as to silence infidels. The reason is, they are taught of God; the design is, that no flesh should glory in his presence. That distinction, in which alone they might glory, was not of themselves. It was by the sovereign choice and regenerating grace of God, that they were in Jesus Christ by faith.

He is made of God to us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption; all we need, or can desire. And he is made wisdom to us, that by his word and Spirit, and from his fulness and treasures of wisdom and knowledge, we may receive all that will make us wise unto salvation, and fit for every service to which we are called. We are guilty, liable to just punishment; and he is made righteousness, our great atonement and sacrifice.

We are depraved and corrupt, and he is made sanctification, that he may in the end be made complete redemption; may free the soul from the being of sin, and loose the body from the bonds of the grave. And this is, that all flesh, according to the prophecy by Jeremiah, jeremiah 9:23-24 , may glory in the special favour, all-sufficient grace, and precious salvation of Jehovah.

Thank you so much for sharing that jiggyfly

Chosen Vessel
The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many which one would He choose?

"Take me, cried the gold one I'm shiny and bright,
I'm of great value and I do things just right.

My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for someone like you, Master, gold would be the best!"

The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;

"I'll serve you, dear Master, I'll pour out your wine
And I'll be at your table whenever you dine,

My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And my silver will always compliment you."

Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was wide mouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.

"Here! Here!" cried the vessel, I know I will do.
Place me on your table for all men to view."

"Look at me", called the goblet of crystal so clear.
"My transparency shows my contents so dear,

Though fragile am I,I will serve you with pride,
And I'm sure I'll be happy in your home to abide."

The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.

"You may use me, dear Master", the wooden bowl said.
"But I'd rather you used me for fruit, not for bread!"

Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay,
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.

No hope had the vessel that the master might choose,
To cleanse and make whole, to fill and to use.

Ah! This is the vessel I've been hoping to find,
I will mend and use it and make it all mine.

I need not the vessel with pride of itself;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;

Nor the one who is big mouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;

Nor the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with my power and might

Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay.
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.

Spoke to it kindly "There's work you must do.
Just pour out to others as I pour into you."

Author Unknown

Coconut said:
Thank you so much for sharing that jiggyfly

Chosen Vessel
The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many which one would He choose?

"Take me, cried the gold one I'm shiny and bright,
I'm of great value and I do things just right.

My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for someone like you, Master, gold would be the best!"

The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;

"I'll serve you, dear Master, I'll pour out your wine
And I'll be at your table whenever you dine,

My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And my silver will always compliment you."

Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was wide mouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.

"Here! Here!" cried the vessel, I know I will do.
Place me on your table for all men to view."

"Look at me", called the goblet of crystal so clear.
"My transparency shows my contents so dear,

Though fragile am I,I will serve you with pride,
And I'm sure I'll be happy in your home to abide."

The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.

"You may use me, dear Master", the wooden bowl said.
"But I'd rather you used me for fruit, not for bread!"

Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay,
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.

No hope had the vessel that the master might choose,
To cleanse and make whole, to fill and to use.

Ah! This is the vessel I've been hoping to find,
I will mend and use it and make it all mine.

I need not the vessel with pride of itself;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;

Nor the one who is big mouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;

Nor the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with my power and might

Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay.
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.

Spoke to it kindly "There's work you must do.
Just pour out to others as I pour into you."

Author Unknown

I loved this Coconut and thank you Jiggyfly. God's the best isn't he....

Beyond all our comprehension and understanding.

jiggyfly said:
A few years back, Mrs. Jiggyfly and myself were licensed and ordained after graduating from a ministry school. Looking back it seems ages ago. We were very excited, we were frequently called on to minister here and there. I don't recall a time that signs and wonders did not manifest------

Wow Jiggyfly that is so great!

It is the Lord that calls ,ordains, anoints and appoints - not man.. And that s what is important. Many leaders are self appointed and have no power or fruit in their lives. But there are many groups that would hesitate to open their doors if you did not have papers.of ordaination and licenced - so it can help. However, if the Lord really wants you to minister at a certain place he will open the doors.

As I began to read this, these verses came to me:

2 Tim4: 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

The Lord spoke to me to say --

Whether man accepts this calling or not
You are called and ordained of GOD
He has anointed you to do a work for Him.
You sufficiency is not in yourself but in Him.
Walk in the ways and commandments of the Lord ,
in His steps, as He leads you by His Spirit.
Walk in the Spirit not the flesh and listen to his voice.
Be diligent to speak His Word, even in the face of those
Who would oppose the gospel of Christ.,
God’s grace will be with you.

Jiggyfly-----u r own

A man after my heart (or is it others, who don't know who anointed you for the task)
Great stuff. Thanks for that wisdom(not of your own)