• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

My Christmas Revelation

It is now the fourth day after Christmas of December 2011 and people all around me ask me this same question over and over again. I didn’t just know how to reply to that question but know I do.
Before Christmas I wanted really to know what the true meaning of Christmas was really about. I ask the Lord to reveal the true meaning of this Holiday.
Was Jesus really born on this day? No not really, people say that he was born somewhere around August, September range because it was fall and not winter. Christmas is a man made Holiday, its about receiving and giving of gifts.
I was doing my meditating thing like the bible says to and he reveled this to me. If you really think about it Christmas is everyday for the Christian. You receive gifts everyday and you don’t even realize it. You have the gifts of the Holy Spirit! You have Salvation, Righteousness, Revelations, Peace, and Life! Gifts of being disease free, gifts of breath, gifts of Life, and to me the best ever is the gift of Jesus dying for us on the cross, AMEN.
He also gives us gifts of the natural realm. He gave us a home (for protection), a car (Go to church and worship the Lord), family (to receive love and encouraging words), money (used to bless those who bless us), and God is always blessing us day in and day out! He is always giving us our desires of our heart.
One other thing that I got is that man only celebrates Holidays only one time a year. Valentines Day, you should give your special love and attention to everyone all the time not just once a year. Easter, you should be thankful for Jesus death everyday not just one time a year. 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas these should be celebrated every day of your life not just one time a year!
Do you see how now the devil comes and steals, kills and destroys the truth the Word holds for us.

It is now the fourth day after Christmas of December 2011 and people all around me ask me this same question over and over again. I didn’t just know how to reply to that question but know I do.
Before Christmas I wanted really to know what the true meaning of Christmas was really about. I ask the Lord to reveal the true meaning of this Holiday.
Was Jesus really born on this day? No not really, people say that he was born somewhere around August, September range because it was fall and not winter. Christmas is a man made Holiday, its about receiving and giving of gifts.
I was doing my meditating thing like the bible says to and he reveled this to me. If you really think about it Christmas is everyday for the Christian. You receive gifts everyday and you don’t even realize it. You have the gifts of the Holy Spirit! You have Salvation, Righteousness, Revelations, Peace, and Life! Gifts of being disease free, gifts of breath, gifts of Life, and to me the best ever is the gift of Jesus dying for us on the cross, AMEN.
He also gives us gifts of the natural realm. He gave us a home (for protection), a car (Go to church and worship the Lord), family (to receive love and encouraging words), money (used to bless those who bless us), and God is always blessing us day in and day out! He is always giving us our desires of our heart.
One other thing that I got is that man only celebrates Holidays only one time a year. Valentines Day, you should give your special love and attention to everyone all the time not just once a year. Easter, you should be thankful for Jesus death everyday not just one time a year. 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas these should be celebrated every day of your life not just one time a year!
Do you see how now the devil comes and steals, kills and destroys the truth the Word holds for us.

A good read! JL I agree. God showed me once...We don't have enough celebrations. Feast days. So Happy B'day Jesus. Lets party!
One really good thing about Christmas is that it breaks the winter in half. It beats the doldrums of the cold weather and cabin fever.
Since we really don't know the date of Jesus birth ... any day will do right? We'll just celebrate HIM

Last edited:
The Bible does give us the date of Jesus's birth.

The Bible Does Tell Us When Jesus Was Born as well to celebrate it.

Zec 2.10-12 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Zion</st1:place></st1:City>: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<o:p>
Ezekiel 34:12&25 The 12 is the month and the 25th the day.
12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace,

The Christmass candy cane as well.
Isaiah 43:24 You have bought me no sweet cane
</o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I prayed about this as well and after two years of study I came up with the below plus two web pages that this site will not let me post yet.

God's Word does tell us when the birth of Jesus Christ took place. The timing of the birth of Jesus is told through the story of the conception and pregnancy leading to the birth of John the Baptist. What could be more uplifting to realize and more fitting than for God to use John the Baptist whose destiny was to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to also prepare the way that reveals to us when Jesus was born?
The timing is spelled out in Luke 1. The difficulty is accurately determining when Zacharias, the father of John the Baptist, executed his duties as a priest in the temple.
There was in the days of Herod, the king of <st1:place w:st="on">Judaea</st1:place>, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia; and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course, According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. Luke 1:5,8,9, 11-13
And it came to pass that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house. And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself for five months . . . Luke 1:23-24

We are told that Zacharias was a priest of the course of Abia and that he executed his priestly duties in the order of his course. To understand the importance of the course of Abia and its bearing on the date of John the Baptist's conception, it is necessary to turn to I Chronicles 24:1-10. This passage describes how King David, a thousand years before Christ, established the courses for priestly service in the temple that was to be built. Twenty-four courses were established and numbered by drawing lots - twelve courses for the government of the sanctuary and twelve for the government of the house of God.
Members of each course would serve during a month starting with the Hebrew month of Nisan (the Hebrew month of Nisan can start anytime between early March and early April on our calendar). The sons of Abijah (the Old Testament spelling for Abia) were in the eighth course. Priests of Abia like Zacharias would have ministered for a time during the eighth month, which usually is our month of October. Zacharias would have returned home when his days of service were accomplished. Thus, John the Baptist could have been conceived sometime between October 10th and the end of the month.

The passage in Luke then goes on to describe how Gabriel came to Mary to announce that she was to be the virgin mother of the Messiah, the Lord Jesus. The scripture says:
And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou has found favour with God; And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. Luke 1:26-27,30-31,38
And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Judah</st1:country-region></st1:place>; and entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth. And it came to pass, that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost; And she spake out with a loud voice, and said. . .And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. Luke 1:39-44

After conception, scripture tells us that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Elizabeth</st1:place></st1:City> hid herself for five months. In the sixth month of her pregnancy (possibly between March 10 and April 10) the angel announced to Mary that the Lord Jesus would be conceived in her womb by the Holy Ghost. This could have taken place on or about April 1. A normal gestation period of 270 days would result in the Lord Jesus being born near December 25.

In the account of His birth in Luke 2:8:
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
A <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Montana</st1:place></st1:State> sheep rancher would report that the men who have flocks are not in church for weeks at Christmas because they have to be in the fields day and night to care for and clean up after the lambs when they are born or many would perish in the cold. The only time shepherds spend the night in the fields with their sheep is during the time when the lambs are born, according to an agriculturalist. The ewes become "attractive" to the rams the month after June 21, the longest day of the year. The normal gestation period for sheep is five months so ewes start lambing about mid-December.

It seems appropriate that the Lamb of God, who was to die for the sins of the world, would be born when all the other little lambs are born. When Jesus came and died the centuries old practice of sacrificing lambs for sin came to an end.

Ezekiel 34:8 As I live, says the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
34:9 Therefore, O you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
34:10 Thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
34:11 For thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
34:12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
The 2 in the following represents the second covenant 12 in the 12<SUP>th</SUP> month.
Luke 2.12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
The 1 below represents Jesus 1<SUP>st</SUP> birthday on the 25th
Matt 1.25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
So with the two scripture above we have the New covenant which Jesus is our covenant happening on 12.25 the twelfth month the 25<SUP>th</SUP> day. The last month in the year to carry the Old Testament into the New Covenant year.

He also gives us gifts of the natural realm. He gave us a home (for protection), a car (Go to church and worship the Lord), family (to receive love and encouraging words), money (used to bless those who bless us)

God gave you money, a car and a home?
That is an awesome God. Where do I sign up?
Or are you confusing Yahweh with Bob Barker?

Donnie

God gave you money, a car and a home?
That is an awesome God. Where do I sign up?
Or are you confusing Yahweh with Bob Barker?

Donnie

LOL Well I'm not sure about the car to go to church...What about picnics too?

Prosperity IS a part of the Blessing though. And as HIS kids we ARE the Blessed. The very first thing God said to man was BLESSING

LOL Well I'm not sure about the car to go to church...What about picnics too?

Prosperity IS a part of the Blessing though. And as HIS kids we ARE the Blessed. The very first thing God said to man was BLESSING

Hmmmm, if that were true, you would expect to find countries or states with a high adherence to Christianity to more prosperous.
In reality, however, we find an inverse correlation between religious observance and wealth, both material and societal.

Even in out shiny nation the most religious states are among the poorest, with the highest rates of violent crime and societal ills such as teen-pregnancy and domestic abuse.

And I do think the mentioning of that whole business of Camels crawling through the eyes Needles at this junction is rather apropos, because it conforms to what passes for reasoning on this forum, namely; it says so in the Book.

Donnie

Hmmmm, if that were true, you would expect to find countries or states with a high adherence to Christianity to more prosperous.
In reality, however, we find an inverse correlation between religious observance and wealth, both material and societal.

Even in out shiny nation the most religious states are among the poorest, with the highest rates of violent crime and societal ills such as teen-pregnancy and domestic abuse.

And I do think the mentioning of that whole business of Camels crawling through the eyes Needles at this junction is rather apropos, because it conforms to what passes for reasoning on this forum, namely; it says so in the Book.

Donnie

Credendo Vedes Its in Believing that you see.

Donnie the just SHALL live by faith. If you will not believe GOD for the blessing, how can you see it?

What is the very first thing GOD said to man?
Does GOD change?
No HE does not

If you don't want Blessing Just don't believe for it. But believe it or not GOD IS our source of ALL blessing.

Last edited:
Hello Donnie!

Just wished to pop in for a moment, and say you're not the only one ;)

If you wish to have a talk, you could drop on by on the thread I started!

Even better, if you know how the personal message system works on this site, that would be great! I have no clue how it works!

Hope to hear from you!

Donnie

Despite its failings, this country was indeed founded upon Christian faith. And it has indeed prospered. Look at nations which did not base their existence in Christianity, they all pale in comparison. Sadly, our nation has followed them in our corporate sin and rejection of Jesus.

Here is an excerpt on the reality of the Jamestown colony which was the first official settlement to become what we now know as America:

"London Company established the first permanent Christian colony in America with 120 settlers.

They left England December 19th, 1606, with the Charter from King James.

Reached Virginia April 26, 1607

They planted a colony at Jamestown on May 14, 1607.

Cross of Christ
Their first act was to erect a large cross to represent the cross upon which Jesus, our Lord and Savior was crucified. They knew the scripture says to call to rememberance the important things as a guide. So in this strange and wonderful new land, they wanted to remember first things first, and thus keep the life of Christ in their mind by putting the cross before their eyes. Such was their faith shown for us to know. Let us not rob the children of knowing.

The Lord's Supper
The second action of these colonists was to kneel down and take the Lord's Supper together. A bronze memorial stands at the very place where those 120 settlers kneeled on the ground, receiving the Lord's Supper from their chaplain, Robert Hunt."

Jamestown, Virginia, Rewritten History