• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Need emotional support

A couple moments ago, I felt alone. Like it finally struck me that I was alone or at least the feeling of loneliness. My throat still feels bitter and tighten, and my head feels bitter and tighten as well. I never felt alone in my life. I;m always by myself growing up as child and very introverted and in one room but I never felt alone until today. It just came out of nowhere.

Now I'm really questioning if I can follow a godly life. The feeling sprung from the acknowledgment of the fact I don't have friends as in plural and maybe I'm just using God to feel less lonely or make up the lack of of friends I have. I'm not sure if I can do this permanently. I stopped watching bad secular tv that promoted negative messages, and bad music. I been reading the bible for hours yesterday and today. Now I'm not sure if this can satisfy me or fix my loneliness.

Loyal
You were created, as were we all, to be a member of a community. Regardless of your fears of others, you must reach out to others. How can you be of God, if you wont show others the Love God has shown you? Glad to pray for you!

A couple moments ago, I felt alone. Like it finally struck me that I was alone or at least the feeling of loneliness. My throat still feels bitter and tighten, and my head feels bitter and tighten as well. I never felt alone in my life. I;m always by myself growing up as child and very introverted and in one room but I never felt alone until today. It just came out of nowhere.

Now I'm really questioning if I can follow a godly life. The feeling sprung from the acknowledgment of the fact I don't have friends as in plural and maybe I'm just using God to feel less lonely or make up the lack of of friends I have. I'm not sure if I can do this permanently. I stopped watching bad secular tv that promoted negative messages, and bad music. I been reading the bible for hours yesterday and today. Now I'm not sure if this can satisfy me or fix my loneliness.
It sure sounds tome as if you are lacking meaningful interactions with others. Just sitting and reading alone will not help. You need to develop your peer-support group. Are you a member of a church? If not, I would suggest you join one. If you are a church member, dos your church have any support groups you might join? For example, mine has what are called chalice groups. These are groups of ten persons who regularly meet with the minister to discuss and share their feelings about pressing issues in their personal lives. If this kind of group appeals to you and your church doesn't have one, you might seek out a church which does. I am sure you can find some.

I also was ruled by my emotions, then a person gave me an idea.

"Why don't you draw a chart of your emotions, so you can see what you're feeling."

So I began a quest to learn how emotions work and now a year and a half later I have constructed a map of our primary emotions , and their redundant warning signals.

Loneliness is one of them, and there is a way to restore that feeling to it's primary state, which is the feeling of relationship.

I'll share the chart with you if you so choose.

Active
I am a loner. I always have been. But I am not alone (anymore) and I do not feel lonely. Trust God and only God, your faith is being tested. Will you trust God? Cry out to Him; He already knows all about it. He is your best friend; talk to Him like a friend. He will help you. Amen

I am a loner. I always have been. But I am not alone (anymore) and I do not feel lonely. Trust God and only God, your faith is being tested. Will you trust God? Cry out to Him; He already knows all about it. He is your best friend; talk to Him like a friend. He will help you. Amen
Does God talk back to you rag4aCrown.

Active
Yes @jadeofmay the Holy Spirit speaks to me; ministering to me, correcting me, humbling me, encouraging me, comforting me...God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth. It is not by power nor by might but by His Spirit that I live, move and breath; that I have my very being. Without Him I was nothing; now, I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Do you know Him? Do you know how HE thought nothing of His life and gave himself a ransom for you, me, anyone that call upon His holy name? Do you know He was rejected by His own people and His grace was and is extended unto all the world? Do you know how horrible He was treated by those that said they believed? Do you know He didn't fight back but freely want with them to be executed? Do you know Him? Have you walked with Him, step for step, heartbeat for heartbeat and trusted Him?

Only from the heart, humble and true; the Master waits to hear from you. Do you trust Him?

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen

Yes @jadeofmay the Holy Spirit speaks to me; ministering to me, correcting me, humbling me, encouraging me, comforting me...God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth. It is not by power nor by might but by His Spirit that I live, move and breath; that I have my very being. Without Him I was nothing; now, I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Do you know Him? Do you know how HE thought nothing of His life and gave himself a ransom for you, me, anyone that call upon His holy name? Do you know He was rejected by His own people and His grace was and is extended unto all the world? Do you know how horrible He was treated by those that said they believed? Do you know He didn't fight back but freely want with them to be executed? Do you know Him? Have you walked with Him, step for step, heartbeat for heartbeat and trusted Him?

Only from the heart, humble and true; the Master waits to hear from you. Do you trust Him?

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen
No, I have faith not trust.

Active
No, I have faith not trust.
It saddens my heart to hear such a statement. How can you have faith in what you can not trust?

I have no faith in this world, the people in it, not even myself do I trust; I trust and have faith in God and God alone.

It saddens my heart to hear such a statement. How can you have faith in what you can not trust?

I have no faith in this world, the people in it, not even myself do I trust; I trust and have faith in God and God alone.
I'll have to put my faith in that.

Active
@jadeofmay
In order for Him to increase (within the believer), We must decrease (within ourself, denying the lust of the flesh and the pride of this life). Amen

Trust God, He wants a personal relationship with you.

To have a relationship that is everlasting we confide one in another, We know each other, do and don't do; we can not merely know about it. We seek to please the other, and we know what ground to not tread. Amen. And if we should tread there, We hurt because we were not pleasing to our companion. Mine being the Lord. Amen

Like anything if we want to be good at something, We must become consistent, dedicated, determined, practice; like playing basketball. NBA is the elite, they practice, live it, sleep with their ball, it is their best friend.

Consistentency...is a key to any success our heart may Chase; my heart belongs to God and I chase after His own heart.

God's wisdom and understanding doesn't come without self judgment, greif and many tears. Self must be willing to walk in His footsteps; and He indeed blesses those who faithfully serve Him. Amen

@jadeofmay
In order for Him to increase (within the believer), We must decrease (within ourself, denying the lust of the flesh and the pride of this life). Amen

Trust God, He wants a personal relationship with you.

To have a relationship that is everlasting we confide one in another, We know each other, do and don't do; we can not merely know about it. We seek to please the other, and we know what ground to not tread. Amen. And if we should tread there, We hurt because we were not pleasing to our companion. Mine being the Lord. Amen

Like anything if we want to be good at something, We must become consistent, dedicated, determined, practice; like playing basketball. NBA is the elite, they practice, live it, sleep with their ball, it is their best friend.

Consistentency...is a key to any success our heart may Chase; my heart belongs to God and I chase after His own heart.

God's wisdom and understanding doesn't come without self judgment, greif and many tears. Self must be willing to walk in His footsteps; and He indeed blesses those who faithfully serve Him. Amen
You can stop praying for me now.

Loyal
You can stop praying for me now.
Does anyone who has not completely overcome the world of his own flesh as Jesus did ever stop need the prayers of others? Of course some prayers may be more effective than others, but only God is able to make the measurement. To God be the glory!

Does anyone who has not completely overcome the world of his own flesh as Jesus did ever stop need the prayers of others? Of course some prayers may be more effective than others, but only God is able to make the measurement. To God be the glory!
Yes of course, if you're praying for someone with the wrong heart the heart of the other person will feel it.

Loyal
Yes of course, if you're praying for someone with the wrong heart the heart of the other person will feel it.

And starting with the right heart of the praying person:

"... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

And starting with the right heart of the praying person:

"... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
Have I ever been healed by the prayers of other Christian's who have prayed for me?

No, never.