• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Never Guilty—Never Disappointed

Active
A believer can be discouraged or dissatisfied but does not have to be disappointed, cast upon hardness but not cast down, intentionally offended but not offended, heartbroken but joyous in Christ.

The access to disappointment is dependence on self or others but dependence on God never disappoints. If we depend on His Word that, “All things work together for good to those who love God” (Rom 8:28), there cannot exist a justifiable disappointment for the believer?

If we depend on His Word that the believer is completely cleared and guilt-free of sin’s eternal curse of damnation, which is the greatest of grace’s gifts because it allows eternal fellowship with Him, we are entirely fictional in finding disappointment.

Discouragement and self-disappointment is expected during the “babe in Christ” stages, but during the maturing stages (which has no pinnacle) one finally learns that everything that is desired, even in the disruption and distraction of the “old man,” ultimately results in, “to will and to do of His good pleasure,” because He, “works in you” this overall (Phil 2:13).

We can and should be dissatisfied with our “old man” when we encounter its workings from self and others, but we never need to allow disappointment (which is faith-building), considering that God not only foreknows all our occurrences but also foreknows that our ultimate desire in them is to please Him.

Can the believer truly incur any type of real guilt (not even self-induced, which would be nonexistent) on the conscience of his person when affected by the “old man,” considering God has, regardless of any situation, already declared innocence on him (but not on the old man, for sin is never forgiven when condemned—Rom 8:3)?

The believer’s overriding contemplation, esp. in the most heartbroken of times, can be his guiltless condition in which the Father, through His Son, our Lord Jesus has placed him and this alone can allow freedom from over-expecting more from self than what God expects; yea, which He also foreknows and thus is never condemning but chastising, loving and instructional.

The old man is our old spirit ! The one we had before salvation ! The new man is our new spirit He gives us at salvation 1 replacing that old man or we can say our old spirit !

Rom_6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Eph_4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Col_3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Our New spirit is called new man , hidden man , inward man , new creature , inner man !
That what salvation is Born again ! a brand new birth ! God gives us a New baby spirit !

the old spirit or old man is gone forever more 1 But we still have those bad thoughts from it , still in our flesh mind ! That why He tells us we must renew our flesh mind ! replace those bad thpoughts with HIs living words1 that why it so important to read 5the bible and accept it as Truth !

Heb_5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb_5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
1Pe_2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Co_3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

We begin our LIFE in OUR LORD as a new baby spirit being ! We get a brand new start ! that why all things become new and why we get new names in heaven 1 We are a new being !

Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Our name now belongs to our flesh body and dies with it !

Just guessing ! But i tend to believe our new name will be how we lived our lives here now ! It just a guess !

This is some that takes place at salvation ! there lots more that takes place in us then !

Eze_11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
Eze_18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze_36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

I sure we get a new flesh heart also ! Because I had my heart check ed once and they said it was like a young guys heart !
I told those two doctors ? Listen if my heart so good ? Why do I look in the mirror and see this old man looking back at me / They got a good laugh LOL

Active
The old man is our old spirit ! The one we had before salvation ! The new man is our new spirit He gives us at salvation 1 replacing that old man or we can say our old spirit !
I believe we are the same in our spirit; same identity but with a new nature which is after Christ's "divine nature" (Col 3:10). Otherwise I think it would be like a spirit "putting on" a spirit, instead of putting on a nature, which the latter seems more sensible to me.

But we still have those bad thoughts from it , still in our flesh mind !

Though the believer is given a new nature at regeneration, he still retains the old nature (Gal 5:17); Rom 7:14-25), which only "is crucified" (Rom6:6), but not killed, just restrained. It is written we "are dead to sin" (Rom 6:2, 11), but nowhere is it written it is dead to us, just as one being crucified is alive but cannot do what he wants. The difference is that it can no longer rule our lives (Rom 6:17, 20) and we are not guilty of it being in us.

This is some of what takes place at salvation .

Eze_11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
Eze_18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze_36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Revealing we can sin in our flesh or mind and even get sick because of it.
Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Chapter 7 of Romans reveals lots ! Paul was such a great teacher .

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We need to understand ? When the bible talking about our flesh or our spirit . And when it talks about His Spirit or our spirit .There is no trick too it . We need the holy Ghost to reveal those things and more too us .

The new Creature is a New spirit being . Made of God seed and just like our Lord Jesus . But a baby as any new birth is .

Heb_5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb_5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
1Pe_2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Co_3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Gal_6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

God does not love them any less than He does us . But I guess, they will not have so much rewards ?

Born -again is just what it says ? Born a 2nd time. This time of our spirit from God perfect seed .

1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Hope this helps someone to understand ?

Active

I see no problem believing it to be in reference to our spiritual body, but I find it more comprehensive to mean a new nature, which produces a new attitude (spirit). Same for the above because I wouldn't think this is in reference to another physical heart.

I had a heart checked a few years ago ! They make you work out some and check it on a machine , you have wires hooked to you. They said to me ? There were two heart doctors .

You never smoked or done anything bad to your self , have you ?
I said yes everything when I was young . They both said ? your heart like a young guys .
I said ? then why when I look in the mirror , I see a old man looking back at me ? They both laughed and said i do not know about that.

I have thought about that a lot . I think He does give us a new flesh heart . No way mine can be so good and me so old ?

I think a child takes it more at face value . Where we seem to look for deeper meaning ?

2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.