• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Need lots of prayer

Loyal
There are so many needs around me. A customer at work barely had enough to pay for her new tires, I offered to help out some and she said she didnt need it, but she was crying, and the Holy Spirit told me to pray for her.
My sister-in-law has had a lot of problems, serious problems, in the past 5 years, her husband of over 30 years died of brain cancer, and she has had undiagnosed fainting spells with dizziness and nausea, causing more head trauma due to falling and hitting her head. The seriously lacking medical ability in the area meant that she also went over a year lacking in a proper diagnosis until just recently.. viral meningitis... and as she just began recovering from its debilitation, 2 weeks after a further diagnosis that the hospital kept back until today... possible cancer, some type of growths in other parts of her body that they will have to have taken out. Its a lot for her to deal with. She is beginning to lose hope of getting better.

Another customer at work said his wife is in a vegetative state and that he is still caring for her at home, but he's not sure how long he can keep it up and he was so depressed.

Another sister in law that has great difficulty breathing, on oxygen almost constantly is not sleeping well, always in pain, is worse than normal right now. Its not easy getting old sometimes.

My wife has lots of pain due to fibromyalgia and arthritis and sleeps very poorly as well, and she is worried about her sisters. And all these people are just some of what I have been seeing recently.

Although I am not depressed about all the sadness I see, (we are in a fallen world) I must be sad with those who are sad or fail in showing compassion to those I care about. So sometimes I worry, because I wonder why I am not more affected by all the sadness around me, that I must pretend to be sad, when actually I trust God to take care of them, just not in the way they want. I know they want a healthier body, and end to unending pain, knowing whats wrong with them, having access to medical doctors who know what they are doing, Things so many take for advantage. But everything in this world is temporary, our pains, our healthy bodies, even those fellow humans we depend upon for love and support. Only our spirits are forever, our faith, hope, and love... joined together with the God of the whole universe. To me, I say, what is pain and suffering but a temporary thing we must bear for a time. So I ask for prayers for these people and all the hurting people out there now, that God either heals them, calls them home, or helps give them hope to endure. And pray that I can help them however I can.

Staff Member
Praying brother!
Also, praying for you. You are the light of Christ to these peoples lives. Regardless of whether they are believers or not.
Sad, for what they are going through, but kind with gentleness for the Love of Christ Jesus that is there for them.
For as you know that no matter what occurs in this darkened world, our Lord God is already Victorious!
So, touch their lives, and from your words you are. Just help them to see through the Temporal to the Spiritual. Continue to let them know the Hope there is in Jesus!

Oh Heavenly Father. Glorious is your Name!! Blessed are you in all you do.
I come before you for your child Brad. Let the Holy Spirit be overflowing in His life!
That in all that he does and says, be touched with your Holy guidance and spirit.
That as the Salt of the Earth he may bring Godly favour upon those you have brought to him to touch.
In the name of your Son Jesus I am praying. Amen! Amen! Amen!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
Greetings Brad,

I was thinking about Salt and Light.
It occurred to me that neither concern themselves about being what they are or if they will be or any such consideration or doubt. They simply are and therefore they do what they do because of what they are.
Thinking of you and your present place, I see you as being Salt and Light and I encourage you to continue being who you are in Christ Jesus the Lord.

Bless you ....><>

Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 5:16

Now thanks be unto God, Which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
2Corinthians 2:14-17