• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Narrow is the way that leads into life

Would someone explore, to me in the least, this Jesus revelation “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” {Matthew 7:14} ?

Actually, I see too many people in the world who seem having found it and not just a few.

For example, if only 10% of the world’s populations, on our days, were able to find the Way into Life, there number would be about 700 millions!

Thank you.

Kerim

Note:

Obviously, I also have an answer and I have personally discovered that Jesus (unlike any other human) knows, in advance and very well, about whatever He may say and teach. And this saying is not an exception. But, if I will notice that my answer could hurt the feelings of some members here, I would keep it to myself because, otherwise, I would hurt my soul as well.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Interesting question.
It will be good if some might take you up on it.

Bless you ....><>

Would someone explore, to me in the least, this Jesus revelation “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” {Matthew 7:14} ...
It is my understanding that only those who are true can pass through the narrow way of Truth to Truth, which is God.

The first thing a person needs to do is to be true to themselves. That is, to face all fears of self to know yourself.
In his way one discovers all their defects of character and shortcomings. This leads a person to repentance of sins.
Because many Christians fear this, and won't even consider it as a worthy exercise, they remain in self denial. Fear is their nature, and their rebuttal to this only proves it.

Without knowing your own truth, how can you now any Truth. God is Truth, and both are inconceivable unless it is God's will to reveal what is inconceivable the the worthy. Only the truthful are worthy of Truth. People running on self-will cannot conceive the inconceivable Truth without surrendering their own will to accept God's will. To surrender one's own will requires unconditional humility (becalmed ego) to face your own fears about self and discover your own truth, leading one to repentance.

As you will realize, not too many are willing to be self-honest enough to pass through the narrow way of Truth.
Many Christians do not understand what believing in Christ means. Christ lived truthfully. To believe in Christ is the live truthfully.
Unfortunately, most don't even want to know their own truth, let alone the inconceivable Truth of God's will for them.

That is why,,, But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
That life is a True life, a Real life, not a hopeful one, or a pretended one.

Hope that has clarified it for you.

Loyal
For example, if only 10% of the world’s populations, on our days, were able to find the Way into Life, there number would be about 700 millions!

...and yet... compared to seven billion. It is a "few".

Rev 7:9; After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;

Loyal
Would someone explore, to me in the least, this Jesus revelation “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” {Matthew 7:14} ?

Actually, I see too many people in the world who seem having found it and not just a few.

Thank you.

Kerim

Note:

Obviously, I also have an answer and I have personally discovered that Jesus (unlike any other human) knows, in advance and very well, about whatever He may say and teach. And this saying is not an exception. But, if I will notice that my answer could hurt the feelings of some members here, I would keep it to myself because, otherwise, I would hurt my soul as well.

'Enter ye in at the strait gate:
for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life,

and few there be that find it. '
(Matt.7:13,14)

Hello @KerimF,

The two ways: Deut. 30;15,16; 1 Kings 18:21; 2 Peter 2:2 & 15

* The Lord is speaking specifically to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. They were not unfamiliar with these two ways, for it had been laid before them on several occasions in their history, as the two former references above show . Life being eternal life.

* Perhaps you should reveal your answer, Kerim.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

It is my understanding that only those who are true can pass through the narrow way of Truth to Truth, which is God.
The first thing a person needs to do is to be true to themselves. That is, to face all fears of self to know yourself.

A serious fear is usually due to lack of true knowledge about a situation. All humans are born with a common weakness which is 'total ignorance' (used be known as the 'original sin'; an expression inherited from God's Word addressed to the kids of humanity in the far past). This initial status of a human baby has nothing to do with being intelligent (as of a fresh powerful computer). So Jesus came to save us (save me in the least) from this serious weakness.

In his way one discovers all their defects of character and shortcomings. This leads a person to repentance of sins.

I have heard a lot the expression 'repentance of sins'. In your view, to whom this repentance is?
To me in the least, a sin is whatever I may do and hurt my soul. So Jesus came to tell me how to protect my human living soul (born of the Divine Love; the Holy Spirit) from being hurt and, therefore, let it survive in this life and for eternity (in God's realm) after the death of my human living flesh. Naturally, Jesus (my Divine Perfect Teacher) helps me live without sinning and, therefore, repeat when necessary as He did {John 8:46}.

Because many Christians fear this, and won't even consider it as a worthy exercise, they remain in self denial. Fear is their nature, and their rebuttal to this only proves it.

Actually, many humans are created just to serve life in the world as all other living things do by playing their various roles (guided by God's instructions already embedded in their living cells)..
Jesus refers to these humans as being the ones who are born of flesh only. On one hand, they are guided to play certain roles in life (all are important for one reason or another) that are seen as good or bad; based on a man's justice which is adopted by the society in a region. On the other hand, they have to take care and worry about their fleshes only; for example, by attacking other's lands when possible, by defending themselves and families against any sort of threats and by breeding... etc. as in it is supposed to happen in a natural wild jungle ;) Meanwhile, they are usually very satisfied of themselves (in whatever they may do) without having worries about hurting their non-existent human living souls. But being born of flesh only doesn't prevent a person to give himself any title as long it gives him money and power or, at least, helps him be famous and honoured by other humans.

Without knowing your own truth, how can you now any Truth. God is Truth, and both are inconceivable unless it is God's will to reveal what is inconceivable the the worthy. Only the truthful are worthy of Truth. People running on self-will cannot conceive the inconceivable Truth without surrendering their own will to accept God's will. To surrender one's own will requires unconditional humility (becalmed ego) to face your own fears about self and discover your own truth, leading one to repentance.

As you will realize, not too many are willing to be self-honest enough to pass through the narrow way of Truth.
Many Christians do not understand what believing in Christ means. Christ lived truthfully. To believe in Christ is the live truthfully.
Unfortunately, most don't even want to know their own truth, let alone the inconceivable Truth of God's will for them.

That is why,,, But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
That life is a True life, a Real life, not a hopeful one, or a pretended one.

Hope that has clarified it for you.

In your view, when Jesus says "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me", to what Jesus is referring to:
[1] Himself as a deity/divine person to be glorified (if not worshiped) in order to save one's soul as good Pagans, good Muslims and good Jews should do towards their respective deity/holy idols (whatever their names are).
[2] or His teachings that show to those who are born of Spirit the final update image of God [the Truth] and the Way by which one can be perfect as the Father in Heaven is (also as Jesus is, since Jesus and the Father are already unified perfectly by the Holy Spirit and, therefore, have unified One Will and Power).

Kerim

...In your view, when Jesus says "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me", to what Jesus is referring to:
[1] Himself as a deity/divine person to be glorified (if not worshiped) in order to save one's soul as good Pagans, good Muslims and good Jews should do towards their respective deity/holy idols (whatever their names are).
[2] or His teachings that show to those who are born of Spirit the final update image of God [the Truth] and the Way by which one can be perfect as the Father in Heaven is (also as Jesus is, since Jesus and the Father are already unified perfectly by the Holy Spirit and, therefore, have unified One Will and Power).

Kerim
Sin is missing the point of what is true, based on beliefs (agreements made to the soul of what we consider to be true) we harbor. If that belief is not of truth, then we miss the point, and any action based on it will become sin. When we learn the truth, we realize that we had missed the point, and correct our ways. If we see the consequences of our sins, conscience points to obtain resolution (forgiveness). Though the Holy Spirit is in me, I still miss the point at times, and therefore a sinner.

The Holy Spirit guides us to Truthful Living only while we are unconditional (humble) to receive God's-will for us and the power to carry that out. As soon as we become conditional (fear based decisions) we have reverted back to self-will _ the source of missing the point (sin).

One only seeks God's-will because they are not in God's-will, but missing it. One only seeks God's-will because they are sorry to have missed it. Be seeking God's-will is repentance of sin.

How often, in a normal day, does the average Christian stay in God's-will and not in self-will.
Your can only know for certain, by your own personal experience, of your own truth about this.

Only what is true in us is worth passing through the narrow way into Truth, the kingdom of God the Father.
Harboring untruths makes it hard to squeeze through, if at all.
Is it not better to unload as much untruths while we can, while we are still here.

Loyal
Sin is missing the point of what is true, based on beliefs (agreements made to the soul of what we consider to be true) we harbor. If that belief is not of truth, then we miss the point, and any action based on it will become sin.

Mark is "missing the mark" (the center of the bulls-eye). They still use this term in archery tournaments even today. If you don't hit the center...
its a sin. Sin is sin whether we believe something to be right or not. What we believe makes no difference about what sin is.
Sin is what God says it is. We may "know" something is wrong, but we sometimes still do it, even though we know it's wrong.
That is sin. We can even go the other direction and "not do" something God tells us we should do. Sometimes "not doing" is just as much
of a sin and doing something. What we believe, and what society believes about sin has nothing to do with it. If society comes along
and says adultery or homosexuality isn't sin... that's nice but... they aren't the ones who define what sin is. When we try to do this, we
are actually making ourselves God. We decide what is right or wrong, we decide who is right or wrong, and if we like it.. it isn't sin.
If we don't like it.. it's sin.

Be seeking God's-will is repentance of sin.

God is happy when we repent of course... but He is even happier when we don't have to repent.

Prov 21:3; To do righteousness and justice Is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.

Thank you B-A-C.
Mark is "missing the mark" (the center of the bulls-eye). They still use this term in archery tournaments even today. If you don't hit the center...
its a sin. Sin is sin whether we believe something to be right or not. What we believe makes no difference about what sin is.
Sin is what God says it is. We may "know" something is wrong, but we sometimes still do it, even though we know it's wrong.
That is sin. We can even go the other direction and "not do" something God tells us we should do. Sometimes "not doing" is just as much
of a sin and doing something. What we believe, and what society believes about sin has nothing to do with it. If society comes along
and says adultery or homosexuality isn't sin... that's nice but... they aren't the ones who define what sin is. When we try to do this, we
are actually making ourselves God. We decide what is right or wrong, we decide who is right or wrong, and if we like it.. it isn't sin.
If we don't like it.. it's sin...
IMHO. It still boils down to being true or not. Truth is the only reality, and whatever is not true is unreal. The Spirit of Truth (Holy Spirit) guides us to what is true or not.
...God is happy when we repent of course... but He is even happier when we don't have to repent.
Prov 21:3; To do righteousness and justice Is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
The truth about forgiveness is:
When we forgive others, we forgive ourselves for needing to forgive.
When we seek forgiveness, God forgives us for needing to be forgiven.

Sin is missing the point of what is true, based on beliefs (agreements made to the soul of what we consider to be true) we harbor. If that belief is not of truth, then we miss the point, and any action based on it will become sin. When we learn the truth, we realize that we had missed the point, and correct our ways. If we see the consequences of our sins, conscience points to obtain resolution (forgiveness). Though the Holy Spirit is in me, I still miss the point at times, and therefore a sinner.

The Holy Spirit guides us to Truthful Living only while we are unconditional (humble) to receive God's-will for us and the power to carry that out. As soon as we become conditional (fear based decisions) we have reverted back to self-will _ the source of missing the point (sin).

One only seeks God's-will because they are not in God's-will, but missing it. One only seeks God's-will because they are sorry to have missed it. Be seeking God's-will is repentance of sin.

How often, in a normal day, does the average Christian stay in God's-will and not in self-will.
Your can only know for certain, by your own personal experience, of your own truth about this.

Only what is true in us is worth passing through the narrow way into Truth, the kingdom of God the Father.
Harboring untruths makes it hard to squeeze through, if at all.
Is it not better to unload as much untruths while we can, while we are still here.

Bold mine.

Do you mean that missing the point is a sin towards God?
I ask you this because good Pagans, good Muslims and good Jews should try their best to please their Creator by following certain rules (for being inspired from Heaven).

On my side, when I react in a way that likely pleases my flesh but hurts my soul (yes, this is how I perceived since I was teen that my being is not born of the flesh only), I may say I miss the Point. But this Point that I personally discovered and, to my big surprise, was already mentioned very clearly long ago by Jesus Christ is about protecting and feeding continuously the greatest gift I have; my human living soul. And because I can feed my soul by living the divine unconditional love only towards all others {Matthew 5:45} I knew it is born of the Holy Spirit that Jesus used mentioning; the Spirit of the Divine Love.

Naturally, what I am saying here sounds non-sense to those who are born of the flesh only (men of this world). But this is how I am and how Jesus saved me, actually saved my soul, by giving me the chance to hear his sayings, even after 2000 years, that show me clearly I am not imagining things concerning the survival of my soul.

Kerim

Bold mine.

Do you mean that missing the point is a sin towards God?...
Missing the point refers to missing the truth of the matter, whatever that may be.
God is Truth. Harboring (believing) a non-truth is offering God's soul something not true.
Offering Truth something that is not true is missing the point.

Missing the point refers to missing the truth of the matter, whatever that may be.
God is Truth. Harboring (believing) a non-truth is offering God's soul something not true.
Offering Truth something that is not true is missing the point.

I am afraid that I never met a believer (no matter if he is Pagan, Muslim, Jew or else) who sees his God, the one he heard of and believes in, is not the Truth of life. In other words, his God only, as introduced by those who are seen being his representatives on earth, knows if a rule is true or not .
Perhaps you, unlike I, had the chance to meet one ;)

I mean; although the word 'Truth' is a great word, it doesn't imply that whatever I see being real and true to me has be so to all others too.
For example, if I have to judge, hate or even blame seriously a human, my soul would be hurt badly. Also, if I defend my life (or of anyone else) by killing or hurting an offender, I would give the offender the chance to kill my soul first {Matthew 10:28}
Now the question is: if, for example, the way I live seems wrong, partially or completely, to you, should I ignore the Truth I have in me and follow the Truth you have in you ;)

I am afraid that I never met a believer (no matter if he is Pagan, Muslim, Jew or else) who sees his God, the one he heard of and believes in, is not the Truth of life. In other words, his God only, as introduced by those who are seen being his representatives on earth, knows if a rule is true or not .
Perhaps you, unlike I, had the chance to meet one ;)

I mean; although the word 'Truth' is a great word, it doesn't imply that whatever I see being real and true to me has be so to all others too.
For example, if I have to judge, hate or even blame seriously a human, my soul would be hurt badly. Also, if I defend my life (or of anyone else) by killing or hurting an offender, I would give the offender the chance to kill my soul first {Matthew 10:28}
Now the question is: if, for example, the way I live seems wrong, partially or completely, to you, should I ignore the Truth I have in me and follow the Truth you have in you ;)
There is only one Truth and you will know which that Truth is because Truth is always unconditional. Meaning, it cannot be bargained with, it is incorruptible, not needing or wanting anything for itself for it is complete. It is universal, unchanging, reliable, doubtless, fearless, always present and available to those who are unconditional (humble). Because it is unconditionality, both Truth and Love share the same traits. Unconditional Love is the expression of Unconditional Truth. Where there is Unconditional Love, Unconditional Truth supports is.

Beliefs (religions) can either contain truths or non-truths. Beliefs/religions is based on what we agree to be true (even if the Truth is that it is not True).
Any truth that does not express unconditional love is not True. It is only our human fear based self which tags Truth with stories of fear. Truth sets us free from fear, not promoting it.

There is only one Truth and you will know which that Truth is because Truth is always unconditional. Meaning, it cannot be bargained with, it is incorruptible, not needing or wanting anything for itself for it is complete. It is universal, unchanging, reliable, doubtless, fearless, always present and available to those who are unconditional (humble). Because it is unconditionality, both Truth and Love share the same traits. Unconditional Love is the expression of Unconditional Truth. Where there is Unconditional Love, Unconditional Truth supports is.

Beliefs (religions) can either contain truths or non-truths. Beliefs/religions is based on what we agree to be true (even if the Truth is that it is not True).
Any truth that does not express unconditional love is not True. It is only our human fear based self which tags Truth with stories of fear. Truth sets us free from fear, not promoting it.

In other words, it seems we agree on the fact, speaking practically, that one's truth (even in science) is, at the end, a relative matter; relative to the observer who accepts it for one reason or another.
Edit:
Sorry, after re-reading your post, I noticed you believe instead that all humans are (or should be) guided by one Truth. I am afraid this implies that all humans are created of the same nature. Are they?

I wish we can do a test and ask 10 persons, living in different regions on earth, about the true story behind the horrible 9/11 attack. As you know, it was planned to happen in daylight and as high as possible so that almost the entire world could witness its terrific events live on TV (via satellites) as I did from where I live. I bet we will get 10 different, if not opposite, stories and each person has his good reasons/evidences to support his belief. I gave this example to show that even for an earthly matter people in the world cannot have the same view while every person thinks he is right ;)

Since it happens I am a rational person, I may start from a set of abstract ideas/notions and try to deduce from them their end application in the real world. After all, this is how I work as a designer of electronic controllers. And this is why I knew, based on reason not faith, that Jesus is indeed the Living Son of God. Jesus agrees with me on all what I discovered about my deep being and the real world I live in. No other man did it as perfectly as He did. So even if the entire world will have zillion of proofs that Jesus is just a myth, this won't change anything in me. Well, would I cease believing, for example, the formula of Pythagoras (in rectangular triangle) if the world proves that Pythagoras didn't exist?

I know the way I talk here is not familiar to any member here ;) So I hope I don't hurt the feelings of anyone. I am not here to prove anything. I am just presenting what I have in mind using the English words and expressions I heard of.

Kerim

...I noticed you believe instead that all humans are (or should be) guided by one Truth. I am afraid this implies that all humans are created of the same nature. Are they?...
Born with the same nature (innocent, clean slate).
..I wish we can do a test and ask 10 persons, living in different regions on earth, about the true story behind the horrible 9/11 attack. As you know, it was planned to happen in daylight and as high as possible so that almost the entire world could witness its terrific events live on TV (via satellites) as I did from where I live. I bet we will get 10 different, if not opposite, stories and each person has his good reasons/evidences to support his belief. I gave this example to show that even for an earthly matter people in the world cannot have the same view while every person thinks he is right...
The Truth I am talking about is not about worldly truths (facts) based on worldly stories. All that is true is that humans organisms died on that day in that location_the rest is story. Getting caught up in the story misses the truth. There are deeper truths in relation to souls, whatever the truth is about that. For me to speculate is to start another story which covers the truth again.
...Since it happens I am a rational person, I may start from a set of abstract ideas/notions and try to deduce from them their end application in the real world. After all, this is how I work as a designer of electronic controllers. And this is why I knew, based on reason not faith, that Jesus is indeed the Living Son of God. Jesus agrees with me on all what I discovered about my deep being and the real world I live in. No other man did it as perfectly as He did. So even if the entire world will have zillion of proofs that Jesus is just a myth, this won't change anything in me. Well, would I cease believing, for example, the formula of Pythagoras (in rectangular triangle) if the world proves that Pythagoras didn't exist?...
My background is avionics, so lateral thinking is not foreign to me. However, there are differences between (body-mind) knowledge and (soul-mind) knowing. The first is based on (self-will) conceivable reasoning, the second is based on (God's-will/Truth) inconceivable knowing.
Knowledge is reducible, a belief, open to change, and still conditional.
Knowing is irreducible, doubtless, obvious, fearless, restful, liberating, unconditional (like Truth is).
...I know the way I talk here is not familiar to any member here ;) So I hope I don't hurt the feelings of anyone. I am not here to prove anything. I am just presenting what I have in mind using the English words and expressions I heard of...
People who get hurt feelings feel a loss of self-esteem which only comes from sensing humiliation (a threat to their own ego). If they see this truth, then they will also realize that where there is humiliation, humility, humbleness, there is truth. The truth will set us free - from our fears (including fears of humiliation).

Active
Strait and narrow...

Jesus explained how hard it is for a rich man to enter heaven...like a camel going through the eye of a needle.

What has any of this discussion have to do with the original question?
??
Truth is the way through the narrow gate. Fear is the stumbling block. Faith in the Truth removes the stumbling blocks.

Strait and narrow...

Jesus explained how hard it is for a rich man to enter heaven...like a camel going through the eye of a needle.
Hello Lanolin.
Rich does not necessarily single out the wealthy in terms of money and worldly assets. It also implies rich in self-worth, pride, ego, stories to boast, worldly knowledge, and anything else we have heavily invested in for self...to feed our self-will with.

What has any of this discussion have to do with the original question?
??

Your remark is right. But some crucial questions cannot be answered directly.

For example, how many Christians, you knew, were/are able to apply the very clear saying of Jesus {Matthew 5:44-45} in their daily life?

But on the other hand, the wide gate and broad way that Jesus is referring to are simply the ones that Pagans (and alike) were familiar to in order to receive honour from each other, mainly while they are celebrating the inherited religious rituals of their community.

I guess you know that Salvation in Islam is based on just believing that Allah of Quran is the true Creator and Mohammad (Al-Kuraishi, the name of his tribe) is the messenger of Allah. This reminds me the Christian Salvation that I used hearing a lot since I was a kid. It is based on believing that Jesus is the Saviour.

I mean; is it really hard for someone to repeat “Jesus is my Saviour” (or any equivalent expression) and follow/obey the rules which are approved by the men in charge of a Christian Church or Denomination?

A disciple of Jesus has to be free and independent as Jesus was when Jesus took a human living flesh. So any person who had to serve a certain formal group, organization or system he agrees to be limited by certain rules (in exchange of something of course) and therefore cannot be a real disciple of Jesus. But nothing prevents this person to claim he is Christian as, for example, many politicians, lawyers, soldiers and religious leaders... etc. do. But does a politician, lawyer, soldier or a religious leader of a certain group have the right to help his enemies? He would be a traitor if he does.

Now you know why billions in the world could be Christians and why no one dare persecuting them while they serve, in a way or another and with or without their knowledge, the dreams of their powerful/rich Elite {Matthew 19:24}.