• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

My bestfriend wants to commit suicide...

Hi everyone,
So... this is so so hard for me to write..where do i begin...

So yesterday my bestfriend and I go for a drive and my bestfriend's been holding on saying he wanted to tell me something for a while. He's been suffering for a long time with gout, for years and takes tons of medicine. He works a demanding job for his father, and hates it because its not what he wants to do, but because he's in pain... he has to endure it. Um, he also has arthritis and says he has voices in his head. Takes lots of medication to sleep, to be calm, for stress, for his health. He's falling apart bit by bit. He's always always there for everyone, and it seems... no one is there is for him. AT one point he could see aura and see some dark shadows.

I dont know what to do... i remind myself, God is in control and sits on the thrown. That sickness has no power over his life. But i can't deny... suicide was not what i was expecting to hear. It took me as a real blow.

Please.. i need your prayers, your fasting, your intercession, your supplication, your counselling. I don't know you guys on the internet...but i don't want this young man to die. He's given his heart to Jesus...

Please... intercede for me, .coz i'm so heavy-hearted

Active
Awwww ... Melissa, what a really really sad sad situation, this poor guy. He really has awful multiple issues going on there and so I guess suicidal thoughts are understandable.

You say he has given his heart to Jesus, but does he really know Him? I hate to put responsibility upon your shoulders but maybe God has sent you to save your friend's life. Can I please urge you to share deeper your faith and love by explaining and encouraging him to seek a deeper experience of God? Will that cure his problems? Maybe, maybe not, but with constant communication and encouragement from you hopefully he'll realise - I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18.

With a deeper faith he should be able to cope better with his mental health problems. So please just be there with him, pray with him and for him and reflect the love of God. I say this because I let a friend of mine down a long time ago, he had schizophrenia and I was in regular touch but a few years later I moved to the other side of the city and so contact became more irregular so I was really upset when I heard he had committed suicide.

=============================

Dear Lord God, Thank you for giving us brothers and sisters who care about us and love us and thank you Lord to that they love us and become very dear and special to us. Thank you God for for our very special brothers and sisters and help us Lord to shoulder the responsibility of caring for them.

I do pray for Melissa's friend, that he will look to you and Jesus (the pioneer and perfector of our faith) and experience more and more of your magnificence and grace and come to really appreciate that power that works for his best interests; thanks be Lord for your love and amazing provision for each of us.

Amen.

Loyal
Hi everyone,

So yesterday my bestfriend and I go for a drive and my bestfriend's been holding on saying he wanted to tell me something for a while. He's been suffering for a long time with gout, for years and takes tons of medicine. He works a demanding job for his father, and hates it because its not what he wants to do, but because he's in pain... he has to endure it. Um, he also has arthritis and says he has voices in his head. Takes lots of medication to sleep, to be calm, for stress, for his health. He's falling apart bit by bit. He's always always there for everyone, and it seems... no one is there is for him. AT one point he could see aura and see some dark shadows.

I dont know what to do... i remind myself, God is in control and sits on the thrown. That sickness has no power over his life. But i can't deny... suicide was not what i was expecting to hear. It took me as a real blow.

Please.. i need your prayers, your fasting, your intercession, your supplication, your counselling. I don't know you guys on the internet...but i don't want this young man to die. He's given his heart to Jesus...

Praying for you and your heavy heart Melissa, that God will give you grace to carry the burden. And remember that our heavenly father cares and loves even more deeply than you do.

Loyal
Hi everyone,

My dear sister,

I can feel the weight on your heart, the shock from your friends words to you, this rings bells so loud from when my wife found out I was going to take my life and I was so close. I have since thanked the Lord my wife found out when she did, I was in deep depression due to stacks of issues I wasn't coping with. I thanks the Lord for you also Melissa, I thank the Lord your friend has confided in you still, that is a life line for sure.

Life is not easy, Jesus never said it would be, to the contrary he said...

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Keep in contact with him Melissa, encourage conversation, encourage prayer, conversation with God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Let God's love show through you, the light will shine in the darkness he is in at present.

You mention your friend has given his heart to Jesus, has he, or has he talked the talk. Does your friend know Jesus? You say He has given his heart to Jesus, but has he asked Jesus into his heart, to be his personal saviour?

We must always remember, God said, thou shalt not kill. That includes taking our own life, this weighed so heavy on my heart after my wife found out I had planned suicide, afterwards I realised I almost took my own life, the life God gave me, he created me, yet I was so close to destroying what he had created. To take our own life has to be one of the worst sins ever. The devil will tell us and convince us so much, make us think we are better off out of it, make us think we cannot take any more, he is the enemy of souls, all he wants is to stop us coming to God, stop us accepting Jesus. Jesus said...

John 8:44 (NKJV) - [the devil]
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

We, are to...

Proverbs 3:5-8 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

Heavenly and most loving Father, look on Melissa and her friend right now, put your hand upon them, may they feel your presence, your Grace, your Mercy and your unfailing Love. Lift Melissa friends from the darkness he is in at present, may your light shine in his life, may he see the problems he is experiencing in a better light, a more balanced light. Lord you are the Light to the World, your light shines in this dark world, you are there in our good times, you are there in our darkest moments. You are always there for us, always there, always willing and waiting to take upon yourself our burdens. You tells us so clearly, 'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'

Lord we pray Melissa's friend will come to you and share his burdens with you, we pray he will come to you in prayer and share with you the items that are pushing him down, engulfing his thoughts. We know Lord you will set him free and we thank you and praise you. We pray also you will bless Melissa and guide her heart and mind to say the right things to her friend at the right time. We ask these things Father, in the Name of Jesus, your one and only son, our Saviour and our Lord. Amen

Active
Hi everyone,

Wow! I do not know what made me come here because I usually do not post in this area, but I felt drawn to share because I have had experience with another person with a very similar MO. And yes I will also pray for you and your friend and their family.

There are three issues here so let me start with the gout. This is a vary painful condition (not a disease) that is caused by elevated Uric Acid levels in the blood. He needs to learn how to lower his Uric Acid. There are a number of dietary changes that can help (eliminating citrus, egg yolks, and drinking much water and never ever drinking hard liquor again for starters) the best of which is putting a 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda into a glass of water and stirring it up then drinking it down each morning. These changes will begin the healing from a physical level. If he is on Zyloprim or some other anti-acidosis medicine he should not stop it but after a while he can take a blood test. Balancing that Ph is essential.

Next is the voice hearing, etc., which would need to be understood better before trying to pursue their goals. So first, yes God is on control but does not control every little detail. He is NOT some grand puppet master pulling every string. Though He may have foreknown that this person would suffer this in their life He did not cause it or create them specifically to have it.

This problem is a disturbance of the temporal lobe of the brain. It really is a physical issue and one of the most helpful things is for that person to realize they are not alone and they should research the phenomena and get in touch with resources for more information. What he or she may not realize is there are many voice hearers who have learned to cope perfectly well, some of whom are wonderful writers, creative entrepreneurs, and even actors. Start here Hearing Voices Network USA

One key is the realization and acceptance that they will suffer from this (more or less) but that THEY are the master of their voices. They have the power to discern what is right or good or healthy and unhealthy and they MUST take control of deciding which voices to listen to and which they should not. We have a mind we are not our mind and thus we can say NO! I am not going to do that or believe this because deep down I know that is wrong or not healthy etc.

Low dose Halloperidol (no more than 5 mg) seems to help many....but much of this is fragmentation and the voices are often aspects of their own inner self (usually a strict moral character vs. a morally aloof or even dangerous or ID-ish character) that can be somewhat reunited even tho at this juncture the hearer may experience them as outside like when you hear or listen to a separate person (hard for us to grasp). Once this is known to be something more common than he/she experiences it they can begin exercising more control. Full control or healing may never come because it is usually a genetic factor, or oxygen deprivation during the birthing, and sometime the result of certain drugs early on like too much Adderal. The genetic factor is usually in play though...someone in his family probably had a nervous breakdown or some form of Schizophrenia.

Finally he/she should still look into and consider moving their learning and training toward what it is they would like to do with their life. They could continue to work for their dad while they are slowly growing in this direction but they have to know that to get to D (their goal) you must go through and do AB and C (all that is required or the steps to be taken). I had one friend that wanted to go to college for business but they just would not get down to brass tacks and do the forms for grants and loans and go to administration and register and so on....so others helped...once they had that in place they were upset that when they passed everything but the math exam and would have to take preliminary math before taking standard business math...they kept hindering their own process by insisting they should be able to do it their way which led to missing the mark over and over....

Anyway, yes I will pray for you all and please please please learn about and apply what I spoke of in the first paragraph (proactively balancing that Ph)....

In His love

Paul

Thank you brother Paul... hallelujah you've been set free!
What did your wife do to literally help you back up?

My dear sister,

I can feel the weight on your heart, the shock from your friends words to you, this rings bells so loud from when my wife found out I was going to take my life and I was so close. I have since thanked the Lord my wife found out when she did, I was in deep depression due to stacks of issues I wasn't coping with. I thanks the Lord for you also Melissa, I thank the Lord your friend has confided in you still, that is a life line for sure.

Life is not easy, Jesus never said it would be, to the contrary he said...

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Keep in contact with him Melissa, encourage conversation, encourage prayer, conversation with God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Let God's love show through you, the light will shine in the darkness he is in at present.

You mention your friend has given his heart to Jesus, has he, or has he talked the talk. Does your friend know Jesus? You say He has given his heart to Jesus, but has he asked Jesus into his heart, to be his personal saviour?

We must always remember, God said, thou shalt not kill. That includes taking our own life, this weighed so heavy on my heart after my wife found out I had planned suicide, afterwards I realised I almost took my own life, the life God gave me, he created me, yet I was so close to destroying what he had created. To take our own life has to be one of the worst sins ever. The devil will tell us and convince us so much, make us think we are better off out of it, make us think we cannot take any more, he is the enemy of souls, all he wants is to stop us coming to God, stop us accepting Jesus. Jesus said...

John 8:44 (NKJV) - [the devil]
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

We, are to...

Proverbs 3:5-8 (NKJV)
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

Heavenly and most loving Father, look on Melissa and her friend right now, put your hand upon them, may they feel your presence, your Grace, your Mercy and your unfailing Love. Lift Melissa friends from the darkness he is in at present, may your light shine in his life, may he see the problems he is experiencing in a better light, a more balanced light. Lord you are the Light to the World, your light shines in this dark world, you are there in our good times, you are there in our darkest moments. You are always there for us, always there, always willing and waiting to take upon yourself our burdens. You tells us so clearly, 'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'

Lord we pray Melissa's friend will come to you and share his burdens with you, we pray he will come to you in prayer and share with you the items that are pushing him down, engulfing his thoughts. We know Lord you will set him free and we thank you and praise you. We pray also you will bless Melissa and guide her heart and mind to say the right things to her friend at the right time. We ask these things Father, in the Name of Jesus, your one and only son, our Saviour and our Lord. Amen

Hi thank you for your message.
I
Awwww ... Melissa, what a really really sad sad situation, this poor guy. He really has awful multiple issues going on there and so I guess suicidal thoughts are understandable.

You say he has given his heart to Jesus, but does he really know Him? I hate to put responsibility upon your shoulders but maybe God has sent you to save your friend's life. Can I please urge you to share deeper your faith and love by explaining and encouraging him to seek a deeper experience of God? Will that cure his problems? Maybe, maybe not, but with constant communication and encouragement from you hopefully he'll realise - I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18.

With a deeper faith he should be able to cope better with his mental health problems. So please just be there with him, pray with him and for him and reflect the love of God. I say this because I let a friend of mine down a long time ago, he had schizophrenia and I was in regular touch but a few years later I moved to the other side of the city and so contact became more irregular so I was really upset when I heard he had committed suicide.

Dear Lord God, Thank you for giving us brothers and sisters who care about us and love us and thank you Lord to that they love us and become very dear and special to us. Thank you God for for our very special brothers and sisters and help us Lord to shoulder the responsibility of caring for them.

I do pray for Melissa's friend, that he will look to you and Jesus (the pioneer and perfector of our faith) and experience more and more of your magnificence and grace and come to really appreciate that power that works for his best interests; thanks be Lord for your love and amazing provision for each of us.

Amen.

Active

Amen.
Amen x

Active
Hi everyone,

Hi Melissa, A couple of things, firstly, you say that he has committed to Jesus, secondly you say he is being demonicaly attacked and he also has gout and arthritis and finally he has a job he doesn't like. You also say that he has nobody there for him. Well taking the last point first, he has you! Remind him that a relationship with Jesus is an ongoing walk and he needs to trust his Saviour. Secondly demonic attack is par for the course for Christians, that's how we learn to overcome. If he has a job he is unhappy in, leave and find another one. and gout, although painful, I havn't heard it's incurable, and arthritis is controllable. If the lad has sincerely given his life to Jesus, you should remind him that Jesus is there for his people, he'll go to the ends of the earth for one lost sheep and the enemy cannot harm what he has no right too and the elect are not of this world (Satan's world) and as such are not under the jurisdiction of Satan. We are under the jurisdiction of our King, Jesus and we are citizens of the kingdom of heaven. You are a Christian Melissa, and as such have authority over the enemy. We need to learn how to wield our authority, and this situation may well be given you as a lesson, so seek the Lord, check out Ephesians, read up on spiritual warfare and get stuck in. And remember the enemy can by no means harm you. Luke 10:19. I will pray for you both, but I don't believe we are given these situations by chance, every situation is a lesson for strengthening the saints. bless you.

Loyal
Thank you brother Paul... hallelujah you've been set free!
What did your wife do to literally help you back up?

Greetings Melissa

There is no easy way to answer this, if you have read other comments I have made of the past add that to this below, by seeing some of the things it is easy to see how easy it is to slip into depression and sink deeper into it like going down in sinking sands.

Fortunately my wife caught on just in time. I was in a black hole, every time I tried to climb out I fell deeper in, your mind goes into a gyro spin, repeating the same things over and over in your mind. I would hide away, if someone came to the door I hid, it is an horrible state to get in and does not take much to flip the switch so to speak. My thoughts got darker, depression got deeper, I thought about dying, I then thought how I would die, not easy being disabled and not going out. My wife was at work, I was alone, those were the times, the darker times, the repeat thought times for me.

My mind would think how, what way, I had tried to drown myself in my teens after being sexually abused by a vicar, there were only a few of us lads at the pool, no life guard, I went down the deep end slide, then down and up three times, on the last I heard a whistle but was taking in water. It didn't work out. Yet a few years later at 17 I was crushed inside a concrete tunnel incinerator, buried except my boots yet I lived.

At 42 around the time of coming to Christ I had an accident at work, I was surveying a property, I always started in the loft worked downwards, then from the rear forward and job done. This time was to be different, my surveyors ladder was in place on the first floor, as I came out of the roof space onto the ladder, it slipped! There was no way I could know the carpet was on varnished floorboards, the mind goes into overdrive, I thought I would trap my fingers as the roof hatch came into place chopping off my fingers so I let go pulling my hands towards my body, they were saved but I twisted and my coccyx hit the corner of a radiator, I went through hell with pain and blood running down my legs. I went to the hospital and had an xray, nothing broken. The medical profession gave me pain killers and anti inflammatory, the pain was unbearable, so they doubled the dose, then the issues started, they were quick to say 'I had an allergic reaction' to the drugs. So my GP gave me other drugs, then more drugs, then more and more. I had 13 different drugs, I went back to the GP, my skin was flaking, the GP said it looked like dermatitis and I couldn't see anyone for 6-9 months there was a long waiting list! I pleaded do something, you have to do something looking her straight in the face.

That afternoon I lined all the drugs on a worktop and started listing them, the door bell went, it was the GP, I showed her the line of drugs, she tried not to show any signs but wanted to check me out. Then she said is your wife handy, can you get her to come home and take you to the hospital for tests, later I found out she had spotted the yellowing of my eyes and skin, I was admitted to an isolation ward, the doctors and nurses all wore full body cover white plastic and masks, this was 1990, not 2020. It was frightening for sure I eventually recovered but was left with a damaged liver, which we now find is susceptible to drugs, I am allergic to drugs but we do not know which until I have to try them.

The medical profession told me my liver was a bile producing organ that would replace itself in seven years. There was some hope, I was a new Christian around this time, I had accepted Jesus and forgive everyone, the vicar, others between, the doctors for prescribing so many drugs, it was another of those times to move forward in the Lord. But after seven years I became ill, my eyes yellowed, everything started going through my mind, they had conned me, they had told me that so I didn't put in a claim, depression started to eat into me, it took me down. I was retired on medical grounds some time after, but we couldn't afford to stop where we lived, we couldn't pay the mortgage if we stopped there, so we returned back up north where we had come from. But the injury when I was 17 and the hit to the coccyx gave me massive pain issues and my mobility deteriorated. It was a very slippery down hill slope.

We ended up in a small rented bungalow for disabled, I was being stripped of everything yet again! It was very small and very depressing, but to add to this I had always been the grafter, the man who worked to supply for his wife and children, now I had to reply on my wife to be the bread winner, that added to the weight and depression, it was like being buried and every time you try lift your head someone throws something else heavy on you. I was heading for the final straw.

Being disabled, I cannot walk much, mainly hobble, I cannot manage steps of 3-4" or more, how could I get out of this hole, how could I end it. I had tried to drown as a teenager, I had been given an overdose of prescribed medicines, what else was left? I thought, they went over and over in my mind, I started to plan the only way I could think of, for this period in my saved life I was cutting myself off Jesus, I was about to do the greatest sin, the worst sin possible, to take the life God had given me. I decided to hang myself, but how could I do it, I came up with the idea of stacking books on the floor, to make little steps so I can get high enough to do it. |I ordered a short timber beam that would span the lot hatch space, I order a nylon tow rope on mail order, I had candles for the wax. That was how close I was when my wife found the orders and knew I was up to something. What did she do, she did what any woman would do, she went at me like a ton of bricks, demanding answers, why, why, why, how long, what if, what about me, what do you do every day. Wake, loo, eat, go on computer, have a brew go on computer, go to loo, go on computer. Why do we get cards through the door to have to go pick up parcels when you are here to take them at the door, she said, I hide. How hard it is to think this, to say this, to realise where I was and where I would soon be.

My advice to everyone would be, if you ever see someone deeply withdrawn, depressed, with time on their hands alone for hours, talk to them, encourage them, share Jesus, do what ever you can, but do not let them have hours on end on their own in such a situation. It is not always easy I appreciate that, pray, pray, pray for them but try get some involvement, chat about nothing, chat about anything, give there mind other things to think about. Depression is evil, the black hole gets deeper until one day in is better to go into the dark than keep trying and failing to get out. The light dims, blackness takes over. As deep and dark as that is, it is a cowards way out, you choose to end it all, not thinking you will go to hell, that doesn't enter your head, but in a single selfish act taking your life, you leave others whi love you to pick up the pieces.

Thank God for Jesus, no matter what we go through, we will never suffer like what Jesus suffered for us and our sins.

Bless you