• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

My friend needs prayer about an abortion.

Active
I talked to a very good friend of mine tonight his name is Darrell. He's had a relationship with Jesus but is away from God at the moment. He got his girlfriend pregnant. She wanted to have an abortion and he wanted her to have the baby. She was very determined to have an abortion but her Mom and family convinced her to keep the baby. Although Darrell thinks in her heart she still wants to have the abortion. She is about 12 weeks pregnant.
Since all this has happened she is mad at Darell and doesn't want any thing to do with him. This is tearing him apart. He already has two children with separate women.

He would like for her to have the baby and for the both of them to raise it but since she wont talk to him he can't see it happening. So he thinks if the baby is born he'll be fighting with her constantly to see his child. He is very, very stressed out by this situation and has lost a considerable amount of weight with his worrying. On top of all this he has recently started a new job and that is just adding to his stress.

So he told me tonight that this Saturday, he is going to try and speak with her and tell her to have the abortion. Darell thinks this is his only way out of the situation they are both in. Now a Christian friend of his feels that if he is patient,God will bring them back together. But I know for a fact that she is not a Christian, so whether that is true I can't say.

Darrell told me , that even though now he thinks the abortion is the only way out of the situation. That it will cause him extremely guilt the rest of his life. But since she doesn't want anything to do with him and he believes it is the only solution, so that they can go their separate ways.

So please pray that she will speak to him on Saturday and that somehow they can agree on not having the abortion. I'm sure Tara the girl must be going through extreme stress as well. Please pray that God would speak to her heart to have the baby. To also Darrell's heart that he would stop this destructive behavior and turn back to God. That God would save Tara and give Darrell some peace about this situation and his life.
God bless all of you!!!!!

Staff Member
Father I pray for wisdom in this situation. You do not want them even thinking about murdering their unborn baby by having an abortion. I pray that Darrell will realise he is going the wrong way and turn his heart back to You in sincere genuine repentance. Help him to see the error of what he is doing. I pray that you will show Tara in a special way that this child is real inside her body and she should go ahead and have her pregnancy and I pray that it will be a good one too. I pray that her spiritual eyes and ears will be open to hear the truth that Jesus is the answer. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. May the right person come alongside her to tell her this truth. Nothing is impossible for You Lord and I pray that Your will be done and that Tara will give her heart to You as You do not want them to be unequally yoked either in Jesus' name amen.

I will pray that Tara does not go threw with an abortion. I pray that God uses someone to tell her different in a kind way. Even though that baby is not born yet, God already knows it. God please open this woman's eyes.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

James 1:5
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

God's word holds the truth, Amen.

Active
Jesus is Lord

Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from Heaven above with wisdom power and Love
Our God is an awesome God.

Lord I ask that you place your wisdom on them, that you take control.
You know their hearts Lord, so speak to them, convict them. If it's in your will that they get back together Praise be to you.

If not, Lord pour out your love and protection on that little angel. You are a God of Life, you are the creator and ruler of everything.

Speak life to this situation, remove all resentment, anxiety, and replace it with your peace and Love.

Your will be done.

pray for you

happened is happened.Let us not cry over spilt milk. Let god understand the situation of the lovers. Let God give her the mind to not kill the child and bring the child for tommorrow. Let the Lord comfort her and make her pain free. Praise the lord. Our God is all knowing God,who understands our problem,foolishness, etc.

Last edited:

Eve

Hi,

Darrell needs to take this to the Lord in prayer. He needs to show Tara that he loves and respects her whatever her decision. If the Lord tells him to give her some space then that is what he must do whether or not he wants to or not.

The fact he has got a new job is a positive thing as he will be able to demonstrate how responsible and reliable he now is to provide a stable future for Tara and the baby.

Before I became a Christian I had an abortion. Although, I was in an unstable relationship, I wish I could have been a stronger person. At the time I felt abortion was the only way out of the situation. It was a huge mistake. It is always a tragedy to have an abortion or all concerned including the mother.

'The Church of England combines strong opposition to abortion with a recognition that there can be - strictly limited - conditions under which it may be morally preferable to any available alternative.' General Synod.

At the time I was so selfish and worried about the social prejudice I would have to face, my priorities were so screwed up I put my own fears before the life of my unborn child. In me it caused self loathing and a lack of self respect. It lead to self distructive behaviour and caused much depression. If it wasn't for my saviour I don't know where my family or I would be right now.

'So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.' (Romans 8:1)

If Tara does not have this child, she may end up lamenting the loss for the rest of her life. Tara may need councelling through this. When I became pregnant with my son, even though I was married and my son was planned, I was so scared I felt suicidal. I had councelling to face the pregnancy and birth. It really helped me to realise that I was capable of getting through it all.

At the moment I would have thought that Tara needs to feel secure with what the future holds for her and her unborn child. She needs to feel positve and supported about the decision to keep the baby. The ones closest to her at the moment, her Mom and family, will know the best way to achieve this. It is vital that Darrell handles this sensitively. That he reinforces that he loves and cares for Tara and will support her through this time and beyond, whatever that entails.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

God Bless

:love: Eve

Active
Thankyou all for praying I'm very happy to report that this young lady has decided not to have the abortion, Praise God!!!!
Please continue to pray that Tara would be saved and that God's will would take place in their relationship. Since all the controversy over the abortion they are barely talking, which is from Tara, now not wanting to have anything to do with Darrell.
Darrell got some bad news this past weekend he was laidoff from his job, he'll get unemployment insurance for awhile. So please pray that he finds a good job.

Last edited:
Active
Jesus Saves

Praise God.

He is faithful, to those who believe and cry out to him.

I will pray for Tara that God will soften her heart.

Lord I praise you for all that you're doing in her life, bring the joy of your salvation to her.

Pour out your spirit in both Tara and Darrell lives.

Amen

Staff Member
Thank you Jesus for answered prayers. I pray that tara will hear Your Holy Spirit knocking at the door of her heart and ask Jesus in to be her Lord and Saviour. You do not want any to perish and I pray that her spiritual eyes and ears will be opened to see and hear the real truth. I pray that Darrel will also invite You into his heart and that You will provide him with the right job. In Jesus' name amen.