• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Need prayers for healing and job situation.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
I have severe arthritis in both my knees but it is worse in my left one. My job is a cleaner in a nursing home so I am on my feet all day.
I was dealing with it by wearing braces on both my knees, they helped for awhile but just a few days ago my left knee became a lot worse.
I couldn't go to work Thursday and today Friday due to the pain in my left knee, so I had to take two sick days.
I've been taking Tylenol Arthritis daily for months now and glucosamine sulfate for years but the pain is still severe in my left knee.
I'm going to get a cortisone shot this Wednesday in my left knee so please pray with me that it works.
I'm also putting hot and cold heating pads on my knee as well.
At the moment, for the last few days, I can barely walk around my apartment the pain is so bad.
I need to get this resolved asap so that I can get back to work. I am not a rich person and I need
this job to pay the bills.
I'm 62 and for me this is a physically demanding job, being on my feet all day is killing my knees.
The braces do help and if the medical insurance OKs it, I will be getting a custom brace for each knee.
The custom braces are $1800 each, so please pray that the insurance covers it.
Also pray that the situation with my knees(both left and right) will improve, so that I can get back to work!!
Thanking you for your prayers.

Hello friend,

Have you tried these supplements together? I would recommend a trial (couple weeks) of the following compounds (together, starting from the base dosages):

Glucosamine
Chondroitin
MSM
Hyaluronic Acid
N-Acetyl Cysteine

Additionally, I also recommend supplementing your diet with Collagen proteins (Indeed, it is another supplement), and to change the sources of fatty acids in your diet to sources that are not oxidized, but fresh; e.g. cold pressed oils such as olive oil, fresh nuts, and grass-fed butters. Adding a couple cups of celery into your daily dietary routine is also preferable. By targeting the structural composition of the deficient site, you might perceive relief and/or increase in functionality.

p.s. not medical advice .................................

Hope you feel better soon!

I would state this as well:

Is it possible for you to speak with your employer and receive a different position in your facility? As you mentioned that you are a cleaner in a nursing home but not how long for--I am weary if the workplace exposure to cleaner compounds (which are toxic to the body) from your job may be contributing to your ongoing or recent increase in arthritic pain.

Loyal
Glad to pray for you. Have you considered early retirement and then continue working part time so that you dont have to be on your feet as often? I have foot problems and thats what I am going to do, but I am only 60 now, early retirement is at 62.

Active
Praying for you.

I also have a very hard time at work, because of this virus. We do not get many clients these days, and the situation is getting worse for me as I run a studio, and it is the only way of my income, and I'm worried, because I also have people working for me. We do most of the work from home now.

Do not give up. God will help you.

Active
Glad to pray for you. Have you considered early retirement and then continue working part time so that you dont have to be on your feet as often? I have foot problems and thats what I am going to do, but I am only 60 now, early retirement is at 62.
I would love to but can't afford to right now.

Active
Thanks everyone for your prayers and suggestions, I will return shortly and respond to all of you.

Active
Hello friend,

Have you tried these supplements together? I would recommend a trial (couple weeks) of the following compounds (together, starting from the base dosages):

Glucosamine
Chondroitin
MSM
Hyaluronic Acid
N-Acetyl Cysteine

Additionally, I also recommend supplementing your diet with Collagen proteins (Indeed, it is another supplement), and to change the sources of fatty acids in your diet to sources that are not oxidized, but fresh; e.g. cold pressed oils such as olive oil, fresh nuts, and grass-fed butters. Adding a couple cups of celery into your daily dietary routine is also preferable. By targeting the structural composition of the deficient site, you might perceive relief and/or increase in functionality.

p.s. not medical advice .................................

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for your advice, I've been taking Glucosamine for years and started taking vitamin D3, also on
Tylenol arthritis . Got a cortisone shot yesterday and that seems to be helping.

arthritis

Active
I would state this as well:

Is it possible for you to speak with your employer and receive a different position in your facility? As you mentioned that you are a cleaner in a nursing home but not how long for--I am weary if the workplace exposure to cleaner compounds (which are toxic to the body) from your job may be contributing to your ongoing or recent increase in arthritic pain.
I've been there for 12 years and the only way we can change jobs is to apply for a different open position. But I'm keeping my eyes open for one. There very careful about the cleaning products and I only use one at the moment and never have to touch it.

Active
Very sorry to hear of your foot problems, I will pray for you and your early retirement!!

Active
Praying for you.

I also have a very hard time at work, because of this virus. We do not get many clients these days, and the situation is getting worse for me as I run a studio, and it is the only way of my income, and I'm worried, because I also have people working for me. We do most of the work from home now.

Do not give up. God will help you.
So very sorry to hear of your situation, I will keep you in prayer. There is nothing worse than worrying about income, I've been off work for a week because of my knees. Got a cortisone shot in my left knee yesterday and hoping that will allow me to return to work tomorrow.
Thanks for your prayers.

Active
I got the cortisone shot Wednesday, which was suppose to cure me of my knee problem for a little while but I felt the same pain tonight.
The doc said it might take a couple of days to have full effect, I hope he's right. But everyone else I talked to got immediate relief.
I am very worried about being able to do my job, I work the next 3 days. Please keep me in prayer for a solution that will work for me. This is not good, I'm trying not to panic but this is my livelihood.
I know I'm suppose to trust God but this is getting very REAL, very quickly.
Another thing is that the insurance hasn't OK the braces I need for my knees, I could never afford them on my own.
I will be calling them on Monday.
I am extremely worried!!!!!

Active
God did speak to my heart and spirit last night in a very kind and loving way, giving me hope, please keep me in prayer as I go to work today.

Active
Praise God, good news yesterday, I got approved by my insurance compnay for the braces for my knees I get them this Thursday.
Thanks everyone for their prayers!!