• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

My Redemption

Testimony

Prior to the year 2000 - in 1995 I traveled to Border town to hear a preacher Randy Clark, I experienced another psychotic episode. In part of his sermon he stated he could smell sulphur on people who were possessed by demons. As I was psychotic I thought I was possessed which drove the episode deeper. After the sermon I went and lay in the middle of the road not fearing anything.

Since 1995 I have had 6 psychotic episodes; 2 episodes were spent in a psychiatric ward. In the year 2000 I experienced a psychotic episode on Boxing Day. I terrified my family not knowing what I was doing even knowing they were scared of me. I lost all reason. whilst watching a movie I vividly remember the television tell me you are going to die. I spent nearly a month in a psychiatric ward for my safety and my family. I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar and Schizoaffective disorder. Looking back over the years I can see traits I was Bi-Polar before my diagnosis.

August 2012 was my final admittance to a psych ward, this time when I was sleeping I awoke with fear a banshee had invaded my soul. Hence I was fearful I was going to die. The Mental Health Triage came to my house to hear what had happened. It was decided I be admitted to a psych ward. Seeing my wife crying as I left hurt me so much.

Back to the year 2000 is another chapter in my experience. For 3 years after the year 2000 I did not drink alcohol or take drugs. A close friend offered me alcohol and marijuana seeing how I was coping, I said yes I will give it a try. After smoking it I felt like it was a relief from my malaise. I took some more smoko and liked how I felt. I began to get hooked on alcohol and marijuana, the more I smoked the more I wanted it. Alcohol was a close second.

I came across Talk Jesus in August 24th 2005; I found the site so uplifting and full of love which caused me to join. I became an addict to alcohol and dope in 2003. I was a poor Christian because what I was doing to myself and family.

I believe I fell from grace hence the username fallen I used through my addictions. I remember when I was going out to get my drugs and alcohol there were sometimes tears as I went to get my fix.

My username fallen reflected how my life was headed with the drugs and alcohol.
I wish I could change my username but it is who I am now. I gave up dope 5 years ago and alcohol 2 years ago. I feel at ease knowing I am free from the scourge of my addictions.

I feel so free, free from what ailed me. God is good, He has protected me and my family. I feel close to God once more. I love seeing my wife happy once more, it is beautiful.

Blessings…

Staff Member
Thank you so much for sharing brother @fallen.

Keep praising the Lord....He loves you and will keep you.

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:1-3

My username fallen reflected how my life was headed with the drugs and alcohol.
I wish I could change my username but it is who I am now. I gave up dope 5 years ago and alcohol 2 years ago. I feel at ease knowing I am free from the scourge of my addictions.

Brother if you want to change your user name let me know....I'm sure Brother Chad would be more than willing

Blessings and Christian love

Staff Member
Greetings,

this bought tears to my eyes upon reading....

I remember when I was going out to get my drugs and alcohol there were sometimes tears as I went to get my fix.

sort of been there, done that

but let us praise the Lord Who is worthy to be praised!

Bless you and yours ....><>
thank you for sharing

ps... regarding your user name, Furious_Love I am reminded of this Scripture and truth....

For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4:24

Love is For Giving
God is Love​

Last edited: